Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bob variations question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ghgl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ghgl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bob variations question
    Posted: June 06 2009 at 2:03pm
I just got my first bob haircut. I have moderately thick, wavy hair. It's quite short at the back of the neck and then it curves to a slightly longer length on the sides (chin length). Overall, it's quite bulky, especially at the back. I have only some slight layers throughout from a previous haircut and some longish, sideswept bangs. Even though I'm not liking the bulkiness at the moment, I'm liking the shorter length and I want to continue to explore the bob. 

For my next two haircuts, I want to try some bob variations:
(1) layers throughout to allow me to scrunch waves, and
(2) an inverted bob with some stacking.

Does it matter what order I get those two cuts? Ie. if I get the inverted one first, will it be hard to go for option #1 a couple of months later because the stacked layers won't have grown out? And if I do go for the inverted cut, does it have to be straightened, or can I have a wavy inverted style?

Thanks for any advice/wisdom you can offer.   
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 06 2009 at 3:41pm
I think you should do the stacking first
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2009 at 9:41am
stacked first
do you have any pics of your cut?
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 10:57pm
When reading responses to your question, keep in mind that there are people on this forum who would like every woman to have an inverted bob.  :) 

However, if your hair is wavy and you are less than thrilled with the bulkiness you have now, layering might be helpful to remove some of the bulk.  Stacking, on the other hand, might make the bulkiness even more pronounced.

Of course, photos would be helpful, and you might want to seek advice from a stylist familiar with wavy hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic