Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

BLEACH ROOT BREAKAGE! HELP!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rlmohr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rlmohr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BLEACH ROOT BREAKAGE! HELP!!
    Posted: August 30 2010 at 9:13pm
Hello~I'm new to this site and I'm seriously in need of some direction. I have long brown hair with years of highlights/bleached/lift without damage. Recently started with my friend who just received her license 8/14/10. On our 3rd appointment with 2 1/2 months, the same color for roots was done; however each time we've also been foiling the roots where my previous hairdresser would probably do it every other appointment. Immediately upon rinsing out, my hair had about a 1" width of breakage 1" from the root. She immediately pointed this out and conditioned it and said she didn't over process or over lap. She dropped of Redken Extreme and it's been 5 days now since this has all happened; however the breakage is moving throughout my center part to the back of my head and all along the hair framing my face.  All about 1" from the root.  What do I do? I'm so afraid to style my hair and I'm now left with dry, brittle, breaking hair at the root...I've been leaving conditioner in my hair daily (orange bottle Sleek something) and Redken Extreme in the morning (rinsing it out). I had a bbq yesterday and had to dry my hair a little so I only used cold air once again leaving my hair frizzy beyond frizz! Any suggestions are SO WELCOMED!!!!!  Thank you! (I am in no way upset with my friend as I know she is new at this and this was not intentional. I'm more upset with myself knowing my hair and how long I've been doing this to know that bleach on my hair should be done by a professional with much more experience. I do blame myself for this.Confused)
leggyblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leggyblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 21 2011 at 9:48am
hi there rimohr, I can't believe that they foiled your roots! thats a no no.

when bleach is on your head it heats up thats when you feel like you have ants on your scalp. To have the bleach covered especially near the roots is just spelling out disaster and they probably left them on for too long.

I bleach my hair myself all the time. I leave about 1 to 2 weeks in between bleaching otherwise it will just break off or go like jelly! you don't want that coz it will break.

your hairdresser is talking shoot coz she did over process your hair, u never put foils near the roots, just apply it with you brush and time it once it starts turning colour leave it about 15mins then take it off.

Deep conditioners are gonna help with the brittle hair and may help with the breakage, but don't ever put foils on again! just do your roots with a bleaching brush and make sure you don't overlap on the part that is already bleached just try getting the regrowth only. If you get the band of the bleached part it will break off, if you over process it, it will get frizzy and break off. I hope this helps you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic