Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Would this work?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
anabolina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabolina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Would this work?
    Posted: September 03 2009 at 8:38pm
So I'd sort of accepted my hair color until I went onto that taaz.com which is an awesome site, but it allowed me to try on some other colors and realize that, dude, cooler tones look much better on me.

Okay, so what's my hair been through?

Virgin hair is a 7N.

February: Dyed hair with ION 5R and it was really pretty.

Pic2.jpg%20picture%20by%20anabolina

March: But as it faded, I kinda liked the lighter color so I did the regrowth with 7RC and I may have done the whole head once with it. I wasn't paying much attention to it.

DSC01690.jpg%20picture%20by%20anabolina
*Sorry this picture is so big, how do you reduce its size without just uploading another one?

June: Bored and dissatisfied with life and tired of the upkeep already, I went used 30 developer and 7A on it and was reasonably happy with the result, but not using some sort of color remover on it meant I put unred on it every day and the red definitely showed through really quickly. I know, oops for real then.

DSC02046.jpg%20picture%20by%20anabolina

September: Now the orange is seriously showing through and I'm thinking I may need to do some serious color correcting. I tried some highlights to break it up last week and they actually took nicely. I also tried that Born Blonde toner and while it helped a little, it didn't really cut down any of the oranginess. On the bright side, I'm back in school and now unemployed so I don't have to worry about a boss saying something about my weird colored hair. My hair is fairly healthy despite the coloring. It's not dry or brittle so I reckon I can mess with it some more before it all falls out.

So the plan:

Use Ion Effective Care Treatment Tonight

Use Colorful Neutral Protein Filler from Sallys tomorrow.

Use Color Oops (since I have so much color build up, should I use it twice?) I've used color oops before on red hair  and I know my hair is going to be seriously orange afterward.

Use Wella Cream Lightener.

Use Colorful #3 Platinum Protein Color Filler

Use Biotera Reconstructing Conditioner

Wait until the next day and use BTZ Last Call Hair Masque

Two days later use Cholestrol conditioner and again the day before bleaching.

Wait til next week and repeat until my hair gets to a less orangy pale yellow stage than color hair with 7A and 10 developer.

Okay, so what do ya'll reckon. Will this cancel out the red well enough? Will this work? Thanks for any suggestions...Big%20smile
keetagirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keetagirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 23 2009 at 2:40pm
Wow!! You've done a lot!!  I'm not really sure where you want to go here.  Do you want to keep the red if you can improve the way it lasts between colorings or do you want to ditch the red completely?  Before you do anything and go through all those steps, we should have a few conversations back and forth.

I too was red for about 10 years and had an awful time getting the color to hold and not fade after a week.  I have since found out that I was using terribly inferior hair color.  I was using either a box color or the "professional" colors from Sally's. Both really, really, really, suck!!  If you want to keep the red, go to Killerstrands.com and download the Wella Koleston Perfect color chart.  You can order this superior professional (for real) color right on the website.  Any color that you buy from Sallly's, other than bleach, will suck.  It will kill your hair, the shine will die, and it will fade almost as fast as you put it on....this is REGARDLESS of which line you choose.  Sally's does not carry the real "professional" color regardless of what they or the bottles say.  The only exception is the bleach, which is pretty much standard, and the color removers.  If you want to bleach, you should use the oil version, which is much more gentle that the straight powder bleach.  If you want to switch colors completely, I've got experience with the removers too!  I once used a remover and then went to my salon where my stylist (who I discovered cannot color hair) used an ashy shade and then proceeded to put highlights in.  My hair was grey/green with platinum streaks......um....pretty.....not!!!!

Let me know what color you're trying to achieve.  I've gone from brown to auburn, to blond and back to auburn and now blond again.  I've bleached it, color removed it, toned it, fried it.  I will be glad to give you the benefit of my experiences in hair color so that you don't make some of the same mistakes and missteps that I did. So let me know....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic