Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

buzzed back weight line

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: buzzed back weight line
    Posted: July 02 2010 at 3:42pm

Are hairstyles with the buzzed back and weight lines starting to make a comeback?  I have seen a few people with this cut in the last few weeks. I asked my stylis yesterday and she said she had been asked to do a couple cuts like that. I use to wear my hair buzzed with a weight line and a curly perm when it was in style.

HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 7:08pm
God I hope so; I love that haircut.
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 7:15pm
I think my wife gets the same cut that you are talking about, there is a very straight weight line from the tops of her ears straight across, and the hair below is clippered to 1/4" with a #2 clipper guard. You can see several pics of her here on the short hair board under the topic "mushroom cut". As far as it being in style, I don't know, you don't see it very often, but it is more common now than in the recent past. It really is a breath-taking style, actually it is my all time favorite haircut, I guess that I'm pretty lucky to have a wife that likes short hair too. If you get your hair cut make sure to post a pic.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 9:08pm
Originally posted by Stacybaby Stacybaby wrote:

Are hairstyles with the buzzed back and weight lines starting to make a comeback?  I have seen a few people with this cut in the last few weeks. I asked my stylis yesterday and she said she had been asked to do a couple cuts like that. I use to wear my hair buzzed with a weight line and a curly perm when it was in style.

I hope so too!  And I absolutely love the style you used to wear!  Very, very hot then & now.
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 02 2010 at 11:02pm
I also loved the style, it was cut just like the picture you posted xxzvp. I kept it just like that for a long time, when I started to get tired of it my stylist suggested to keep the back buzzed and get a perm. Now my hair is cut into a chin length bob but have been thinking of cutting it short. Does you wife still have this cut?
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 5:08am
Yes, she is still wearing this style. She first tried it out two years ago, and could not grow it out fast enough. Then about six months ago she tried it again, and has been wearing it ever since, with a trim about every four to six weeks. The first two times our stylist cut it it was perfect, there was a very blunt weight line from the tops of the ears straight across, and she shaved the hairline at the nape straight. The last couple of trims the weight line has been getting lower and she has been rounding the hairline, I like how she did it the first time. Just my preference. I think this style may be making a comeback, besides my wife I have seen it on three other women, and  there seems to be a lot of intrest in her cut. She is always getting questions about her hair, and who cuts it. Give it a try, I'm sure it will look great.
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 3:33pm

I did love the feeling and easy care when I had  the mushroom cut a few years ago. I have got a few good  ideas for some short styles on this site.Still not sure what I want to do with my hair yet but im leaning toward going short or  getting a perm and keeping it long. I could go short with a perm like I use to have. I loved how my hair was pretty much wash and go when the back was buzzed with a curly perm on top. The more I keep thinking about it I may be going short and curly. Does anyone have any thoughts about it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 8:50pm
Stacy, since this is the short hair forum, there is obviously a bias towards short hair.  As I said before I love the style you used to have, so I would definitely vote for something in that direction.

Someone posted this link recently(?):
http://www.hairxstatic.com/styles/menu.php

Lots of really great short styles, although not a lot really curly.

Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 10:23pm
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 03 2010 at 10:27pm

Hey makeitshort this is this just like the cut I had but the top was shorter and curly. This is what I was trying to describe.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2010 at 12:14am
Holy crap!  That is an absolutely amazing style!  I love everything about it!  Guess it's obvious that I think you should go for it.  If you do & feel okay posting pics, I know we would love to see them.  At the least, keep us informed!  Good luck!!!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2010 at 4:50pm
That is an amazing haircut; I love it.
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 11:26am
Here are a few variations that I found online
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 1:04pm
No to the top two pictures they are a little to short. I had my hair cut like the last pics a few years ago.  I'm still leaning toward a short curly perm on top and short nape. Dont want to cut it so short. dont want to look like a boy with boobs. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 05 2010 at 2:19pm
LOL!  Stacy, since we haven't seen any pics of you we don't know for sure, but I doubt you would look like a boy with boobs! 

Whenever someone here asks if they should go short, I always tell them to go for it.  After all, it's only hair & will grow back.  You obviously liked you hair when it was like you described it, so you will probably like it again with a similar style.  And again that 80's style in the pic you posted is gorgeous & I have no trouble picturing it a little shorter & curlier & looking absolutely amazing!

Just do it!!!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2010 at 6:00am
That's a great style! (short and curly)
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2010 at 7:54pm
Going to get it cut on Sat. still not sure what I going to do. But as hot as it it I might just say over the ears and off the collar with some curl on top. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 8:44am
Stacy, nothing wrong with that!  Let us know & good luck!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2010 at 11:58am
Stacy, how did it go???
Stacybaby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stacybaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2010 at 6:35pm
Well I did it! Its short and super curly. As I sat in the chair talking to the stylist explaining how I was thinking about going short and maybe curly but could not deside. We talked about different styles,how short. how curly I finaly just said you short and curly and you decide.
Well after washing my hair round 1 of the cutting begin 4 inches all over then came the perm. She wound it tight on pink rods and then I started to wonder if I made the right decision, but now it was to late. After the rods were removed she asked if I still wanted it shorter or just layer my hair. I studyed my curly head for a moment and said lets go all the way. So round 2 of the cutting begin. I sat there watching as the curly ringlets started to fall into my lap. 2 1/2 on the top, angled over the ears then tapered short up the back. It is going to get some getting use to but now I can wash and go.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic