Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair product for fine hair?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
sondeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sondeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair product for fine hair?
    Posted: May 30 2010 at 4:53am
I'm a guy with baby fine hair, pin straight around 2-3inches long. I just need somethign that will keep my hair fully up. I've tried tonnes of product and all have weighed down my hair. Im half filipino and half kiwi. But sadly i got my dads hair :( Please help me!something like that

Edited by sondeleb - May 30 2010 at 4:55am
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 06 2010 at 9:13am

The picture looks like you're doing a good job of keeping it up.  Maybe if you go about 1/2 inch shorter and try a good root lifter product like Kenra Root Lift.  I also like Crew Fiber paste.  And Kenra 25 hairspray.  It is very difficult to get fine hair to stand up.  But those products have worked best for me.  I have heard a lot of discussion of using the dry shampoos at the roots of your hair to make it stand up.  I haven't tried it yet but might be worth looking for one.  Good luck.

"It is better to look marvelous than to feel marvelous" Billy Crystal
HAIRpros View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAIRpros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 4:31pm
Hey I saw this guy on YouTube, he has a great technique for adding volume to guys hair. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hK0VrMJ8qVU. Good luck buddy. :)
sondeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sondeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 5:51pm
oh i forgot to add, that the picture isn't me, it's a desired hairstyle lol
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2010 at 11:19pm
Wow, that is a great video.  I think I wll try that scrunching technique.

I think he is wearing lipstck though!  LOL

Edited by demodoll - October 21 2010 at 11:20pm
sondeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sondeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 3:55am
yeh i have gatsby, and have tried the scrunching technique, it does give volume, but it goes flat not long after :(
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 22 2010 at 8:26am
Use Kenra 25 hairspray.  Pull the layers up with your fingers and spritz underneath at the roots.  It won't go flat. Be sure to use the aerosol version though.
sondeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sondeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 6:35am
where could i find kenra 25 hairspray?  how long is your hair roughly?
and does it only work with kenra hairspray or can you use any other volumizing hairspray?

Edited by sondeleb - October 24 2010 at 6:42am
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 24 2010 at 4:16pm
You can buy Kenra 25 on the internet.  Just google it for the best price.  Or at many salons or at Trade Secret at the mall.  Make sure that you get the 25.  They have other strengths both higher and lower but I don't like them.  The 25 wins lots of awards.

My hair is about three inches at the longest and that is in front.  It is about 2 inches everywhere else. 

Nothing works for me like Kenra 25.  It isn't cheap though.  A big can is about $22.  They usually sell small, airport security sized cans for about $5.00.  If you can find one of those try it first to see if you like it.  Everyone is different but that is the best hairspray I have ever used.
sondeleb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sondeleb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 6:50am
can u please post a pic of your hair thnx when it's styled. and btw are you a female or a male?
demodoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demodoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 26 2010 at 6:52am
I am a female.  I haven't been able to post pictures here.  I think it may be due to the VPN I connect through.  It has a lot of firewalls.  My hair is kind of like Sharon Stone's when she was wearing it very short and messy.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic