Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Curly Hair Care Tips

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
yellow.green View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yellow.green Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Curly Hair Care Tips
    Posted: June 15 2010 at 11:58am

Curly Hair Care Tips
Limit shampooing your hair to no more than twice a week., shampooing strips your hair of its natural oils.

Use a conditioner every time after you shampoo to re-moisturize your hair.

Use a leave-in conditioner on your hair daily or every other day.

Use a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically geared towards curly hair.

Avoid using narrow toothed combs and brushes, use wide-toothed combs instead which has less of a tendency to cause breakage and frizzing.

To detangle your hair, in the shower start with your hair moist and conditioned (which will protect it from breakage), use your fingers to begin the untangling then finish with a wide toothed comb starting from the end going up finishing at the root of the hair. Then rinse your head with water and try to retain half of the conditioner in your hair. If you try to detangle your hair when it's dry, you will cause it to frizz.

Let your hair aid dry to reduce frizzing, avoid brushing and using a towel to dry your hair. If you need to your hair to dry quickly, blot your hair with a towel, but do not rub it.

Deep condition your hair once a month or more to re-moisturize your scalp and hair.

Use a small amount of styling product with moisturizing ingredient(s) in it to keep your hair from frizzing when your hair is still slightly moist and gently style with your finger. Apply the styling one section so that it is equally distributed.

Avoid playing with your hair or touching it as much as possible, the more friction that occurs on your hair will cause it to tangle and/or frizz.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 09 2011 at 6:48am
jasikazenith View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasikazenith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 19 2010 at 1:05am
Curly hair is different from a other hair,and it looks a in a growth you must care it ,for curly hair is to get scalp massages every two days,you massage with oil and deep conditioning is a best for your hair, curly hair can be prone to lacking moisture and protein ,make sure to keep enough of these in your hair! Coconut oil is helpful for replenishing moisture,and you sleep on satin,this way you care your curly hair.
watkins View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote watkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2010 at 2:15am
Use a small amount of styling products with moisturizing ingredien in which to keep your hair curls when your hair is still wet and soft finger style. Apply the style of a section for well blended.

Edited by watkins - September 13 2010 at 2:16am
Deloris1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Deloris1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2010 at 6:48am
I have curly hair, so I shampoo my hair twice a week and apply a leave-in conditioner daily. I always use wide toothed comb to make them tangle free.
s7c2b0 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s7c2b0 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 27 2010 at 8:24pm

I have really curly hair and it definitely helped when I stopped washing it everyday.  I like to wear my hair straight but I try to use a blow dryer more than a striaghtner so it feels softer.

halieyroger View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote halieyroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 26 2010 at 1:14am
Curly hair growth can be done by using a shampoo, use one that suits your hair type for example if you have dry curly hair, do not use a shampoo for oily hair. Do do hot oil treatment can make your hair feel softer. If you do not know what to use to then go to your local beauty salon and ask their advice. If you want to colour to your then use only henna color because henna colours are natural which doesn't have any side-effects.

Edited by halieyroger - November 26 2010 at 1:16am
gregory View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gregory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2011 at 1:51am
Avoid washing your hair every day. The natural oil that keeps the hair healthy and shiny and smooth. It is also worth re-spray your curls in the day if your curls are flat. After taking a bath, also want to use a conditioner to combat hair damage. However, using a heavy conditioner can make your curls so you might consider a light conditioner.

PPI
manzisofia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote manzisofia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 12:25am
Curly hair tends be dryer, more brittle and prone to frizzing, so it requires more care than straight hair. Limit shampooing your hair to no more than twice a week., shampooing strips your hair of its natural oils. Avoid playing with your hair or touching it as much as possible, the more friction that occurs on your hair will cause it to tangle and/or frizz. Use gel, mousse, and ouchless hair bands to tame and style hair. Avoid excessive use of heat tools and use oils such as jojoba. So you can get good result. Thanks for sharing.

suprax125 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote suprax125 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2011 at 9:14am
Curly hair can be challenging, but it is great to have when you get the hang of how to care for it.

Smile

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 09 2011 at 6:49am
imuniq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imuniq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 1:20am
Wow grate tips really effective i have also a curly hair .. now i will do all these think . i don't know how to care my hair thanks for suggest me 
danielcraigsupe View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote danielcraigsupe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 12:39pm
I really curly hair, it will definitely help when I wash it everyday.Curly hair stop growing, you can use the shampoo is complete, use the one that suits your hair type, for example, if you have dry hair, do not use oil shampoo hair. Do not do hot oil treatment can make your hair feel softer.
georgebush830 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georgebush830 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2011 at 1:22pm
I have really curly hair and it definitely helped when I stopped washing it everyday.  I like to wear my hair straight but I try to use a blow dryer more than a straightener so it feels softer.
sophiasmith941 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sophiasmith941 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 10 2011 at 3:25am
Hi..Its really very difficult to take care of curly hairs..I am hairs are also curly and facing the problem of roughness and dull..Thanks a lot for tips..I am going to try your tips..
EddieChatwin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EddieChatwin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 06 2011 at 2:34pm
Try using a shampoo for naturally thick and curly hair. Comb conditioner through hair in the shower, Don't shampoo every day, Use styling products suited for your hair type, Use a curl creme, as these help to moisturize the hair.
elevate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elevate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 12:27am
Curly hair always demands good care & protection as it is prone to serious hair damages if not maintained properly. It can become dry, brittle and lose its natural shine and beauty than any other type if not cared in the proper way. Excessive shampooing can make it even more dry & frizzy as all the natural moisture and oils are depleted with frequently shampooing. It can be also lead to stripping and damaging cuticles. It is therefore recommended not to subject your hair to the process of shampooing more than two times a week. But cleaning off its dirt and oily accumulations once or twice a week is necessary to keep the hair healthy and clean. Since clean scalp is necessary for healthy hair, shampooing with good conditioner for regular intervals is important. Using a moisture rich leave-in conditioner along with shampooing is highly important for retaining the correct moisture level. You will get shampoo &  conditioners specially formulated for curly hair. For curly hair, do not use a narrow toothed comb as it can break the hair easily or make it frizzy.
ijessica View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ijessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 6:47am
Good tips. Thank you.  I think a lot of people don't understand the importance of keeping curly hair clean but not overly clean.
Jnelson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jnelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 30 2011 at 4:00pm
Thanks for the tips. All the tips are very helpful.
kiteright View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kiteright Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 07 2011 at 7:28am
Massage with oil and deep conditioning is the best for your hair, curly hair can easily lack of moisture and protein, be sure to keep enough of these in your hair! Coconut oil is beneficial to add water, and you sleep on satin.
yes-c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yes-c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 09 2011 at 3:06am
I want curly hair, but do not know how to care, see this post flattered, thanksHeart
piggyhilson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote piggyhilson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2011 at 11:37pm
Curly Hair, to care with shampoo wash regular with hot water. Dry with napkin. Use dry machine.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic