Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Jaclyn Smith and José Eber Talk Candidly About Gre
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Jaclyn Smith and José Eber Talk Candidly About Gre

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Beautysavvy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beautysavvy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Jaclyn Smith and José Eber Talk Candidly About Gre
    Posted: July 20 2009 at 9:15am

Jaclyn Smith and José Eber Talk Candidly About Great Hair

New STYLE Collection by Jaclyn Smith for Paula Young®

Makes Hair Styling Easy and Affordable

Q: Jaclyn, describe your hair care routine:

JS: "I don't wash my hair every day - unless I'm on a film or a photo shoot. I try to take breaks from daily shampoos and other products. That way I give my hair a chance to rest and let the natural oils work back into my hair

Q: Do you have a favorite shampoo and conditioner?

JS: "I try rotating a few favorite shampoos - you'll find that changing shampoos will bring out the best in your hair. Some may give it shine, some will add body and some will make your hair softer. Another great tip -- try Mayonnaise straight from the jar."

Q: What about hair color?

JS: "Since I color my hair, and I want the color to last, I try to avoid all products that contain

alcohol. Whether or not you color your hair, it's helpful to strip-off the build-up of residues from hair products, and from the environment."

Use this handy cleansing recipe:

Add 1/2 cup white vinegar to 1 quart boiling water.

Let solution cool and apply to just washed hair.

Finish with a cool to cold rinse.

Q: What is the STYLE Collection for Paula Young®?

JS:  "I like hair styles that are classic and timeless. My new STYLE Collection for Paula Young is an amazing, affordable collection of wigs, falls, hairpieces, volumizers and clip-ons that are both flattering and fun to wear. There is no need to be afraid of change!

The key to finding your own style is knowing what looks best on you and not necessarily what's on the cover of a fashion magazine. You can't assume a style you like in a photograph is going to work for you. You have to find your own individual style. Look at your height, weight and coloring. Look at your total self. Find a style that compliments your face. This hair collection is for those who are suffering from medical hair loss, as well as those women who may want more volume, a new look, a special occasion up-do and more…the options are as unique as the wearer."

José Eber, "stylist to the stars", has become synonymous with beauty throughout the world. José believes that every woman has star potential if she will recognize her own unique beauty and appreciate the characteristics and traits that make her special and different. 

Q: José, Jaclyn's fans often write to us asking about Jaclyn's haircut …what can you tell us?

For Jaclyn, I've always cut layers framing her face and invisible bangs which can be worn as bangs or swept to the side. Her current cut has more layers which provides a narrow look, and the length is cut just above her collar bone.

Jaclyn favors long hair and it works so beautifully for her. And, believe it or not, long-ish hair is actually easier to maintain."

Q: Can you offer a few style tips for different hair types?

JE: "There is no set rule … there is no set style. Today you can be free to be almost anything. You can wear a bob, a French bob, long layers, a shag, short hair, big hair … almost anything.  Choose the length and layers to compliment your hair type, your life style and your personality. 

STYLE Collection: Celebrity Hairstyles in a Snap!

The recently-debuted STYLE by Jaclyn Smith Collection is a magnificent line of beautiful hairpieces, including falls, clip-ons, wigs and other pieces. The line, available exclusively through www.paulayoung.com and the Paula Young® catalog, meets the needs of today’s modern woman featuring hair fashion with natural highlighting, blended colors, volumizers, add-ons and more.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic