Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hair ideas?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Millie1986 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hair ideas?
    Posted: September 10 2010 at 3:33pm
Hi,
I am looking for suggestions of hairstyles that would suit me. My hair is currently a couple of inches past my shoulders, a bit layered, and I have been growing out a side fringe, which is now almost chin length. It is naturally straight, and quite fine, but quite thick (as in fine hairs but lots of them). I find it quite difficult to get much volume in it, because of the texture, however I have it cut. I am 24, 5"5 and fairly slim. I was thinking about going short, but not sure a) if it would suit me, and b) how easy it would be to keep it looking good given my hair type. I don't particularly want a bob, as I had my hair in a fairly layered, chin length bob last year, and although I liked the cut I don't think it was the most flattering style I have had. That is the shortest I have ever had my hair, but am open to going shorter if it would look good. I like long hair, but I am just bored with it really - I always had very long hair as a child/younger teen, and now I seem to get bored quite quickly. I have found some short hair pictures that I like, but a lot that I find look quite 90s, or more middle aged. I have attached a couple of photos of me - they aren't terribly recent, so my hair is different, but I am more interested in what would suit my face shape etc. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

X posted to General
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 6:43am
View%20Image   This is really short but, really cute.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 8:47am
She looks beautiful, but that is a bit too short for me - I think you have to have really perfect features and face shape and everything to pull off hair that short, and as I have never had it shorter than chin length I don't know if I do, so would want something a bit longer than that really. Do you have any suggestions of styles a little longer? And do you think I have the type of face that can pull off short hair well?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 2:07pm
      I am a long hair lover, to be upfront, and I don't like the crop cut on women, with rare exceptions. But, if you are going to go short, your face could carry any cut, even that one. I think the old Dorothy Hamill wedge style would look better, though. And it would give you more legth on top if you ever chose to grow it out. Bob Smile

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Millie1986 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 11 2010 at 8:14pm
Thank you for the input Bob. I wasn't thinking of going as short as that picture - I was thinking of perhaps something more like http://www.aahairstyle.com/mandy-moore-with-short-hair/ or a long pixie. I haven't decided for sure yet - I do like long hair, and to be honest it is actually more practical for me really as I do a lot of performing and dance, and really mid length/long (shoulder lengthish) is the most versatile and practical for things like that, but I am just finding I am getting increasingly bored and wanting a change, and finding myself looking at pictures of short hair etc. I would probably have already cut it, as I tend to be fairly impulsive with my hair (ie decide I want to change it and get it done that day or the next!), but I am in a show at the moment that I need to keep it long for, so I have the next 6 weeks to keep thinking it over. But I have been thinking about it for quite a few weeks now, and I am still thinking I want to go shorter, so I suspect I probably will - I just don't know how short or what style at the moment, but I am finding I am getting increasingly impatient to change it somehow! It is good to know that you think my face shape etc could pull off any cut though, as since I have never had very short hair I have no idea really.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 12 2010 at 6:50am
Yes! Good style
baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 8:55pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

office
officethxxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic