Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

super dry splited end hair ...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
maniac View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maniac Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: super dry splited end hair ...
    Posted: May 19 2009 at 2:55pm
hi all ,
i m 27 , male , and i started grow my hair bout 6 years ago , but it never grows more than 8-10" , it becomes extremely dry (specially at ends) and with lotsa split ends , no matter what products i use and tested ( loreal dry/damaged treatment , nivea dry/damaged treatment , phyto and ... ) nothin worked well ...
it still super dry and with very big volume , no matter any conidtioner i use it never stays fall down ...
so any idea ? what should i do ?

Angelnikki76 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Angelnikki76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2011 at 6:16am
An idea might be to start using jojoba oil on the ends, and using a natural shampoo and conditioner.
X
barbz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote barbz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2011 at 12:05pm
Your diet has lots to do with how healthy your hair will be try increasing the use of vitamins B6 in your diet along with minerals like magnesium.
Exercise regularly, it will help you and your hair stay healthy.
Get some more sleep at least 6-8 hours a day should rejuvenate the bodies cells and help you.
I do hope this help you cause even tho you're male but split ends can be frustrating and make your hair look bad.
I wouldn't think you use heating appliances but if you do discontinue/ minimize the use.
Also if you do it would be wise to stop smoking caffeine and carbonated products.
Hope all goes well for you.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:32pm

For the dryness do deep conditioning treatments with a really good deep conditioner or hair masque. Put a shower cap on your head and leave it in for at least 10 mins longer if you can.

You can also use oils such as argon, Moroccan, coconut, olive oil ect.

The only way to help with the split end issue is to get regular trims. You don’t have to get your hair cut just get the bottom trimmed. Unhealthy hair will not grow it will split all the way up the hair shaft, become thin brittle and break off. You can do what I do if you do not trust the hair dresser to only trim the ends, buy a hair cutting kit or just a pair of hair cutting scissors and go to work eliminating all the split ends.

There are split end treatments you can use, Nexxus has an overnight treatment for split ends that I heard helps some, but most of these treatments only improve the look of the hair by binding the split end together for a while.

With dry hair you always have to keep it moisturized, drink a lot of water, eat a healthy diet and even if you don’t want to put lots of oil in your hair find a finishing cream or serum that is light weight to keep your hair from getting dry.

Here is the link to my hair care blog with some tips and products that have helped me.

http://ericabookandmovie.blogspot.com/2012/02/hair-care-101.html

Good luck

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic