Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair cut from hell

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
eliciabeth015 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eliciabeth015 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair cut from hell
    Posted: February 17 2010 at 10:07pm
The first time i had a horrible hair experience was the summer after i graduated from high school. I had long blonde wavy hair  that was just past my bra strap and i was extremly confident with myself at this point in my life. I went to the hair dressers to get a TRIM and the guy hairdresser thought he was hardcore coming straight out of the paul mitchell school and told me i should get low lights to seperate the blondes in my hair. STUPID me, i agreed. THEN after he put what i thought was low lights in my hair, he told me i should get the victorai beckham cut because it would look good. I said hell no, i just want a trim..When all was said and done, the back of my hair was an INCH away from the scalp.AN INCH!!! and my hair was DARK brown with blonde highlights!!!!!! It looks absolutley awful...I got my hair dyed back to blonde, which turned orange and it completley dried out my hair after all the treatments i had to get and haircuts to fix it while it grew out i spent a fortune...The year after all this happened i cried almost every time i looked at pictures of myself or got ready in the morning. Recently my hair was like 4 inches past my bra strap and my natural color of light brown.. i loved my hair, but wanted to be able to wear it down at work. the lady butchered my hair. I have uneven layers in the back of my head and my hair is an inch above my shoulders. Not at all wat i wanted...here we go again:-(
Elicia <<-<3->
steelergirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steelergirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2011 at 11:55am
I SOOOOO had a similar experience.  My husband and I had recently gotten married (it was approx 1986) when BIG hair was the style.  I had very long hair and it was always in it's big AquaNet style.  My husband LOVED my hair long (back then), we were at the mall and he was looking in sporting good stores and music shops etc.  I said, I am going to run in this salon and get my hair trimmed and shaped up while you shop for your guy stuff. 
I go in the salon and a foreign woman is assigned to me as my stylist.  I tell her that I wanted an inch or two off my hair all over and shaped up with layers and such. 
She turns the chair around from the mirror and tells me that is what she prefers to do because she has some "signature" styles that the clients love to be surprised with.  I am like "cool".....
As she is cutting, I never see much hair falling on the cape to determine how much is coming off and most of the hair is being held away from my back while being cut.  She turns my chair around and I have a haircut that was about an inch below my neckline. 
I got sooooo mad and started to cry uncontrollably.  My hair looked good on me but HOW was I going to have big hair with short hair?? 
I didn't have to pay for my haircut because the manager was upset that I was crying.

I now have to roam the mall and find my new husband who is NOT expecting to see me with short hair.  He hugged me and told me I was beautiful and that he liked it (he really did).

Now...flash forward to 2011....see my latest post on the Short Hair blog.  YIKES.  I now have a stylist that wont cut my darn hair short !!!!  (pics posted)
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2012 at 1:43pm
I to had a bad day when I went to someone other than my normal hair stylists. I should of listen to my instincts but I feel for a young lady's talk about how I would look cute with a certain hair style. Goodness, I looked like a french poodle when she was done. It didn't match my face roundness and it looked as if someone threw sprinkles in my hair. I learn my lesson. Stick with what you know works. 
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 1:46pm

You can’t trust some hair dressers; I don’t understand why they always feel the need to go crazy with the scissors! This happened to my mom recently, she went in for a cut to get rid of the ends that were damaged and they almost cut all her hair off....I don’t trust most hair dressers to be honest, it’s like they are just waiting for someone with long beautiful hair to walk in so they can practice using their scissors.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic