Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Can I go short? (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dmorrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmorrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can I go short? (pics)
    Posted: January 05 2010 at 3:36pm
I would like to cut my hair very short (practical reasons. My job and hobbies simply are not suitable for long hair) but I dont know if I could pull it off. I hear it has a lot to do with face shape, height, weight, etc. I am 5'7, in good shape, and here are a few pictures of my face..

http://i50.tinypic.com/11ty8w2.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/ops8xd.jpg

http://i47.tinypic.com/206deeb.jpg

Here is the type of hair i'm thinking about (just the cuts, not the color, I dont plan on dying my hair)

http://i47.tinypic.com/25f5afc.jpg

http://i46.tinypic.com/w2hdva.jpg

Does anyone have any suggestions on what would suit me? I'm looking for something low maintainence.. my hair is going to be crammed under a motorcycle helmet, exposed to the elements in year-round canadian weather at work, and its also going to need to endure martial arts classes and the gym .. but it also needs to look appropriate for municipal court and uniformed duty ...  

Edited by dmorrell - January 05 2010 at 3:42pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2010 at 7:40pm
Of course you can go short; you have an oval face and great features.  You could do just about anything.

HAWG
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 05 2010 at 8:52pm
I also think you can go short but personally I think you would look best if it was a "long pixie" cut.  More like the last pic that HAWG put up.  Something you can wear behind your ears or in front, can make it smooth or "wild".  I'm afraid if you go super short you might end up looking really young.
Good luck, send us a pic if you cut it.
Thanks
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 10:14am
I agree with Loveshorthair. The last one would look very good on you and be very versatile.

You are very attractive BTW.
dmorrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmorrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 11:07am
thank you very much for the comments/compliments guys :-D I will give pictures when I've cut it
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2010 at 6:44pm
Sounds like you have already made up your mind to go for it, but just let me add that I agree with what every one else has said.  You definitely will be able to carry off a short style.  Please do share pics when you cut it.

Welcome to the forum!
dmorrell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dmorrell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 4:14pm
Well, I've done it! I donated a 10inch ponytail (well, two of them) to the Canadian Cancer Society.

Here's the result.

I like it a lot, but I'd like the back to cut so that it tapers towards the center in more of a V shape (problem is I have babyhair)

Thanks for all the advice/support :)

Edited by dmorrell - February 15 2010 at 4:15pm
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 4:27pm
Very cute on you! Congrats and thanks for the update! Enjoy!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
HairStyleDiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HairStyleDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 4:31pm
looks good
Go for it change is good, Hair grows back.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 6:39pm
Thumbs%20UpThumbs%20UpThumbs%20Up  Looks great!  I like the back the way it is!

Edited by makeitshort - February 15 2010 at 6:41pm
Rachelimarie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rachelimarie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 8:56pm
I can not believe you did it! It looks great. I must admit I could never do it.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 15 2010 at 9:20pm
It looks awesome! Great choice; hope you enjoy it.
HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 10:12am
Very nice! This style compliments your face.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2010 at 12:42pm
     I'm a long hair devotee, and I think that yours looked terrific, but I think the new cut looks fine with your cute face. Bob Smile
Heratic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heratic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2010 at 12:21am
Congratulations it looks fantastic :)
Its your hair, your choice and your decision
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2010 at 8:56am
I must compliment you on your new style. Fantastic. I hope you plan to keep it for a while. If so the next trim i would have the bottom nape area a tad tighter. It looks nice as it is. I am sure you have received many of great compliments and then those who asked why. Looks great. Nice choice.
Mike b
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 9:06pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

Smile

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic