Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

These toners are angering me!!! HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 2:11pm
You may wish to check local beauty salons that perform hair color services with Schwarzkopf & I will pm more places.

If your hair is healthy & you wish to get the coolest result lighten to pale yellow or almost pale yellow.  My screen may be showing you are at the orange gold or Gold stage? or are you wishing to just do lil highlights?

Hope this helps...

The Shampoo will let you see if you like the cool color & is something you can use for upkeep.  The toner you can test on a swatch or peice of your hair to see if you like the feel & look of it. Both get rid of yellow wonderfully!!!
rachpreach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2009 at 5:55pm
Yeah i dont think you are to the "pale yellow" stage yet. You want your hair to be the color similar to the shade of the inside of a banana peel. Thats what Ive been told. If you do an overall bleaching one more time i think you will get it. Then just go to ulta and get the Schwarzkopf shampoo. I use it about every other wash. I wash my hair every other day though so you might want to use it every 3 washes.

I wasnt able to use ANY of the toners I tried because my hair is too porious. I bought Roux Porosity Control to see if it will help. You are supposed to apply it before any chemical treatment. It will hopefully prevent my hair from turning PURPLE after 5 minutes of applying to toner. Im going to try it with the Manic Panic again soon.
JennOgo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JennOgo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 7:30am
WHAT EXACT KIND OF SCHWARZKOPH SHAMPOO DID YOU USE TO GET THAT COLOR.  ITS EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR, BUT ON AMAZON THERE ARE SERVERAL DIFFERENT TYPES OF SHAMPOO.  WHAT EXACTLY DID YOU USE?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 9:15pm

Hey Jenn I emailed you back.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 9:37pm
Well I did my roots this weekend. I decided to do another test strip of the manic panic virgin snow toner. It did turn a liliac color again which made me sooo frustrated. I read the directions on the bottle again just to make sure I was doing it right and then I saw that it said to do it on "towel dried hair"!!!! I have been doing my test strips on freakin' dry pieces!!!!! So, I shampooed my hair, did a test strip, everything looked good, so I did my whole head and WAAA LAAA!!!!! It is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Just the color I always wanted. It took all the yellow out and the hooker blonde color was gone!! I felt like such an idiot for doing this toner stuff on dry hair. Oh well, Im just glad Ive figured it out now.
Here are some pics of my hair with the Manic Panic Virgin Snow Toner:
This one I cropped my friend out of, that her brown hair in the edge.

The flash does enhance it a tiny bit but its basically the true representation of what it looks like in real life. Hope you like it!!
crystal01 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crystal01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2009 at 11:08pm
I'd like to know too were I can but the Schwarzkopf shampoo and which shampoo is it?Also is the conditoiner any good?
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 2:30am
EmbarrassedYIPPEEE! Brilliant! GLOWING! Love it 
karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 1:25pm
Schwarzkopf%20Bonacure%20Colour%20Save%20Silver%20Shampoo%20-%20250ml

Schwarzkopf Professional Bonacure Hairtherapy Colour Save True Silver Shampoo

Superb Cleansing for bleached, lightened and grey hair!

Amino Acid and Moringa Oleifera combine with active colour pigments in this superb Bonacure Hairtherapy Colour Save shampoo in order to give a soft nourishing wash whilst neutralising yellow tones.

The active colour pigments in schwarzkopf's Colour Save Silver shampoo actually work to eliminate the yellow tones in your hair that can come on with time and sun exposure. The result is high clarity and brightness.

Using this superb shampoo as part of your hair-cleansing routine will give shine, health and moisture to your hair with the added bonus of a vastly improved tone!

The success and popularity of Schwarzkopf hair products is due to their quality. From the texture and scent right through to the end results, its always apparent you are using a shampoo, conditioner or repar treatment of a high standard.

Directions for use:

Wet your hair thoroughly and massage shampoo throughout. For blonde hair, wash out immediately. For grey hair, wash out after 1-3 minutes.

You can purchase this at Sally's, Crystal

Edited by karen s - June 02 2009 at 1:26pm
karen sanderson

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 7:29pm
I dont think you can this shampoo at sally's. You can however get it on amazon for a pretty good price or at Ulta. Here is the link to it on amazon.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 8:47pm
well the toner rinsed out a little bit when I washed it :( so its not as "white" as it was. How is some one supposed to get their hair as white as say Christina Aguileria or Gwen Stephani? Theirs is literally "white" and its gorgeous! I dont get it. Whats the secret?

Also is manic panic the best, longest lasting toner that will give you the whitest hair??

Edited by rachpreach - June 02 2009 at 8:51pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2009 at 8:52pm

Side note---my hair isnt as intense and bright looking as it looks in my photos I posted. I think the flash intensifies it.

karen s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote karen s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by rachpreach rachpreach wrote:

I dont think you can this shampoo at sally's. You can however get it on amazon for a pretty good price or at Ulta. Here is the link to it on amazon.

I live in the UK, and I always manage to get this shampoo no problem, however in the US, may be different, only one way to find out call on them and ask, lol.

Karen
karen sanderson
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by rachpreach rachpreach wrote:

Also is manic panic the best, longest lasting toner that will give you the whitest hair??

In the unnaturally-hair colored world, Manic Panic is actually consider a not-great hair color. I've never used the toner of either brand, but Special Effects also makes a toner that I've heard great things about.
doubt truth to be a liar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 9:24pm
La Riche  Directions  http://haircrazy.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_9&zenid=89debf5643d7697f1dfe6547abd79375 
Silver & White Toners...
(am curious of these two above)
Punky Hair Color Platinum
Fudge Whiter Shade of Pale

Also the Manic Panic (comes in Amplified longer lasting versions)...
r4ch3l what do you like the best / are you using?
Embarrassed
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2009 at 10:22pm
Special Effects I find is best, always. But, like I've said, I've not used the toner. I'm actually really surprised the Virgin Snow turned out well for her. I know of a licensed stylist who had awful results with it, along with many other amateurs. 

Edited by r4ch3l - June 03 2009 at 10:29pm
doubt truth to be a liar.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 4:57pm

I want names of products that me, myself can purchase at a local supply store and not thru a stylist.

the pic of Christina A. just looks like she bleached the crap out of it. Gwen's hair looks more like it has a toner on it. I like Christina's color more but Im not going to damage my hair severely to get it.

Does Color Charm "white Lady" work any better/worse than virgin snow?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2009 at 5:07pm
and does the Special Effects brand toner work well? Where can I get that?

I just want to freakin know what Christina A. does to get her hair that color!!!!!!!! DAMN
rcarter24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rcarter24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 11:49am

I have white blonde hair.  I've been bleaching it myself and toning it white since middle of 2008.  Trust me, I have tried just about every purple shampoo/ toner out there. First off, I didn't not have good success with the platinum toners from Punky Colour or Special Effects.  The manic panic is ok sometimes.  I personally light a white violet blonde hair dye made by Wella Color Touch.  I can only by it on the internet,  the best ones are 10/89 and 10/6.  They will give you whiter looking hair than the rest of the toners.   Wella white lady/t18 is ok.  The clairol 323 did nothing for me.  Its also best to use claiol shimmering lights and dilute it with a white shampoo.  If you use the shimmering lights full strength, it tends to make hair look grayish.  Good luck.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 7:46pm
rcarter--so you used wella color touch hair color or toner?  Im assuming its the color by Wella in the 10/89 and 10/6. So you bleach and then add the color to it? Wet or dry hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rachpreach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2009 at 10:13pm

What about this? This is from Wella color charm instead of color touch.

Im not as sure how to apply their hair color as I am their toner.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic