Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing out an awful short cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 1:06am

there are a couple of girls on the makeupalley site that are taking biotin 5000 mcg and claim their hair is growing very fast. i can't take the 5000 cuz i breal out too bad from biotin. i was taking 3000 and started breaking out so i went back down to 1800 but once i get all clear iam going to try the 5000 for a couple of weeks and see what happens.

Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 12:08pm
Awwwww great I really want to try biotin too to see if it works. is it okay for guys to take it and where do u get it at?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 4:32pm
i am sure that biotin would be ok for guys. you could always google it and do some research on it. i have seen the biotin 5000 mcg at walmart but you can also get at any vitamin store. i am going to do that water fast next week that suicides was talking about. then after the fast i am going to take the biotin 5000 for a couple of weeks and see if i might get a hair growth boost.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2009 at 4:37pm
awwww that sounds like a really good idea. please post and let me know how it goes for u. I really need a hairgrowth boost myself. I am at my collar now and i am just longing for that shoulder length look so i can have my first ponytail :)
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 3:50am
i didn't have school on friday so i have had evoo in my hair since friday. i will wash it out sunday night. i really am starting to see a lot of root. by the looks of my roots though it looks like iam only going to get 1/2 an inch of growth for the first month of my grow out. kind of sad i was hoping that taking the nourishair would give me more growth. i am still going to take the vitamins and see if i might get more growth for next month. i have a soccer game on monday so tuesday i am going to do the water fast then after the fast i am going to take 5000 mcg of biotin and see what happens.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 7:57am
awwwww im looking forward to seeing how that water fast goes. it sounds like its a good idea. i think u may see an increase in growth once the biotin and nourishair starts to kick in. right now im between the 1/2 to 1 inch growth a month so im hoping it stays there or increases even. How long is ur hair now?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 6:12pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

awwwww im looking forward to seeing how that water fast goes. it sounds like its a good idea. i think u may see an increase in growth once the biotin and nourishair starts to kick in. right now im between the 1/2 to 1 inch growth a month so im hoping it stays there or increases even. How long is ur hair now?

my hair is still the same length it is in the picture i posted where iam wearing the leopard print dress. it is growing but not gaining any length cuz it keeps breaking. i am so frustrated. i can't wait for a couple months to go by so i can hopefully get some length. right now i would be happy with chin length. i liked my hair when it was in a chin length aline cut.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 9:06pm
awwww def i think chin length would be a cute look as well. just try to stay positive. i know it may be rough with ur hair breaking and all but itll get better and grow :) could u do a ponytail when u were at chinlength?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 9:08pm
i tried curling my hair tonight for a date i have and it turned out like crap lol...it looks like harpo marx...well, let's see if my date goes running away once he sees me lol...why can't i wake up in the morning with long beautiful hair darn hair just can't grow fast enough.

on another note...does anyone have an area of their head where their haor grows faster? My hair seems to grow much faster in the back of my head. my sides seem to take forever. i wish it was the other way around.

oh and i have to say my hair does look healtheir and less frizzy from keeping the evoo in my hair for 2 days I am going to have to try and do this every weekend. I am not using my flat iron for a while and see if it helps my hair.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2009 at 10:37pm
Ill have to say mine is just like urs. my hair tends to grow faster in the back of the head as well making for a little mullett look lol. did u ever think of extensions until your hair grew some more?
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 5:05am
natorade, i have the same experience, particularly when my hair was blone, it was always growing and it'd alwayyyyys have roots, but it would never get any longer because it would break. Extremely fdrustrating! I know how you feel too, I can't wait for when I look back at this time and say "wow my hair is so much better now". It will happen for both of us!
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 7:50pm
omg i can't believe what happened today. i was wearing my hair back in a head band and my friend said to me "you look like you have a bald spot" i knew i thought i had a bald spot but i thought i was just imagining it. it is right above my temple area on the left side of my head. it's not like bald bald but it is definately very thin. you can clearly see my scalp. i really think it's from that stylist putting crap on my roots like 5 times trying to fix it from not being orange it must have caused my hair to fall out by the root. i knew my hair did not feel as thick as before when she was done. so the outcome of this whole visit with the hairdresser is extremel damaged hair thinning hair with a bald spot. a short ugly cut that i can't even stand a total zap of my confidence and total depression and to top it off i still have orange roots. now i need to find something to help this bald spot. can it get any worse? i refuse to use a flat iron my goal is no flat iron for 4 months. ihave made an appointment for december 19th to have a hairdresser look at my hair.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2009 at 8:45pm
awwww im praying for u that ur appointment goes great :) i feel sooo bad about the bald sport but u can prob easily cover it up :) did u think about a wig or anything till it gets longer?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2009 at 10:20pm
so as not to discourage myself i am going to see if my hair will grow 1/2 an inch every 5 weeks, I will measure my hair Sept 17th and see if I have 1/2 an inch. I am really seeing alot of new root growth in the back crown area of my hair but not much in the front or sides and thats the area I really want to grow. I bought a short hairstyle magazine today and I was looking at some of the short cuts, I even came across a couple of styles that looked like mine and I thought they looked so cute. I just wish mine would look that cute :) I have to say that I think older brothers can really be annoying. I went to visit my brother today and I haven't seen him in a while. He kept staring at my hair and finally asked me what in the h*** I had done to my hair? He wanted to know if i purposely wanted my hair orange and made sure he let me know that the color does nothing for me....Love you too bro lol...December 17th I am having it dyed back to my original color, let's just hope i make it that long. I am thinking of going to cosmetology school.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 02 2009 at 9:14am
Awwww dont worry about what ur brother said :( what does he know about hair. I hope u get that half inch every 5 wks i think thats a good realistic goal for urself and imanxious to see how the coloring goes. u should def go to cosmetology school itd be sooo much fun :) have u thought about it before?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 2:29am
I went into the gas station tonight and the lady that workd there told me my hair looks like it is growing it was like angels singing when she said that to me. Now I  have this little tuft of hair at the nape of my neck that had been shaved with the clippers and my longest layer of hair in the back was hanging just above this tuft of hair and it seems like in just about 2 days my longest layer in the back is actually covering this tuft. I hope this means that my hair has decided to grow. I haven
t straightened my hair in about a week now and I can notice a difference in the textutre of my hair. It is actually starting to look like hair. I swear though my hair is what is preventing me from getting a job, I usually have no problem  getting a job and I just can't get hired right now. When my hair grows out chin length and I can get my inverted bob I am going back to these places and trying again and see what happens It just goes to show that hair color and style does make a big difference in your looks and how people see you. September 17th will be the 5 week mark since the awful  cut. I am going to try and take a pic of my hair that day to try and keep a record of the growth.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 04 2009 at 8:46am
Awwwww im sooo glad u got a nice hair compliment :) i know i always feel good when i get those. Def take pics of ur hair too im anxious to see. btw the inverted bob sounds like a great idea. i think they are really cute.
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 05 2009 at 7:03pm
I want to buy me a real cute ed hardey hat in a couple of days. one with lots of rhinestones so I can wear a cap once in a while.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 12:19am
sounds good. when u had long hair did u ever wear the baseball hat with the ponytail? i think that looks really cute :)
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 11:30pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

sounds good. when u had long hair did u ever wear the baseball hat with the ponytail? i think that looks really cute :)
 No, I never wore any kind of caps. I am just thinking of wearing one now to help disguise my hair a little.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic