Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with going short?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cutiechels86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutiechels86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with going short?
    Posted: July 05 2009 at 8:49pm
So, I'm moving away from my home town soon and I have really love hair(well, maybe not really long...but around mid-back). I've been thinking of cutting my hair for some time, and I think now would be perfect.

This is what I was initially thinking

but decided why not go shorter?

I then decided this is nice too
but I'm not really sure.

So, I'd like any suggestions for hairstyles. I'm not scared of clippers...well, I am but I think I'd be ok with it, just nothing super short.
I'll post pics when I get it done, but I really have nothing I'm wowed by and actually want my hair to look like.

Thank you so much, anything would be appreciated =]
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2009 at 10:23pm
 A pic of you would help everyone a lot.  My wife has the first pic (though not as much bang Unhappy) currently.  I would rate it as average...looks ok some of the time.  I would personally love for her to go with the second pic - I just think it looks more like a style.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 12 2009 at 7:20pm
Did you cut it or do you need more suggestions?
HAWG
KiwiKim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 3:42pm
I have to agree that the first style is just "so so".  Have you considered the short angled bob that Victoria Beckham had?  I wore my hair similar to that for over 4 years.  I got compliments all the time.  Strangers would come up to me a store to tell me how nice my hair looked.  Also, it was super easy to care for.

The length vaired sometimes the front part was just below the bottom of my nose.  Other times, just above my chin.  An important difference from VB's style was that I had the back stacked and the nape tapered very close or (in the summertime) buzzed.  I had the top very light blonde and left the nape my natural dark blonde (probably could have gone darker on the nape).  If you need pictures, just search on "short angled bob" in Google images.  I'd share a couple of pictures, but don't know how to do that.

I might still have that style except my stylist got tired of cutting hair and decided to "retire" and teach self-defence for women.  (Go figure).  I had an unfortunate misunderstanding with her successor.  I guess I had gotten into a rut and that defnitely got me out of it!  I found a new stylist that I trust.  I muddled through a series of styles until I found my current one (really short).  I'm getting compliments again!  Big%20smile  Each time I get my hair cut it gets a little shorter.  Sometimes it's my idea, sometimes it's my stylist's.  My husband has predicted that I am going to end up with "European short" hair.  I think that he is probably right.  By next summer, I'll probably have a super short pixie, a butch, brushcut or some other extreme style.  Shocked  I know that I won't keep it that way very long, but it will be fun for awhile. 

I wouldn't recommend that you go from your current lenght to as short as I currently have.  It would be too big of a change.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2009 at 8:03pm
Great post KiwiKim; welcome to the board.  Love your hairstyles, would love to see pictures when you feel comfortable with us.
HAWG
Rose.S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rose.S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 21 2009 at 7:42pm
Mine is currently closer to the second pic. The first pic is not really a style. If I were wearing that length (first pic)...I probably would prefer a side angled fringe. The katie holmes pic you've got there...at that length...the only annoying thing I find with it is that if I go to bed and it's not perfectly dry, in the morning I wake up and find it's really boofy and it sticks up at the back at odd angles Cry ... I wanted the stylist to cut mine shorter at the back as in the posh/pob style but I guess he doesn't really translate pics into reality well ...my previous stylist is on maternity/baby leave for a year so I'm left with trying out new hairstylist until I find one I like.
Although, having it at the shorter length has benefits- dries quicker, easier to brush, pin etc. When I had super long hair - it use to collapse every time I didn't pin it up with at least 5 bobby pins and more. Even barrettes couldn't hold my hair up properly all day without it leaning over and collapsing.
Anyway, I prefer the second pic over the first one. Rachel McAdams has looked better in different styles than the one you posted.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 22 2009 at 6:59am
I sent you some pictures to see if I could help
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2009 at 8:33pm
Any update?
HAWG
BobsRock View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobsRock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 25 2009 at 1:23pm
Definitely go for it!
here are some more bob styles which you may want to browse if you haven't got it cut already

KiwiKim View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KiwiKim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 24 2009 at 11:15am
OK, it's been over 3 months since your original post.  Did you make a decision or are you still thinking about it?
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:08pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

Smile

^^^^%%%%$$$$
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic