Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Diet Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
erik View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote erik Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diet Tips
    Posted: January 04 2010 at 5:11am
If you want to go for healthy Diet Tips, first you have know these dieting myths:

1. If I drastically cut calories, I'll lose weight faster.

When you take your caloric intake down too low, you are actually sending your body into "starvation mode". Your body wants to maintain your weight when it "thinks" you are starving; therefore, your metabolism will actually slow down and you may not lose weight.
2. The stricter the diet, the better it will work.

The stricter a diet is -- completely eliminating entire food groups; eating just one food (e.g. cabbage soup) -- the less effective it will be in the end. You'll get tired of the allowed food and when you feel really deprived, you're likely to call it quits altogether.
3. I should get rid of my favorite less-than-healthful foods.

By treating yourself to your old favorites now and again, you'll stay motivated and you'll be less likely to give in to a binge. Just make sure you get back on track after your treat. Moderation is the key to successful, long-term weight loss.
4. Eating late at night will cause me to gain weight.

All things considered, it doesn't really matter when you eat, only how many calories you eat and burn in a day. Whether you're eating in the morning or at midnight your body turns any extra calories into fat. In fact, eating a light snack -- like cheese and crackers -- before bed may help you sleep better.
5. I shouldn't eat between meals.

On the contrary, eating a small, healthful snack between meals will help keep your blood sugar at an even keel and keep your metabolism going strong. You'll also avoid getting too hungry so you don't over-eat at your next meal.
6. Fat is bad.

Everybody needs to include some fat in their diet. We need it; plus, it makes dishes more satisfying and palatable. Some fats are even good for you, like omega-3 fatty acids, which are found predominantly in fish and shellfish.
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2010 at 10:24am
Good tips.  Thanks.
michaelhoffman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote michaelhoffman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2010 at 2:51am

One can find out hundreds of diet tips on the internet. But the tips which you have shared here seems to be effective. I must admit these are the great tips. Thanks for sharing.

Edited by Karen Shelton - May 14 2010 at 9:01am
mickyjashuas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mickyjashuas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 1:27am
Some more Diet tips

* Drink plenty of water .
* You can often get very hungry at times, try drinking water to help manage hunger pains.
* Eat less. More often. You should try to avoid big and heavy meals.
* To avoid drinking soda and juices.
* Think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away.
* It is very beneficial as it contains fiber and fulfilling from the volume of food.
Luther Holl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Luther Holl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2010 at 8:02am
Well,some Tips are given below:
-Choose a place at home and the work you do all your meals. Make sure you are seated.
-Groceries only after eating. You will be less likely to buy foods impulsively - especially foods that you do not need.
-When you shop for groceries stick to your shopping list.
-Do not think because you are eating low fat foods low in calories you can eat anything you want.The calories still add and should be burned no matter what type of food you eat. Balance is the key.
-If you go to a restaurant, decide in advance what you will eat. Stick to it.
milerwark View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote milerwark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 10:45pm
It is also important to remember that your weight gradually be eliminated. Miracles overnight like some fad diets promise Do not expect. You eat almost every physiological process and the work is important. More relaxed atmosphere of your food, the easier it will stick to your diet.
Harry Donovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harry Donovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2011 at 7:31am
I hope you don't mind the intrusion, I just felt compelled to share my knowledge in the area. I have written several articles on proper nutrition, especially nutrition which primes the body for healthy hair.

Again, I don't mean the post links for no reason, I simply have a lot to share in this area, and didn't think it would be proper to start pasting entire articles to the thread lol.

Regards,
Harry Donovan

Edited by Harry Donovan - March 21 2011 at 8:54pm
I am a hair loss surviver!
Kirbie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kirbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2011 at 9:58pm
If you want to lose pounds in a healthy way you should follow this tips

• Don’t eat if you are not hungry – out of stress, habit, emotional need…
  • Avoid all sodas, especially diet sodas – empty calories and chemicals
  • Eat to live, don’t live to eat
  • Drink tea to burn fat
  • Avoid fast food, junk food, any food without nutrition

Edited by Kirbie - April 26 2011 at 10:33pm
chasmith0323 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chasmith0323 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2011 at 11:01pm
Diet and exercise, it's easy to say but very tough to do. Great tips. I'll definitely share this with my family and friends. Another tip from me is to think about what you can add to your diet, not what you should take away and I may start by focusing on getting the recommended 5-9 servings of fruits and vegetables each day. Wink
JasonSLindsey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasonSLindsey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 5:34am

One end of the most effective diet is to drink plenty of water. In fact, water is possibly the most important catalyst in losing weight and keeping off.You should eat five or six small meals a day at regular intervals of about 4-5 hours. This will help suppress appetite and increase your metabolism rate. If you are on a regimen of cardiovascular exercise can also increase fruit intake by drinking more smoothies after a workout.

rubertnrubert View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rubertnrubert Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 19 2011 at 11:41am
Diet Tips:
- Do more exercise.
- Keep walking.
- Do not eat more fatty and high calorie contained food.
- Drink more water.
- Do Yoga.
weioqwea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weioqwea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 27 2011 at 11:14pm
Diet tips are:

Eat always more fruits
Drink plenty of water
Eat balanced diet
Avoid smoking and alcohol
Drink always fruit juices
fairleyferandis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fairleyferandis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 29 2011 at 12:21am
Diet is the main part of your healthy and lasting lasting life.Always eat balanced diet.Green and Leafy vegetables are best for your health.go for the seasonal fruits.Drink plenty of water and Milk is also best for your health.Green Tea is best to control your weight and the healthy heart.
ryhangill View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ryhangill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 1:47am
Every person want to have good health and good health can only be achieve by having a healthy diet. Here are some of the effective diet tips are
- Eat healthy and fresh food
- Drink plenty of water
- Eat slower
- Keep body hydrated
- Concentrate while eating
jeniferose1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeniferose1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2011 at 2:19am
I suggest you diet tips with my experience that: drink more water, eat food less, eat fruits more and its juice, go for morning walk and do yogas which is good for your body.  
jablotron View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jablotron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 20 2011 at 1:17am
I suggest you diet tips with my experience that: drink more water, eat food less, eat fruits more and its juice, go for morning walk and do yogas which is good for your body.
shanwallan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shanwallan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 12:09pm
Healthy diet is well known, if you consider increasing energy, improving the way the body functions, you can perceive, a healthy diet actually build a batch of sense, allowing you to maximize your life.
ronnywarn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ronnywarn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2011 at 7:40am
Many studies and researches are suggested that diet is a mirror of good health. Try to eat less calorie and sugary foods. Do a regularly habit for walking after eating lunch or dinner.
edricstyras View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote edricstyras Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2012 at 11:13pm
Fresh fruits are always preferable to frozen, dried or canned fruits, because they are richer in nutrient. You will still feel extremely full by eating a bowl of fresh berries and non-fat yogurt but without the unnecessary calories.

jimmytailors View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jimmytailors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2012 at 9:18am
For the diabetic patient or for a fat person diet is most important to lose weight. In dieting plan rather than a fancy meal the person should have to cut diet meal in a small part. Do not go to bed after eating the food.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic