Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

very short pixie

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: very short pixie
    Posted: October 08 2010 at 4:01am
My wife has a hair appointment tomorrow and I think she has settled on a new hairstyle. It's a very short,choppy pixie:
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 5:18am
very nice
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 8:28am
If she can pull it off like this model does, GO FOR IT!!!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 08 2010 at 7:19pm
I have always liked this haircut on Andrea Osvart; hope your wife looks as good as she does.  My wife had that haircut 20 years ago and I loved it then too. It's timeless.
HAWG
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 5:28pm
My wife and I went to a new stylist this weekend, she showed the stylist the Andrea Osvart pic, and she just loved it. Twenty minutes later and a lot of hair on the floor she had the shortest haircut ever. She looks great. What do you guys think? I think I like this one even better than the heavy weight line mushroom cut.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 8:43pm
very Nice. I do like it allot and it makes her very professional looking. It is much better that the mushroom cut. I am not a big fan of solid weight line. This cut has much more to offer and i sure she will receive lots of compliments. Thansk for sharing this picture with us.
Mike b 
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 11 2010 at 9:41pm
Awesome! She looks awesome! I too am not a fan of the heavy weight line; a tapered cut is so much better. Thanks for sharing.
HAWG
jebebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 12 2010 at 12:56pm

The cut looks great!!  How long was it before she cut it?  Did the stylists use clippers on the back and sides?  If so, what number guard?  You are a lucky man!!  Wish I could get my wife to go that short!!

shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 13 2010 at 6:36am
I love it! I've always wanted my wife to go this short
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 3:39am
Yes, the stylist used clippers on the sides and back. My wife asked her to use a #3 guard, but she said she doesn't use numbered guards. She would try 3/8" first. I know a #3 is 3/8", but I have never seen guards that look like the ones she used. They seem to cut shorter than standard guards. Her hair on the back and sides was well over an inch long and on the top it was about two and 1/2 inches, so a lot of hair was cut off. My only complaint about the cut was that she didn't clean up the hairline an the nape at all. Not much to complain about.
mikecuts View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikecuts Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 14 2010 at 8:42pm
xxxzvp, I use a 3-1/2 blade for my classic 76 (snap on blades. I have had a few that asked aren't you going to use a guard? Till they understand that it is a 3/8 blade. When I cut my wife's with a 3/8 generally  I will use a #1-1/2 to clean up the edges, the razor the hairline. depending on the hair line I will use just a trimmer clipper on the hairline.  One way i do not like sideburns is when I see them cut straight across even with the top of the ear. I generally cut them square like as in a regular mans haircut or angle them at a 45* to the cheek bone.  Gaurds will vary from clipper to clipper.
Mike
xxxzvp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xxxzvp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 30 2010 at 4:45am
My wife got her hair trimmed up yesterday, and it is every bit as short as the last cut. It seems the new stylists' clipper guards do cut shorter than standard guards. Even though she said she was using a 3/8" it is a lot closer to 1/4". She didn't  clean up the nape again,bummer. Mike, I too really like nice crisp sideburns, preferably cut square. I'm torn between this haircut and the heavy weight line mushroom cut, I really like that blunt line. Last night at Walmart I saw a lady with what was almost a boys bowlcut, a very heavy weight line cut about an inch above the ears all the way around, dipping down slightly across the back. The hair below was buzzed to about 1/8" and, WOW, a very striking haircut. Heres a pic of the most recent trim
jebebb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jebebb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2010 at 2:26pm

Very nice.  A second trim in less than a month ... must mean she really likes the new style!!  Is she letting you trim/cleanup the nape?  My wife's stylist always leaves the nape a little shaggy and we always trim it up when she gets home.

baldshorthair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baldshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 19 2011 at 8:53pm
Come visit the site "WORLD OF BALD AND SHORT HAIR GIRLS "...!!!

http://baldshorthair-girls.blogspot.com/

office
office

thxxx
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic