Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
lordbodom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lordbodom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair help
    Posted: October 01 2009 at 1:35am
Ive got long hair and it has been really ticking me off lately. my hair is extremely dry and just a mess. any recomendations on what i can use or what i can do to help get it back in shape? heres a pic:

kekkosen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kekkosen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 18 2010 at 11:44am
Mine is even more dry and getting much more messy =\

The only suggestion I could suggest is to wash your hair less often but that might not be such an option if its hot.

Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2010 at 5:31am
Nice hair BTW.

I might suggest amping up your conditioning routine.  Your hair looks like it could use some additional moisture.  Are you washing with undiluted shampoo?  If so I would suggest switching to either a diluted shampoo program of 1 part shampoo to 8 parts lukewarm water mixed in a clean jug.

Or you might consider doing Conditioning Only (CO) wash from the tops of the ears down.

A good leave-in conditioning product (I like creams because they seem to penetrate better than sprays) will also help give you a silkier look.

How often are you deep conditioning?  I think all of these are options if you're not already doing them. 

If you are you may want to look at nutritional supplements such as Essential Fatty Oils which can definitely help soften hair from the inside out.

Hope that helps.  Thanks for sharing your photo.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic