Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Lipstick Tinted Teeth

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Unregistered Guest View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unregistered Guest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lipstick Tinted Teeth
    Posted: May 23 2010 at 5:54pm
I always wondered why red lipstick seemed to get on my teeth more than any other color.  I just read in Cosmo that "red shades can be packed with three times more pigment than paler shades." 

So it's not necessarily that red lipstick is more prone to getting on my teeth, it's just that it's much more noticeable than pink, nude or white. 

I also read this trick to prevent lipstick stains on teeth:

1.  Apply lipstick and then blot.
2.  Rub one end of a cotton swab across teeth to remove any slight trace of pigment no matter how slight.
3.  Rotate the end of the cotton swab and then dip into Vaseline and slightly rub over front teeth to prevent lipstick from transferring from lips to the teeth.
4.  Use tissue to blot any extra Vaseline from teeth.

I found these tips helpful BUT I hate the taste of the Vasline on my teeth.  Yes, it makes my lips glide over my teeth easily but I hate the taste.

I am currently experiment with coconut oil instead which tastes better.  So far so good. 

Has anyone tried this tick and if you have, do you have any suggestions on things to rub on your teeth that is better than Vaseline?

Don't beauty contestants use this trick?

Are there any red lipsticks which are less likely to stain?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.  I love my red lipstick and hate those teeth stains.  My guy always seems to be the first to notice and then it's all over.  He teases me.

Plus it just looks messy.  Right?
Deloris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deloris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 7:41am
Thanks for sharing these nice tricks for preventing lipstick stains on teeth.
tiatessman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiatessman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2010 at 4:05am
I love lipsticks so that’s why I have a huge collection of my favorite ones, this one included. First of all, I love the rich hues of this lipstick; it flatters my lips. I bought the earth tone colors that matched my complexion. My favorite is the reddish brown ... Blooming Lovely Lipstick is a super-opaque, cool shade of lilac.  English Accents Tinted Lipglass is a sheer, cool shade of pink.  Stand alone, they’re lovely.  Paired up?  They positively POP!  Scroll down for swatches.

Edited by tiatessman - July 01 2010 at 4:06am
boconnor View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boconnor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2012 at 2:15pm
I don't usually wear lipstick but instead opt for a pigmented gloss. Have you tried a gloss in a bold red shade? It seems to stay put better.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2012 at 1:23am

I have never really had problems with my lipstick getting on my teeth maybe you should try a lip primer, they help smooth out your lips but they also help keep you lipstick in place, that way you may not have to put anything directly on your teeth.

I love lipsticks that are creamy because they don`t make your lips dry, or cause cracks and feel terrible! If I do wear drier lipsticks I either apply a bit of my EOS lip balm underneath to moisturize my lips or I use a similar color gloss over top. I also find that if you gently exfoliate your lips when you do your face it can help keep your lips from drying out and peeling in the cooler months. I also always wear a nice coat of lip balm at night so I wake up with soft lips; there is nothing worse than lipstick on peeling chapped lips!

I have been loving bright colors for summer such as pinks, purple pinks, corals, reds ect. I mix and match them with different makeup looks.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic