Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing out an awful short cut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2009 at 11:36pm
Well, I have to lower my doese of biotin again because once again it is breaking me out. I usually lower for a few days untill the pimples go away then I up it again untill I start to break out. I tried measuring my roots the best I could and it appears that I have a little over 1/2 inch of root. It seems like my hair is looking more scraggly. I am trying to curl it to keep it looking so scraggly. I cannot wait till my sides are chin length. 4 inches to go. I just hope I will have lots of growth by my bday in Feb
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 4:17am
I have my fingers crossed for u natorade for growth by ur bday. I think the cap and curling are both great ways to keep ur hair looking good until its longer. idk if i asked this but did u think of wigs until that?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 6:00pm
Originally posted by Pburgh56 Pburgh56 wrote:

I have my fingers crossed for u natorade for growth by ur bday. I think the cap and curling are both great ways to keep ur hair looking good until its longer. idk if i asked this but did u think of wigs until that?
I am actually going to go this week and look at some wigs. I feel weird though wearing a wig. I feel like everyone will know I am wearing one.
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 10:33pm
I got a job!!! I am so excited. I will be working as a cooktail server. I start tomorrow at 6pm. Hopefully the stress of not having a job will help me with my hair growth hehe. I still would like to find a wig though. I am going to go on wednesday and look for one.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2009 at 11:31pm
congrats on the job and please dont feel weird about getting a wig. please post pics of whichever one u get :) Wigs are really genuine looking anymore and they look like real hair and can style them and put them up and everything. what length are u looking for? i think u should get a really long mid back length wig :)
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2009 at 8:38pm
This is the hairstyle I am shooting for when my hair grows out more hopefully I can acheive this without having to cut any of it. Hopefully my old layers will work for this cut. Then i will continue to grow my hair out to shoulder length.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2009 at 12:19am
wow I really like this style. I def think itll look good on u natorade :) how did the wing hunt go?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2009 at 11:50pm
I wish I could stop being so obssessed with my hair. I just hate it so much right now. Why can't it grow 4 inches over night. 4 lousy inches is all I am asking for. I have dreams almost every night about my hair. 6-8 months seems like so far away just to have my hair at chin length. Oct 17th I have something done with this horrid color or else i might end up shaving it all off. Thursday is the day to record my growth and post a pic hope i won't be too dissapointed.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 14 2009 at 9:04am
Awwwwww i hope ur not disapointed either :( Im rooting for u. whatever u do please dont shave it off :( Some hair is better than no hair and ur growth will def come in time :)
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 15 2009 at 6:53am
Hi natorade.  I just read your whole thread and let me say, you been through the wringer with your poor hair. 

I know you want it to grow fast but it just won't.  That's hair for ya.  The only way you are going to get through this is by having a lot of patience which I can see you don't have.   It's very important so try to find it from deep inside. Wink 

I know what you're going through. 

May I suggest to you to stop all heat styling tools.  They will not help you at all and that includes a curling iron and flat iron.  If you use a blow dryer, only use it when you do conditioning pacs for deep conditioning and nothing for styling.  Just let it go!

You will never be able to repair your damaged hair and ends.  It's so sad, I know.  The best thing for you to do, if you can stand to do it is to get rid of all that damage by cutting it off and accepting your mistake and never doing it again.  Sometimes, you have to take quality over quantity.   I know it's not what you want to do but sometimes, you have to do what you have to do and know when you've been defeated and start all over.  It will be shocking at first but as your hair grows and feels more like hair, I think you will be able to find some satisfaction in seeing all that healthy virgin hair than looking at all that orangish damaged hair.  It's like a big open wound every time you look at it...   You look to be nice and skinny and although I can't see the shape of your face, you may be able to rock out a pixie cut really well.

I can't tell you what to do but you have to do what makes you happy and your post don't seem happy to me other than you getting a job so I'd like to congratulate you on that!  

Good luck with your hair.  Have patience.
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 2:26pm
Well, today is 5 weeks since the fatal hair cut. I just measured my regrowth and I gained 3/4 inch of new growth. Wish I could have gotten an inch but I will just have to settle with the 3/4. So I flat ironed my hair today for the first time in a while and I can tell it has grown. I am definately in the awkward stage. My hair has no shape or style to it right now, but can't wear it in a ponytail either. I cannot wait till about 2 more months goes by, because that will hopefully mean I will be past more of the awkward stage. I do know one thing for sure, I will not be trying to wear my hair straight again till it grows out more and I can get it shaped. The condition of my hair is looking loads better though. It is getting more shine to it and looking and feeling more like hair and feeling softer. The only thing is the color is still way bad. Only 5 more weeks till I get it colored back to my natural color by then I will hopefully have over an inch of regrowth so the salon can see more of what my natural color is. I looked at wigs yesterday they were not so great. I want a lace front wig and no one sells them here where I live. I have noticed that my hair doesn't have as much of it's natural curl that it use to have. I hope it will come back. I miss my curls. Anyone have an idea as to why I don't have my curl anymore?
Addy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 5:16pm
natorade, your hair has been through hell and that is why you have no more curl left. Ouch

natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2009 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Addy Addy wrote:

natorade, your hair has been through hell and that is why you have no more curl left. Ouch

That's what I was thinking. I guess I will have to wait till all the bad hair grows out to get my curl back, Thanks goodness it is just the top part of my hair that has the worse damage and the top part of my hair seems to grow the fastest and the back. All my hair under the top portion of my hair is so nice and healthy.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 18 2009 at 8:24am
Congrats on the growth u received and as for ur question if u lost ur curl, u could always curl is using the curling iron or roller set?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2009 at 9:52pm
I seriously do not know if I am going to be able to take anymore of this horrid hair of mine. I swear lately I am staring to look like a wooly mammoth. My hair is so thick and so completely out of shape and out of control. I have layers and strands of hair that refuse to behave themselves. I know what my hair looks like and acts like "MEDUSSA".
    I use to be able to get away with wearing a headband but my hair is overtaking the headband like wild ivy. My top layers which I believe is what is called the canopy is growing faster then the bottom layers. I think that might be a good thing because it has the most damage, so if it continues to grow fast then I can keep cutting out the damage more often. I have about an inch of damage left  on my canopy.
    Now, the old orange roots of my hair is starting to blend in better with my new regrowth. Use to when I would wear a headband that would pull the front of my hair back you could really see orange. Now the orange is becoming less evident. I am so tired of people staring at my hair. I am so tired of my hair looking like an old wig that I bought at the thrift store. I just need this darn top layer gone. Only 4.5 weeks till i get my color fixed.
    I have to add that I am completely jealous of my mother. Less than 2 weeks ago she cut her bangs and messed them up. Her bangs looked like Jim Carey in Dumb and Dumber. Well, I was looking at her bangs and they are already at her eyebrows. Why was I not blessed with her hair growing genes?
natorade View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natorade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 02 2009 at 10:18pm
I have an appointment Oct 21st for a micro trim. I still have about an inch of damage left on the top layers of my hair especially my crown area. My top layers is almost covering the the whole back of my head. For some reason my canopy grows faster which is a good thing cause it is the part that still has the most damage. I was thinking of having th stylist weave my hair to help my roots blend better but I think I am going to try tral hard to wait a couple more months for the weave and see if I can get most of this damage cut out first. I have noticed that when I wear my hair back in the headband my hair doesn't look quite as orange. My new growth is making the orange blend better. I still hate the color of my hair but it has gotten alittle better. I just hate seeing all the dark roots it looks tacky. Guess I will see what the stylist says. Oct 13th will be my 2 month anniversary I am going to try and post some pics of the back. Yesterday was the first time that I actually though to myself that hair looks like it is growing. I was hoping to be at a chin length bob by Dec 30th when I leave for London but I think I am going to have to shoot for Feb for my birthday to have mjy chin length bob.
Pburgh56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pburgh56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2009 at 9:56am
A chin length bob is going to look really cute :) Anything new with the wigs?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic