Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Need a little help regarding a new style.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
RoryButler View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RoryButler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Need a little help regarding a new style.
    Posted: August 10 2010 at 5:01pm
Hi, I just joined here, and the men's hair section seems a bit dead, I just hope someone can help me!

I'm about due to change my hair's style quite drastically as my long hair's really annoying me due to the current heat, as well as the fact that when my hair was short (I've gone from long to short back to long) it was still relatively volumous so now my hair's just a massive poof when wind hits it!

Anyway, this is how my hair looks now (this was taken a few days ago to get hair help of another forum, but that didn't help at all)

As you can see, messy, dull, bad shape, just not good!

What my question to you guys is, what sort of style do you think would suit me?
I know I still want it relatively long, but not massively long (frankly I'm getting annoyed with people looking at me like scum merely cos my hair is long).
The sort of length I'm after is probably something like this:
I also think the shape of this hair is real cool, but obviously John Mayer's hair is a completely different type to mine, so I'm not sure if the shape would work for me.

Also some people I know have said that my older short hair looks good, which looks like this:
(I'm the most central guy in the pic, not the blonde one or the one in the hat)

Though my only problem with this hair was there was no chance of styling it and it was very picky of when it looked good and bad.

Anyway, does anyone have any suggestions of styles for my hair?
Just to sum up, what I'm after is: A length similar to that (if not a little shorter) of the John Mayer picture I posted.
A hairstyle that can be styled a bit, just to make it less wild than any of my previous hairstyles

Also just a quick question to end this. I haven't been in a hairdresser since I was a kid (the short hair after my first bout of long hair was actually cut by myself, which I was insanely lucky with really cos it wasn't a complete disaster) so, what's the general etiquette? When I find the style I want do I just give them a picture of it and tell them to work away? Or will they want multiple angles?
Also how much should I be looking to pay? (I'm in England btw).

Thanks so much!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic