Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - blonde, brown, allergy, red then blue. oh sigh.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

blonde, brown, allergy, red then blue. oh sigh.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sunnygt View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sunnygt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: blonde, brown, allergy, red then blue. oh sigh.
    Posted: January 14 2010 at 12:25pm
So... I'm a year into this hair debacle.

I'll give you all the short story.

Naturally a dirty blonde. Started modeling. They wanted me to have dark hair so I started coloring it super dark. It looked amazing and I loved it. I developed an allergy to PPD and was in the hospital and took 3 weeks to fully recover. Well.... the blonde roots started to show due to my not coloring. A friend suggested henna. It did just OK and I wasn't very impressed with the tone nor the texture of my hair after using it. Enter unnamed hairstylist. I tell her everything that is on my head and my history. She tries to do some color correcting... hair turns GREEN. Oh goodie. So she dyes it this interesting shade of Red/purple. Well, I can't go to castings like that. Enter second unnamed stylist. Again, I tell her everything that is on my head. She applies some sort of color remover. Outcome? Green + brown + grey + blue. EXCELLENT! So she then colors my hair w/ a "natural" hair color. My hair is then brown with shades of blue. Again, I can't go to castings like this and.... I have a reaction to the "natural" color.

So here I am. Sitting in bed with blue brown hair. Any thoughts? hopes? hugs?
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2010 at 6:52pm
From the sounds of it, about all you have left is to cut it super short and keep it that way. So sorry you've gone through all that agony.
Smilingviolet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smilingviolet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 7:02pm
Sweetheart, u are going to obviously the wrong stylist, there are LOTS of products out there that have different chemicals in them call around and ask for a salon that has Alfaparf hair color, and with that color line they train all there colorist very well... trust me, i am one, that line is all natural and has soo many botanicals in them its amazing, but yes get someone working with alfaparf and u will be set the color wear 7.32 is what i have on my hair and i had previously had a bad experiance trusting someone i barley knew but had been doing hair for 10 years to do my hair... i quickly found a place that sold alfaparf and fixed my hair myself its a color line that is changing the hair world i know its all over cali and new york and im in kansas and just found it here... (used it all the time in cali and fell in love but out here no one had even herd of it... untill now) but if u can find that ur golden good luck
~Violet a great Stylist in Kansas originally from California! and im here for you!
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2010 at 1:26am
Hug Hugs! So sorry to hear about your hair! I recently buzzed mine to about a half inch all over cuz mine was messed up from coloring too,so I know how you feel.I've been wearing wigs until it grows out more.

Everything I have heard is that you shouldn't mix henna with regular dyes...I'm not sure if that is true or not cuz I have never tried henna.That is terrible to be allergic to dyes.How is your hair now? Is it still blue?

Edited to add that new dye sounds great smilingviolet.Do you have any links about it?

Edited by JillV - February 26 2010 at 1:28am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic