Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - formal styles for long haired men...HELP PLEASE..
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

formal styles for long haired men...HELP PLEASE..

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
rame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: formal styles for long haired men...HELP PLEASE..
    Posted: October 23 2010 at 11:48am
Hi all,
     I a male 25 years old. I have long hair..three to four inches below my shoulders. my hair texture is not very straight, its a little frizzy and wavy and black in color (Asian Indian hair). I recently got a job.(the office looks so cool with multi cultural environment) till now, i let my hair down freely or in ponytail. I would like to get some hairstyles suggestion for my hair that looks formal, so that i can wear it for my daily office. I just don't want the same hair style worn everyday.Experimenting with my hair keeps my energy level high and it reflects in the work.. I believe.. Also send me some links and photos of those hairstyles, and steps to do those hairstyles. I could do some funny or informal hairstyles on thursdays and fridays. But the three other days i need to be very formal. Also let me know about the accessories that i need to use for those formal hairstyles and informal hairstyles. Try to send some simple hairstyles that wont require other's help to do it. Also shall i straighten my hair to have a much better look..? I am ok with feminine hairstyles too (after all any long hairstyle is considered to be feminine, thats not a big deal)...Let me know asap..Have got ten more days to join, so that i can practice well..Thank you all in advance....

Edited by rame - October 27 2010 at 10:27pm
Daisy :) View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daisy :) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 04 2010 at 6:31pm

I love it when men tie their hair up in any way but a low ponytail. What would be great, is if you straightened your hair then pulled it back and do a french twist and use a big claw clip to fasten it do the back. If you cannot do that, then just tie it in a high ponytail witha black scrunchie. Either looks great in my opinion. :)

Jenny-B View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny-B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 13 2010 at 10:59am
Braids are your friend.  You can do so many different kinds of braids that it would take forever to list them.  They can also look very formal.  You've got a lot of options, especially if you don't mind the more femme looks (which I think is fantastic!). 
Jenny B.
rame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2010 at 1:21pm
Hi daisy.. frinch twist. yes i happened to see some things in the internet.. but I could not do that perfectly. perhaps after a few more times of practice. regarding the high ponytail, i think can be done as an informal one.. I tried it. but with a small band not with a crunchie perhaps i should try it with a crunchie..let me try it and let you know..thanks for the sugesstion.
hi jenny. yes braids are really cool. and of course i don't mind about the femme looks. I have tried braiding it my best. But could be better..could you just list a few simple braids that i could do it by myself.
so far, i tried doing a half ponytail a couple of times to my office, i got some good comments.let me try these.thanks you both.
sarah alfred View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sarah alfred Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2010 at 8:51pm
nothing looks more beautiful than this

rame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 21 2011 at 11:56pm
Nice sarah, But, Mine is a little longer than this. Also, My hair is not this smooth somewhat frizzy. I don;t know.. Thanks.
rame View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rame Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 5:26pm
hi jenny,
daisy, sarah,

Just felt like showing my hair to you. Managed to click a photo with the half pony tail. But i believe, I need more maintenance. Kindly advise. I posted a question regarding this in long hair support with my image of hair on it. below is the link. Thank you in advance

Edited by rame - April 09 2014 at 11:01am
decken View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote decken Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 13 2011 at 5:45pm
A woman with an oval face has a front that is wider than Chin and prominent cheekbones. If you have been blessed with an oval face, you can wear almost any hairstyle.
lorymadon View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lorymadon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2011 at 2:38pm
Hair is just hair. No, not when we as a race teach our children to dislike their texture and burn the scalp of children from two years to get a straight look more manageable. It's not just the hair when most of our women do not even know how to manage their natural texture.
BobbedAtLast View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobbedAtLast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 21 2011 at 2:23pm
I have had long hair for many years, too--from plain all one length to my waist, waist-length with straight or feathered back bangs, to my current bob.   I really like the bob and it is certainly a feminine cut--angled , stacked in the back and I now have highlights in it.  I love it and wear it 'down' every day, although I used to tuck it back behind my ears, which will work for those formal days.  Oh, and not that it matters, but I am straight and married.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic