Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kimbearly's Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 1:42pm
Got a haircut today - a much needed one.  I tried putting it off and putting it off, but my dry ends were not getting any better and they felt like a dry paintbrush.  So, I had 6 inches taken off some of the layers (outer layers, where the sun hits - darn sun really does do damage in the summer, but I hate wearing hats) and 2 inches off of the ends.  I have to say my hair feels so much better and no more tangles.  I want to have long hair really fast - but not nasty long hair.  My hair looks really red in the picture, it's because of the flash. 

Going to the health food store to buy some nettle tea.  I heard on Dr. Ozz - a TV show, that is is great for hair health and to grow it faster.  Hmmm - heard it taste good, so let's see!

Edited by Kimbearly - October 24 2009 at 3:36pm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 3:31pm
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 3:35pm

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 8:01pm
October 2009                                        June 2009

Well, now that I look at the two pictures side by side, to me my hair looked longer in June.  I think all of the swimming and water parks I went to this summer dried out my ends.  At least it looks healthy and that is what counts the most. 
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 8:09pm
Wanted to share a cute picture of my very cute puppy.  She is a Bichon Frise.  Love her to pieces Heart
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:21pm
Your hair is very pretty!  And I just love your puppy...what a cutie!  We want a Bichon in a couple of years.  Kinda busy right now to have a doggie.  Also, you are very pretty. (hope you don't mind me saying so)
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:23pm
Sorry I missed your Birthday but what a cute message PAPER left for you!!!!
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2009 at 10:36pm
 All compliments are gladly accepted over hereTongue
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 28 2009 at 9:19am
Hey Kimbearly! Your hair does look a little shorter.  But, look at all those layers gone! It looks healthy and fuller too. Oh, and your dog is soooo cute!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 2:50pm
     Your long hair was "nasty"? (lol) If only more women would grow such "nasty" (ahem) looking hair! Embarrassed Bob
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2009 at 10:15am
Thanks Bob, I take your compliments very highly!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 6:39pm
Your hair looks great after your recent trim, well done! Clap  And, uh, cute puppy too. 
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2009 at 9:43pm
Dave, thank you too!  You are another highly respected member.  I feel very privileged for the compliment.

Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2009 at 11:43pm
Hack, Hack, Hack.  I am on the darn prednisone again for asthma and it makes my hair fall out!  Darn, Darn Darn!!! Thanks goodness I only have a couple more days of it.  My son is also on it and he said, "Mommy, I am shedding!"  Thank goodness I was blessed with thick hair (him too). 

On another topic I am back to the Aubry Honeysuckle rose conditioner.  I just seem to always go back to it, so I really should never stop using it.  I always like to experiment with other products, but nothing ever helps my hair feel really nice as this stuff does.  So it's washing with the VO5 extra body and put Aubrey on the ends for a few minutes.

Edited by Kimbearly - November 15 2009 at 9:25am
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2009 at 6:46pm
I had to share this hilarious video we took today.  It is me trying to take a Christmas Picture for our card.  Keep your eye on our dog. 
Happy Holiday's Everyone!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhtfsqWMZao
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2009 at 5:40pm
lol That was too funny! Thanks for sharing!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2011 at 6:25pm
It has been a looooooooong time. I have not thought much about my hair lately and amazingly not doing that has made it grow faster for some reason. I get trims around every 4 months, and my ends are free of splits. I still love the VO5 extra body products. I use the shampoo once a week and the conditioner all the rest of the days as my "No-Poo." I use Aubrey honeysuckle conditioner on my ends, then wash that out. I use Kiehls cream with silk groom on my ends each day and leave in, Aubrey gel and Aubrey hair spray. Below are the new pics!

Edited by Kimbearly - December 05 2011 at 6:27pm
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2011 at 11:08pm
Beautiful. So glad you're letting your hair grow. Thanks for sharing!
Who has more fun than people?
malelonglocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malelonglocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2012 at 11:44pm
Hi Kimbearly. I hope you do not mind feedback but your hair is absolutely stunning. It is awesome to see a woman that takes care of her hair so much and works so hard to let her hair get so long and beautiful. Do you think you will keep letting it get even longer? I am in the process of letting my hair grow out very long hopefully to waist length and if mine can get nearly as good as urs I will definately be happy. What does your family think of your hair and do any of your kids share your love for it?
Going to awesome lengths
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 13 2012 at 8:52am
Hi Malelonglocks - thank you so much. I am going to let it grow. I really do not have a stopping point and I do not know how much longer it can grow. This has been the longest it has ever been in my whole life. I really do not think of the length that much anymore. I mostly notice how long it is when I take pictures of the back of my head. My family knows I am hair obsessed - that is obsessed with healthy, shiny hair. My kids could not care the least and I have to remind them to take a shower themselves. To tell you the truth, I really do not think about my hair that much anymore. I really like it long and I finally got there. I thought more about my hair when it was not long and I wanted it long. Now it is just fun to see how much longer it will go. Good luck with growing your hair!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic