Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Addy's Hair Journal!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:57am
Wow Addy, congrats on reaching BSL! Clap

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 4:24pm
Pburgh, I usually take a hair, skin, body and nail vitamin but I've been slacking.  I've been taking a lot of *ignore the hair and it will grow*! LOL 

I am starting another round of Miconizole Nitrate.  That my friend is Monistat aka coochie cream. Star   You just put a little on your scalp and rub it in until the whole scalp is covered. 

I don't know of anything else but those 3 things. 

Hey paper, I am so stoked!  It's been so long!  I'm very happy looking at my hair now, knowing I'm on my way! Big%20smile
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:24pm
The weather is lousy today.  Rain and a high of low 70's if that.  This is NOT summer weather in my book!  I had to come home and throw on long comfy fleece pants and a hoody.  Ghesh! 

So, I;m gonna post pics of my babies.  I haven't really shown my new baby off so here goes.

Everyone, meet my new baby Ava.  She was 11 weeks in this pic taken in March.  I got her 4 days after my Big Boy Zachary passed away.  My house felt so empty without him, even though we had Casey.  All our hearts were broken and Ava has helped fill that void and healed me in some way.  
She is a full blooded reversed brindle Boxer baby.

Here she is on the couch.  She was so little!  Where did my lil puppy go?!

I love this pic of Ava!

When the tennis ball is too big for your mouth, us it as a pillow! LOL

Here she is playing with one of her best buds, Duke...

I think she's saying:  If you move, I will get you!

Mickey mouse?  Is that you?

She loves the hose!

Playin hard makes me tired!

This is what happens when I get bored all by myself.  Boy!  MaMa was mad! 

I'm really a good girl though!  MaMa will tell you that she loves me very much!

Yep!  Ava's right!  I do love her!  She's my Ava Baby!  She just turned 6 months old on the 27th.  She's getting so big!

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:28pm
Wow your dog is adorable :) I love boxers. Thanks for the input too I will have to try some of that I mean i was looking for something out there that would help my hair grow longer and quicker :) Im off to the salon now for a slight trim and to let her know my new goal length is lower back :) wish me luck ! :)
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 6:58pm
Now onto my Casey.  She's my best friend in the whole world!  She has been there for me through some very difficult times and made me smile when no human could possibly make me happy.  My girl Casey could though.  She licked many a tears from my stinging face. 

Here is Casey a.k.a. Piss, Pissy, Pissy Pants, Pissy Wissy, Pissels, Pissers, P-Pants, Louise, Rusty Butts.  LOL

Pissy and Ava

For being my bestest girlfreind, she gets nothing but the best place to sleep!

Mama's Girl

Don't ask her if she wants to go swimmin until you're ready cuz she'll beat you in there every time!

Here she is getting her ball.

She swims under water too!  Don't believe me?  See for yourself! 

She could swim all day long if I let her!

She likes to lay on the porch after a good swim too!

Say CHEESE!  Yes, she really smiles! Big%20smile

She's my girl but now I have two girls.  Casey and Ava.  When I come home, I say, There's my girls!  I have a hand for both of them.   They are precious and really better than the kids! lolsign

Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 7:47pm
And finally, I will share just a few memories and pics of my Boy Zachary.  May you rest in peace Big Boy!

My Boy had his own special place on the couch just like Casey and now Ava does.  Towards the end though he laided on the floor because his hips were going bad. Cry  I loved this Boy so much, he took a piece of my heart when I gave him back to the Lord. 

He had a foot fetish

He was a really sweet boy.  He would never hurt anyone and was as playful as all get out.  Here he is on the couch wrestling with ds.

Zachary loved us and we loved him!

I'll never forget his sweet face. 

He laid here by my feet so many times. 

It's hard to believe when I took this pic, I'd have less than a year with him left. 

This was taken last summer.  It was our last summer. 

This is where he laid.  He got a good shot of the front door so no one could just walk into his house.  He could make ya want to sh*t yourself if you knocked on the door! LOL

We were goofin around in this pic.  We always did. 

One of his favorite games was to chase you snarling around the table after your feet.  He played with my brother like that til he begged me to make him stop cuz he was tired and Zachary wasn't done.  I told Big Boy to get him and my brother would run again!

My Boy would never hurt anyone.  He never did.  He pleased me to no end.  I miss him so much.  He was so sick in his last week with me, it broke my heart to see him in so much pain and I was the only one that could stop it and make him feel better even though it killed me inside. 

I laid beside my Boy the night before and wept like a baby on him.  I just cried and cried.  I'll never forget it because the pain is still there for me.  He was ready.  When he looked at me, I could see in his eyes he was telling me he couldn't take it much more. 

On March 4th, 2009 DH and I carried him on his blankie and put him in the bed of the truck and I took him to see his doctor.   We laid quietly on the floor in the exam room and I pet him.  I told him what a good boy he was to me and told him I loved him so much.  The girl came in and gave him a sedative and she left.  She came back 10 minutes later as Zachary and I laid on the floor and started his IV.  As soon as she injected his medicine he passed away before he could get it all.  Cry  She got up as I sobbed on him and left me ther for a 1/2 hour.  I just cried and told him how sorry I was. 

I had him cremated.  

Losing a dog is just as bad as losing a child.  I felt like I lost my son that day.  I know I will have to lose Piss and Ava some day.  It's so hard when you love them so much and know they are with you for a short time but the time they have spent with me is worth the heart ache in the end because I know when I die I will be met by my dogs on the other side. 

God has a special place for them and I know He has a special place for me too!

smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2009 at 10:52pm
CryI'm so sorry you lost your baby!!  It's never easy losing a pet b/c they ARE family!  He was just beautiful too.  Thank you for all the pics...including your Pissy (cracks me up) and your new baby too!

I just love dogs and cats too.  One day we'll have doggies again.... life is so busy now that cats are easier to take care of for us.

Edited by smilinjenn71 - July 02 2009 at 10:53pm
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 5:49am
Thanks Jenn. 
How many cats do you have? 

We have 6! Tiger, Mia, Cooper, Lizzy, Duke and Booger. cathug
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 8:55am
Addy, I loved seeing all your pictures! Your new puppy is sooooo cute! I'm so sorry for your loss. Hug Losing a pet is just like losing a family member.

How's the growing out the dye going? You mentioned in my thread how dark your virgin hair is. Mine is the same way. How do you deal with the 2 tone or should I say 3 tone lol. Some days I feel like cutting off they dye, but it took me so long to get to this length, I can't do it!

Edited by paper - July 03 2009 at 8:56am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 10:32am
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

Thanks Jenn. 
How many cats do you have? 

We have 6! Tiger, Mia, Cooper, Lizzy, Duke and Booger. cathug

We have 3 pretty babies!  One is a black/white tuxedo and the other 2 are sisters... grey/brown tabbies.
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2009 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by paper paper wrote:

Addy, I loved seeing all your pictures! Your new puppy is sooooo cute! I'm so sorry for your loss. Hug Losing a pet is just like losing a family member.

How's the growing out the dye going? You mentioned in my thread how dark your virgin hair is. Mine is the same way. How do you deal with the 2 tone or should I say 3 tone lol. Some days I feel like cutting off they dye, but it took me so long to get to this length, I can't do it!

Thank you paper. 

Growing out the dye has been soso.  There are days where I think about just cutting it all off and starting all over and then I come back to my sences pretty quickly!  I can't do it either.  August will be a year and it's grown out so much. 

I know you're trimming yours but I'm looking for maximum growth so I'll probly have my colored hair for atleast 3 years before I cut it all off.  It's okay though I guess.  It's pretty healthy with no splits. Smile 
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2009 at 7:40am
So, I haven't kept up with MN right now because I have/had a kidney stone. Cry  I spent early Sunday morning in the ER passing one and the pain was horrific.  I had Ultram and vicodan and then they broke out the dilotin!  Thank God for good pain medicine!  If I had a gun, I'd of used that!  The pain was that bad! 

I had thought I had a UTI til that puppy let lose on me probly because I was drinking beer on the 4th.  I never want another one and have vowed to drink only water, a bit of coffee in the am and beer on special occasions.  

It was up there with the worst pain I'd ever experienced.  I think I could have handled cutting my finger off compared to passing a kidney stone...  seriously! Dead
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 9:11pm

I still haven't passed that damn kidney stone.  It has me wiped out.  I've been drinking so much water, I'm surprised I don't have a hump! 

So, I'll post some regrowth pics. 

Pic taken on 7/10/09 Back

7/10/09 Front

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 16 2009 at 10:29pm
Wow very pretty hair pictures :) itlooks amazing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

So, I haven't kept up with MN right now because I have/had a kidney stone. Cry  I spent early Sunday morning in the ER passing one and the pain was horrific.  I had Ultram and vicodan and then they broke out the dilotin!  Thank God for good pain medicine!  If I had a gun, I'd of used that!  The pain was that bad! 

I had thought I had a UTI til that puppy let lose on me probly because I was drinking beer on the 4th.  I never want another one and have vowed to drink only water, a bit of coffee in the am and beer on special occasions.  

It was up there with the worst pain I'd ever experienced.  I think I could have handled cutting my finger off compared to passing a kidney stone...  seriously! Dead

Oh gosh hunny, I'm so sorry to hear that!  I've heard kidney stone's are the absolute WORST!  I hope you pass it soon!!!!

Nice pics of your growth. Smile
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 7:46pm

OMG Jenn, me too!  I still haven't passed it and I'm getting a bit worried.  My mom gets them all the time and she said it will come out, eventually.  Thanks mom!  I was telling my SIL that I should let DH take care of it! LOL  She said it may help so I told DH and he said what if he get's it stuck in his manhood? lol  Highly impossible baby!  Can't ya help MaMa out?! 

I can tell you one thing though, I never want another kidney stone.  I feel like I'm a strong person.  I can take pain but that pain, NO WAY!  I don't ever want to experience that again.  When I asked DH to take me to the ER that night, he knew I was serious.  I never go to the ER for stupid stuff.  This shoot was bad! stretcher

In other news.  I want another baby.  I am only posting this here.  I've wanted another baby for 5 years now and sometimes DH says he wants one but then backs out on me. Angry   I tell him I'm not getting any younger and now is the time if it's going to happen.   I think it would be wonderful to have another baby. babygirl 

I have just been having the baby itch and it doesn't go away.   I don't always think about it but the thought is always there.  I find myself peering into little baby strollers and watching babies pass me when I'm out and about always hoping for another.   I miss having a baby in the house and I know DH does too or he wouldn't bring it up like he does.  There would be a HUGE gap in age differances between our two children we have now but I see people do it all the time.  Our son will be 14 on the 25th this month and our daughter just turned 12 on April 24th. 

I wouldn't really care what we have gender wise.  We really want another boy because boys are easier even though they can be pretty wild but girls are so sweet and beautiful in their own right but their hormones are out of this world once they become young ladies.  Trust me, I know. 

I worry about allergies too.  I have a fatal peanut allergy and it will be my worst nightmare if our future baby would have a food allergy even though I can deal with mine, dealing with a child's allergy is scary because it only takes a little bit to trigger it.  I was scared when I had my other two children but  they are fine and I'm just letting my anxiety get in the way! Dead   I remeber when the kids were born, I forbade everyone from giving them peanuts.  They never ate them until ds was 5 and dd was 3 after they were tested.   I'm probly worrying over nothing but until you walk a day in the life of a fatal food allergy, you just don't know what it's like.  It will scare the daylights out of you.  Mine is very severe.  It almost killed me in 2004 because I wasn't carrying my EPI-Pens. Cry  I spent two horrific days on life support because of my near fatal error and took me months to recover physically and over a year to recover mentally.   Ouch

That fear will not stop me from wanting another baby, even if the baby would have a food allergy or worse <which I hope nothing bad would happen, don't we all>.  I just want another baby and will be pestering DH and hoping he will commit cuz I can't do it on my own.  Big%20smile 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 17 2009 at 8:11pm
ADDY, you crack me up!LOL

Our boys are 11 and 15 and I can safely say I have zero desire to do the whole baby thing again.  Hubby and I will never be home once the kids are off doing their own thing.  However, I have seen families have babies later in life as well and you 2 have to make the decision that is right for YOU!  Peanut allergies are scary beasts!  I feel bad that you have to deal with that on a daily basis....that sucks!

You'll have to let me know if DH helps out and how it goes for ya...LOL!!!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 7:33pm
I got a new camera and after a few hours of trying to figure it out, I think I have mastered it! Clap 

Here we go, an update photo taken tonight!!!  I'm so freaking excited over my growth, I think I might very well hit waist this Christmas! 

Here is my hair one year ago to the day today...

And today, 9.18.09

Anyone wanna make wagers if I'll make it to waist or not by Christmas? LOL

I am so freakin stoked!  WOOT!
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 7:34pm
Oh and those are bun waves ladies and gents!  ANd let's me not forget that I also had a 2" trim in there along the way! Tongue

Edited by Addy - September 18 2009 at 7:35pm
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 19 2009 at 8:59am
Wow Addy absolutely amazing growth :) I def think you can get to your waist by christmas :) How long is your ponytail now?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic