Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help - Professional Hair Dressers!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
BluDiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help - Professional Hair Dressers!
    Posted: October 21 2009 at 12:46pm
Hi, how are we today? Im from the UK and I have been looking around for about a month now for a new hair straightener but there are sooo many models and brands out there, im confused which one to get. Could any of you Professional Hair Dressers help me, I greatly appreciate it. Smile

The type of hair straightener im looking for should have:

Tourmaline Plates
Adjustable Temperature Settings
Long Power Cord
Floating Plates
Fast Heat-up
Light Weight

Im looking for a professional hair straightener which the professionals "you" use daily in your salons and for everyday use, so is there any you can recommend.

My budget is £100

Thanks again and have a nice day.Smile

Edited by BluDiamond - October 21 2009 at 12:47pm
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2009 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by BluDiamond BluDiamond wrote:

Hi, how are we today? Im from the UK and I have been looking around for about a month now for a new hair straightener but there are sooo many models and brands out there, im confused which one to get. Could any of you Professional Hair Dressers help me, I greatly appreciate it. Smile

The type of hair straightener im looking for should have:

Tourmaline Plates
Adjustable Temperature Settings
Long Power Cord
Floating Plates
Fast Heat-up
Light Weight

Im looking for a professional hair straightener which the professionals "you" use daily in your salons and for everyday use, so is there any you can recommend.

My budget is £100

Thanks again and have a nice day.Smile

Hi,

You are right, there are so many possible choices it becomes difficult to figure out what is what.  While it's possible that everything on your wish list will be available in one model from one manufacturer, it's not guaranteed. 

In the US a lot of my friends who are professional hairdressers like the FHI heat and the CHI brands.  You might want to start with a brand and work backwards

If you can go to a beauty supply house where professional hair styling tools are sold you can also talk to the people working in the store and get their suggestions.

If you are OK with a consumer version vs professional you might look at Conair.  They have always been a leader in the latest technologies for all of the hot tools on the market. 

They may be marketed in the UK as Babyliss but they are also excellent.

Hope that helps.

Have a great day.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
BluDiamond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BluDiamond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2009 at 2:23pm
Hi, thanks for the helpful info. I have owned consumer brand hair straighteners but now I want to try the professional brands. Im thinking about getting a solia hair straightener, as i read they are awesome and at a reasonable price, I had decided of getting a sedu but read that they spend allot of money on there advertising, etc. So thats why its one of the most popular brands, and i read they are great hair straighteners and everyones likes them but....hmmmm. Sooo..

Im not quite sure which one to get, im trying to compare Solia with SCP (Salon Creative Pro).

Does anyone know which Solia hair straightener is best? for short and long hair, as there are different sizes and models.

And for SCP (Salon Creative Pro) hair straighteners, I had chosen this model Click here to view. Could you check the link and see if the hair straightener is any good in features, design etc.

Thanks, your help is greatly appreciated. Smile
elli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2010 at 3:27pm
Hi I have a friend hair dresser that uses the Conair hair straightener and she says its one of a kind and sells only at hair salons 
It has:

a) advanced ceramic plates that give an even distribution of heat troughout the hair
b) 3 M CORD
c) digital heat setting that goes to 430F
d) Floating flexable plates
e)Extremly light weighted

Edited by Karen Shelton - March 19 2010 at 9:54am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic