Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you like your long hair played with?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you like your long hair played with?
    Posted: May 01 2009 at 1:34pm
Okay this is an interesting question I was thinking about. Many of my friends that are girls have beautiful long hair and I have been lucky enough to be allowed to play with their hair for them. You know brushing, braiding, putting it up into a ponytail, straightening. As a guy growing my hair out long, I have already had numerous girls asking me if once its long, I would let them straighten, braid, and even curl mine. I have graciously said yes because I think itll be fun :) Girls, with taking such pride in your long hair, do you mind when people play with your hair and do you like playing with others long hair like people will be doing with mine?
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 6:35pm
I don't mind it being played with, as long as it is not damaging it. My 10 yr old son loves my hair. He is always fingering it, and running his hands through it. I don't think I would let anyone curl it, or straighten it,but only because I don't use any heat on it, so I wouldn't want anyone else to either.
With long hair ( almost waist length) you really need to be careful with any heat, or you won't have long hair for very long.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2009 at 6:52pm
Awwww I saw the little thing at the bottom? How long is your hair right now?
_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 9:29pm
I don't mind as long as they ask for rather than just come up to me and start...the lil ones loved playing with my hair..I even gave some of them a comb to create lil styles for me lol.

As for straightening and curling, I wouldn't.  I rarely and I mean rarely use heat in my hair and if I was to, I'd do it myself.  Though I have straightened and curled other peoples hair for them.

Tea4Two View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tea4Two Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2009 at 10:41pm
I would always allow people to play in my hair, but it would eventually get annoying because I would always think of other things I'd rather be doing.
http://public.fotki.com/Tea4Two
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2009 at 10:38pm

I can rest my hand on the back of my jeans and finger the bottom of my hair.

My husband plays with it sometimes, my son all the time, and my daughter once in a while. She wants my to teach her how to french braid. Now that makes me nervous. I don't want it ending up in little knots all over. Although I know I will eventually have to buck up and teach her.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:21pm
Thats awesome it sounds like its nice and long. Even tho Im a guy, I am growing my hair out long too at least to mid back hopefully :) Good luck teaching your daughter to French Braid. I know my one friend whos a girl wants to do mine for me once its long. Im anxious to see how it turns out :)
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 2:55pm
French braids can be really neat on guys. Look up Renaissance time era pictures, I have seen  some really cool styles for men.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 5:04pm
Ill def look that up. Im anxious to see how i like it. Do you think mid back is an okay length to go for or should I go longer or shorter?
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 6:02pm
I have seen some great looking long hair on guys. Some can even grow it better than women !tazIt all depends on if it is healthy or not. I don't care what gender you are, if your hair is in horrible condition, it dosen't matter how long it is, it still looks bad.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2009 at 7:18pm
I totally agree. I plan on using shampoo, conditioner, brushing it and everything so I think it will look nice. I take after my mom with her hair. Its really thick and is straight but has some nice waves to it. Im anxious to get it long :) Definately mid back and who knows from there. If it looks half as good as yours ill be happy :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 7:14am
Hi Pburgh, yes I like it when people play with my hair (though adults more than very young children, because kids can be rough sometimes).  It feels very caring usually, so its nice. 

Thanks for your compliment on my hair, its actually not as long as my photo anymore, that's why I haven't bothered updating recently.  I had dyed it blonde, then realized it didn't make me as happy as I thought it would, so after a few months I dyed it back close to the original color, and due to all the damage its resting around bsl now, as it needs frequent trims.  Once it all comes back in natural I can go for the longer lengths again, but for now, bsl is different for me, so its fun.  Happy growing! 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2009 at 7:42pm
Thanks I appreciate the feedback :) I bet your hair is still beautiful :) I am growing mine out long for the first time as a guy. Do you have any advice on growing it out or how to style it once its long :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 10:20am
Just follow the tips on this site, and it'll grow fine.  In short, stay away from heat and chemicals, brush it gently starting from the bottom, don't wear stuff in it that damages it, oil in it prevents knots, trim off any splits so they don't climb, use a clarifying shampoo once in a while if you use products with silicones in them, and once its long, wearing it up (at least in a braid or ponytail) will help prevent knots, helping you grow it longer.  Most guys I see with long usually choose a braid or ponytail, but I think the world is an open door, you can wear it however you like.  Good luck!
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2009 at 3:25pm
     Big%20smile Susan, I was about to put out an APB on you! It's great to see your name pop up again. Honestly, I figured that you had probably cut your hair. It's not as drastic as I had feared. LOL I'm sorry that the blonde did not thrill you as much as the posters here. But, I'm happy that you like it more now, at the reduced length. Again, HELLO and don't be a stranger. YOU must be the one who is pleased, and you are. Blessings, Bob
     As for the OP question, my wife loves her hair stroked, as long as the scalp is included.

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 7:22am
I love my hair played with, it's very relaxing. I don't like it though, if there rough and pulling my hair.

P.S. Hi Susan, so good to see you! I was wondering too, if you cut your hair. I know you weren't very happy last time we heard from you. BSL is still quite long, and probably easier to care for and wear down.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:12am
Susan you really have beautiful hair and thanks for all the advice :) I love looking at your website and pics of ur hair they are gorgeous :) I am sooo looking forward to my long locks. I plan on braiding it every night before I go to bed but sporting the ponytail when im out. I would love to have a ponytail over a foot long :) Please keep me updated on ur growing.
Bob S im sure your wife loves her hair played with it sounds great. Do u have long hair urself?
Paper thanks for all the feedback as well. I too find it relaxing when girls I know will play with my hair and style it for me. Just think as ur hair nears ur goal length ull have more hair to play with :)
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 8:53am
Bob S:  Ha ha!  Hello again!  Yeah, the blonde looked okay, but it was hard to keep it from being too yellow without damaging it more than I wanted to, and I discovered that while blonde may have been a load of fun in my 20s, I've changed so much on the inside that I don't really care how pretty people find me anymore (which is the "not as happy as I thought I'd be"-it just made having to stick chemicals on my head every 3 weeks for roots completely not worth the trouble).  I really don't think I'll go shorter than bsl ever again (barring unusual circomestances), I wouldn't be able to wear buns and hairsticks as easy.  (I love buns and hairsticks!)   
Paper:  Hey girl!  Good to "see" you too!

Pburgh56:  Thanks so much for letting me know you're enjoying my site!  Those kinds of complements make it worthwhile!  Maybe I'll stick a new picture up soon, I didn't think there'd be any interest in shorter hair, but it seems there might be.  I know you will love your hair long!

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 12:07pm
Anymore, I find that as long as you are happy with your choice, it dosen't matter what anyone else thinks. Perfect ex... I got acrylic nails. I can grow my own out quite well, but it takes alot of time to manicure, polish ect, and they never stay nice with cleaning, dishes, gardening... My mother in law just can not grasp why I would spend my money on "that". My husband has an excellent job, we are not hurting in anyway financially. I have gotten a fill once since, and every time it comes up, she makes some sort of snide comment that is just down right rude.
My conclusion, and the moral of my little story... it is my choice and I am happy with it. It is not affecting or hurting  anybody, and  I don't care what she thinks about it.

Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2009 at 6:37pm
Alisa06- your post has a great message and thanks :) I really dont care what anyone thinks as long as im happy with my long locks thats all that matters :)

Susan W- Def post more pics. I dont care if ur hair is shorter its still beautiful hair :) I would love if you would post a few with ur hair done up in like a ponytail or messy bun too i didnt notice any of them on ur site :( I think I will love my hair long too :) I posted a topic with a pic of my goal length :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic