Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Getting bobbed, need advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Justchloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justchloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Getting bobbed, need advice.
    Posted: June 13 2009 at 10:02am
I have had long hair past my shoulders for a little while now and it's getting to be a hassle styling and keeping cool in this hot weather. So I made an appointment and am considering getting a short bob.   I've had many variations of the Pob in the past always keeping the front just below the chin...and now that everyone seems to have it where I live, I want something different. I have dark brown hair and am petite. I was thinking about getting something like a retro bob... similar to Selma Blair on the site below. I am a little nervous about having the front cut this short and also, I really hate bangs this long...so I was wondering if this cut would look ok with bangs a little shorter and if it is even a stylish choice? Any advice for a newbie? Thanks!

http://hairstylesx.blogspot.com/2009/02/victoria-beckham-shows-off-tan.html
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2009 at 1:40pm
Chloe,

Welcome!

I loved that hairstyle on Selma.  I do think you could go a little shorter with the bangs & have it look great.

You should get some more replies here, but keep in mind that as this is the Short Hair Forum, we do tend to lean toward liking hair shorter.  If you feel comfortable posting a pic of yourself, please do.  It helps to be able to see the person in order to try to figure out if a style will look good on them.  We also love to see before & afters!

Good luck & keep us updated!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2009 at 2:05pm
Chloe,

If you look good with a Pob then you can definately pull off the shorter length. The only thing you have to decide is if you want the bangs (fringe)or not.  Personally i don't think bangs suit everyone and with out seeing a picture of your face i can't comment, but you probably already know if they do or not from past experiene.  I think this still will give you a much more edgy and instyle look.

Like Makeitshort said we all love to see before and after pictures and if you don't want to show your face then just blur the face (photoshop it).  The only thing that matter is that you decide and no one pushes you into it.  All the best and let us know how you get on.
S Big%20smile
lovebobs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovebobs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2009 at 8:52am
oh yah that is a cute cut!
you do realize in order to get that cut the back below the cutline will be shaved or buzzed right?
it will look very stylish, good luck PLEASE POST PICS!
Long with BLUNT bangs or ALL cut to lip length, I cant decide my favorite!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 22 2009 at 11:12am
Love it, absolutely love that haircut.  I can't say enough good things about it.  Still today, so many years after Posh first got her hair cut this way, it still grabs my attention on any woman wearing it. Love it.
HAWG
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 23 2009 at 5:38am
Very Simple, I would do that cut in a heart beat. This is a cut thats in style.
Mike b
Rose.S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 24 2009 at 12:05am
selma looks great in that short bob. i like the long fringe on the bob though. what about getting the same bob  cut and then if you still don't like the fringe at that length then you can ask the stylist to keep taking the fringe up.
Justchloe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Justchloe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 2:54pm
Thanks for all the imput everyone.  I went ahead and got this bob and love it!!  It's probably my favorite haircut yet.  It looks pretty much the exact same as in the pic, except the bangs are a little bit shorter (not too much though).  I am planning on keeping it this way for awhile bc it works so nice in this hot weather.  Not sure how I feel about posting pics, but maybe in time.  Thanks again.  -Chloe
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 6:14pm
Happy for you; a great haircut is a wonderful thing; thanks for sharing.
HAWG
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 26 2009 at 8:11pm
Chloe,

Glad it went well & you're happy with the cut!  After all, that's what it's all about isn't it?  If you don't feel comfortable posting pics, don't, but please keep us up to date!  We always need something to talk about!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic