Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vitamins and hairloss

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vitamins and hairloss
    Posted: July 27 2009 at 1:24pm
I have very fine, thinning hair.  I'm wondering if anyone out there has tried vitamins to help hairloss or knows if you can take too many?  I  have done so much research on the internet.  Their are so many vitamins that claim to help hairloss.  I started taking Saw Palmetto, Kelp, Silica, MSM, B-Complex, Multiple, Hair vitamin and more.  I also started using Nioxin 4-step program.  I don't see hair in the shower drain anymore but still find it on my clothes and in the vacumm. 

Any opinions on taking so many vitamins, I also read taking too many vitamins can cause hair loss.

Please help

_Princess_ View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote _Princess_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 9:47am
The vitamins I've been taking haven't really done much to stop my hair loss...so I'm right there with you.
jena View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2009 at 5:31pm
Hi Princess,  Besides taking so many vitamins I'm also having a saliva test done to test my hormones to see if I have an inbalance.  And I have also been reading a lot about hypothyroidism.  If your thyroid is off that can cause hair loss.  I spend hours a day researching hair loss.  I'm determined to find out the cause of mine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic