Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How did you dye virgin russian ponies?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Candisp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Candisp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How did you dye virgin russian ponies?
    Posted: May 25 2010 at 3:28pm
Ok, so I ordered two 2 oz. Virgin Russian Ponies from www.xxxxxxxxxxx.net. I'm a naturally light to medium goldend bonde. I have some pretty platinum highlights throughout the top :)

I sent an email to xxxxxxxxxxx.net to send me the lightest color in their inventory as I would have to be lightening them further. I haven't gotten them yet (arriving today thought, yah!), but I expect them to be a light brown color. I try to post a pic after they arrive :)

My question for you girls is that how do I go about dyeing them since they are loose strands? I've dyed wefts before which was super easy.

I was thinking about dividing the two 2 oz. ponies into like 10 or 12 smaller ponies, and dyeing those while keeping a smaller plastic band around them to keep them all the hair aligned and untangled.

Good idea? No? How did you all do it??

Also, any good products that you could recommend to lighten the hair with? I've used Loreal' products (bought in a beauty supply, not in a box) It seemed to work pretty well, but if you have a better more gentle product I'm ALL ears!!

THANKS girls!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic