Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Starting All Over!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Starting All Over!!!
    Posted: February 24 2010 at 9:18am

Tongue

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:10pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 25 2010 at 9:40am
Ouch

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 9:26am
Cry

starlett View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starlett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2010 at 1:03pm
It sounds reputable. Another good ingredient would be neem, karanja, and MSM (a form of sulfur)

Check out:
http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=13&category=5

http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=20&category=8

http://hairbymother.com/page15.php?view=productPage&product=12&category=5

Also, gently massage the scalp twice a day. Make sure that the scalp can "breathe".

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2010 at 1:45am
Smile

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:11pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2010 at 1:20am

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 03 2010 at 7:23am

shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2010 at 6:31am
looks cute! get some styling products and have some fun!
suicides_eve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suicides_eve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2010 at 8:14pm
Hi! drunk Welcome to the club!

Sorry for the late post, but my home life keeps me pretty busy these days.
It great for you to start a journal! I've been doing mine for 2 years and love looking back at was i was and how far I have come to my goals.

Looking forward to seeing more of your journal entries

Suicides Eve

A great thing to think about is 1"= one month. So if your wanting to gain lets say 3" of hair your looking at growing for 3 months give or take. This has really helped me through rough times.

Monistat is great for hair growth I have created a page and several videos on using it. Check out  TheLongHairCommunity and search it for more info they have a thread that is well past 60 pages.
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 5:08am

smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2010 at 5:59pm
The BEST part about where you are now is, you can learn healthy methods of taking care of your hair so it can be really pretty as it gets longer!  YAY!!  You've already grown quite a bit and you are coming up on a fun pixie length.  I agree to buy some products for short hair and have fun with it.  Spike it up - make it funky - sometimes I miss those days. 

Feel free to peek at my journal as well.  I've been growing a pixie out - will be 2 yrs July '10.  I'm just now beginning to like my hair again, so it's a long process and you must have patience.

To answer one of your questions.  The back will 'appear' to look longer than the rest because of how close it is to the nape of your neck.  I chose to trim along the way to avoid the mullet look but not everyone trims.  I found it helped me stay focused on my goals and not get so discouraged that I just wanted to chop ALL of it off again.  That will be something you have to decide as you go.  Try to work in small goals - that also seemed to help me. 

Good luck in your journey!

Edit***  Oh and your puppy is sooo freakin' adorable!!! Awww

Edited by smilinjenn71 - March 07 2010 at 6:01pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2010 at 2:58am
Hi smilinjenn71! I did have a look at your hair journal and you have very nice hair too...
I may be like you and trim along the way.I'm not sure I can deal with a mullet
saddam
Thank you for the puppy compliment.He's got me up in the middle of the night just like a baby doing the potty training thing (can't hold it more then an hour or so yet)

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2010 at 1:32pm

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:12pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2010 at 10:50am

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2010 at 5:58pm

JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2010 at 2:34pm

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:13pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2010 at 6:18pm

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:13pm
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 1:43am

Edited by JillV - May 07 2010 at 6:14pm
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 23 2010 at 6:17am
Yes, you can never take your health for granted. Positive thinking always equals positive results. Take care of yourself
JillV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JillV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2010 at 2:26am
Thanks shortvslongSmile

I'm convinced my thyroid,weight and kidney issues were caused by the supplement Melatonin.I know it sounds crazy...but I have been doing all this research.
Melatonin supplements can lower your blood pressure.In someone like me,who already had relatively pretty low blood pressure,it can negatively effect the kidneys and cause them not to function properly,leading to a build up of fluid and creatinine.This would explain the almost overnight weight increase I had as my body was filled with fluids could not get rid of.

Melatonin also can LOWER T3 and T4! (thyroid hormones) Which explains the hypothyroid.
Melatonin can RAISE cholesterol!
Melatonin is banned in certain countries because it is a HORMONE.The US markets it as a safe sleep aid,but it is NOT regulated by the FDA.
Even sites that promote it say it should not be used long term,and I was using it for MONTHS.

I have lost 13 pounds.While I will attribute some of that to prozac,I honestly think my kidneys are just going back to normal since I'm no longer using Melatonin and I'm peeing out all the fluid I was holding onto!

I cannot believe I caused this myself by using something over the counter that I thought was safe.
The real question is,maybe I will not even need this thyroid hormone my whole life.Maybe my levels will gradually go back to normal being off the melatonin.Maybe my kidneys are not permanently injured and the creatinine levels will go down as well!

I plan to get a full scale of bloodwork again in another month or so to see if my levels have gone down.
I'm only posting all these issues here to hopefully warn anyone who may be taking Melatonin who maybe has/had symptoms like me.

Here are some links to back up my theories:
http://www.enotalone.com/article/9351.html

http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/119441116/abstract?CRETRY=1&SRETRY=0

http://www.livestrong.com/article/95733-side-effects-melatonin/

***melatonin AND hypothyroid can make you very depressed,so this also explains why I felt so bad and crazy.Honestly,shaving my head is NOT something I would have done otherwise.
It feels good to know that I was not crazy after all.That all my symptoms were not in my head.
Between being on Prozac for almost 3 weeks and starting my thyroid hormone,I'm like a different person! I feel GOOD again and have energy!
It's like a fog has been lifted.

Edited by JillV - April 26 2010 at 2:35am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic