Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
rachpreach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!
    Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:11pm
Hello Everyone! I just finished bleaching my hair to the pale blonde stage and now I am interested in using a toner to get that yellow out and have that more of a pale blonde. Ive been doing strand tests with a few different toners with no success. I have tried Wella Color Charm in Princess Blonde and White Lady. The princess blonde made my blonde too dark, which is to opposite of what I want to do. The white lady toner made my hair a silver/lilac color. I did two separate strand tests with white lady. I first left it on for 10 minutes and then just for 5 minutes and both times it gave my hair a flat silver color. Whats the deal? Why has everyone else that I have read had such great success with White Lady?? I want that platinum blonde without the yellow!! HELP!!

side note--Ive also read about Clairol Creme Toner in White Beige. Anyone tried it?
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 29 2009 at 9:40pm
I have had the same trouble as you...& It has driven me nuts! I tried with porosity spray, wet, dry every toner for wella... Silver t14 turned "lighter" than the other ones.  1210 & 1001 mixed looks awesome yet is "permanent color! GRR  Also 10A Premium cremes looks nice white/with blue tinge (yet permanent)  Color charm Demi-10NA looks pale YELLOW not  ash white.  People rave over Manic Panic Virgin Snow which Sally's will carry in JUNE!

I have tried Schwarzkopf shampoo only OMG the color is gorgeous.<---------
I have tried 301 , 301 & 323...  I can tell you which will give you mauve or purple lol.  Basically of ALL of the clairol those two work best mixed or seperate. Clairol is 1:1, Wella 1:2.  Also I believe different bleaches give different porosity & coating on the hair which can effect toning.

I have tried Blonde Glam Pure Pearl...Smells great yet TOO dark~5 minutes=gold mauve not necessarily any "silver or white" to it so Idk what they mean by PALEAngry so I feel your pain seriouslyWink

I have the Schwarzkopf Iceflower (not used yet) its a mousse. 

Wella Color Touch 9/16 & 10/0 with 1.9 % is recommended for "white" havent tried it yet. But sounds fab.

I will let you know when I find the "PERFECT ONE"

Edited by borne.blonde - April 29 2009 at 9:45pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2009 at 4:52pm
so the Schwarzkopf shampoo like a purple shampoo?
And the wella color touch 9/16 and 10/0 colors you are talking about, arent those permanent?? or toners?
Where can I find the The Schwarzkopf mousse and shampoo? Do they have it at sallys?
One more question, Does the Manic Panic virgin snow work good?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 4:21pm
any one else have any suggestions??

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 10:21pm
hello?????

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:16pm
ok so i figured before I apply a toner(still trying to figure out which one to use) I would show yall some pics of my hair thus far. Ive bleached it twice. The first time was two weeks ago and the second time was last wednesday. As you will see in the pictures, there is a golden tone to my hair, which is not as bad in real life as it is displayed in the pictures. There are also some darker goldish/orange pieces from some low lights I had. The darker hair underneath near my neck is supposed to be darker(I want it like that). Im talking about the goldish pieces on the top part of my hair. I want those pieces to be as blonde as the rest of my hair.
This is the top of my hair which is pretty blonde, with no gold strands.
Here is a side view, if you look closely, you can see some goldish strands in the mid sections of the hair.
Here is the back which shows alot of the gold strands up top.
Here is a better look at what the blonde color really looks like.

So Im curious as to what my next step should be? Should I bleach again? All over or just the mid-lengths and ends? Toner?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 9:16pm

LOL
EDIT! THEY HAVE VIRGIN SNOW @ SALLY'S NOW OMG!!!Wink Your in LUCK Deary!!!!

Edited by borne.blonde - May 05 2009 at 3:32am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by borne.blonde borne.blonde wrote:

Oh my goodness WOW well I think your hair looks beautiful. What kind of bleach are you using? When you do try to get the lil bits of color out of those strands I hope you only ONLY takes those bits into foils & not touch any part of the bleached hair.  why is it crucial that I "only" bleach the bits and not any of the other hair. Im just wondering because the lower part of my hair has an overall golden color to it.

Have you tried a purple shampoo yet??? Schwarzkopf
at Ulta or a SALON or online. Im gonna go get some soon.

What brand of color is on the other bits? Is it a DEMI or SEMI because gentle color remover may help with those bits.  They are lowlights that were done at the salon. I would rather bleach them than do a color remover.

How is your hair feeling? Did you put some good deep conditioner treatments into it? my hair feels normal like it always does. It is naturally curly so I never apply heat to it and I deep condition it everyday.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 11:23pm
Onyo ur lowlights... Sometimes Elimin8 or a color remover is used , yes the lowlights I was thinking you were keeping the darker bits at the bottom... I mean you do not want to get the bleach onto the Bleached parts as it appears light enough.  You shouldn't go past the pale yellow stage on the hair that is bleached... Those nice light peices appear to be the proper color for toner. When a pro does the dark bits they keep the bleached parts OUT. Hope that makes sense.  I get too excited about it all.

Do you know what type of brand was used on the lowlights? Demi, Semi, Perm? Are you keeping that part "darker"... sorry am confused..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 7:20pm
i am keeping the underneath dark. I want to lighten up the pieces that are dark on top part of my hair. I dont know what type of brand that the lowlights were.

So if I used a color remover on the pieces, is it going to hurt my hair if I get it on the bleached hair too?

IF I decide to bleach the pieces, can I go ahead and do it since its been a week since I bleached last?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:48pm
http://www.hairdyegallery.co.uk/newpage1.html

Here is a gallery of beautiful colors...

An alternate way to remove colors on those tips...  Clairol uncolor or (for semi perm color or) dandruff shampoo. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 9:55pm

you still didnt say if  the color remover would hurt the bleached hair if it accidently got on it.  ??

thanks

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 12:09am
http://haircrazy.info/dyeingtechniques/getting-black-hair-dye-out/

I cannot advise you to get anything harsh onto the bleached hair. I haven't used the hair color remover products except delicate Metalex.  I would ask your "pro" if you feel comfy doing that.  I'm sorry I am unable to advise on that.Embarrassed I would think it can do damage too.  Treat that bleached hair gently!

I have read that once dye on the hair has been bleached removers like colorfix will NOT work.

Edited by borne.blonde - May 06 2009 at 1:29am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:12pm
ok So I tried the Schwarzkopf shampoo and I LOVE it!!! Thank you so much for recommending it to me!! It gave me that cool platinum blood that I wanted with out using a toner! And its so concentrated too! I used like a dime sized amount and it lathered up sooo much! I have some updated pics of my hair. You can sooo tell the difference from the previous pictures. Its truely amazing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 9:08pm
YIPPEE!!! Isn't it just awesome! I have some swatches with it & I don't mess with them & they look Fab after about 6 months... and the perfect color too. Schwarzkopf really KNOW how to please.
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 3:52pm
When using the Schwartzkopf purple shampoo, you need to keep using it say once a week to keep the platinum tone, just to keep it fresh looking.

Love the colour.
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:17pm
i still want Manic panic virgin snow. Or do I need it now since I have the shampoo?  Will it lighten my hair any more than it is now(in the pics)?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 4:39pm
THEY HAVE MANIC PANIC VIRGIN SNOW AT MY SALLYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
iM GOING TO GET IT TOMORROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2009 at 10:10pm
HEHE that is how I sounded lol

Cheers!!!EmbarrassedYippee
Moorebaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Moorebaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 8:07am
The pics look great! I am at the yellow stage with my hair as the first pics of Rachpreach. Her final pics of hair color are Wonderful! Where can I buy Schwartzkopf shampoo? Do they have that in stores? Or would I get the same results as using the Manic Panic Toner? Thanks in Advance!!

Edited by Moorebaby - May 21 2009 at 8:23am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic