Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

TOP FASHION WEDDING DRESS

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mahayi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mahayi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: TOP FASHION WEDDING DRESS
    Posted: October 27 2010 at 9:39pm

For dresses, black is still a leading trend for the fashion –forward bride that wants to make a bold statement for the Big Day. This color scheme was popular on the Paris fashion runways in 2008 and has remained in the front of wedding dress trends in subsequent years.

Black dresses embellished with lace and pearls are an attractive choice for the fashionable bride, but you can also consider black piping or embroidery over the classic white dress for variation.

Red wedding gowns are also a top trend for 2010 weddings, especially for the spring and fall months. Look for bright red gowns embellished with large satin sashes and bows, or red gowns with black piping and detailing for a fresh new look.

Bridesmaid dresses get a pop of color for 2010 weddings in pink , bright orange or turquoise shades. The bride looking for a fun and playful addition to the wedding can wear a simple cream colored gown with a colorful sash that matches the bridesmaid dresses. Look for dresses embellished with large petals and oversized bows for a stylish look.

Bright yellow and peach tones are also some of the top color trends for the 2010 wedding season, especially for wedding taking place in the spring and summer.

Avoid pastels and go for the bold and bright color palettes in these color families for a fashionable look .These color work particularly well for outdoor weddings, beach weddings and tropical – themed weddings.

Edited by Karen Shelton - June 16 2011 at 6:23pm
Takeiteasy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Takeiteasy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 5:13pm
im goin to a wedding this yr and the bride is wearing a black wedding dress, and to be honest i just think its a bit depressin for a wedding but i can see that its a statement wedding dress and each to their own. im sure she will look wonderful.
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 16 2011 at 6:24pm
I agree.  I think if the bride likes black they should opt for a white gown with maybe a black sash or some other black accents but not the entire dress.  Sarah Jessica Parker wore a black wedding dress when she was married several years ago and she had since confessed that she regrets that and wish she had worn a more traditional gown.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
lyleneil View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lyleneil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2011 at 12:44am
Black and White dresses are very in trend.  Whether it's the sash, the neckline or hemline of the dress, Black is a great detail and makes the wedding dress pop.Lace has made a recent comeback, exuding a look vintage romance that is feminine, yet not overdone. Many brides are enchanted by lace, envisioning a majestic day in a lush green garden.

walddruop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walddruop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 27 2011 at 11:47pm
Every girl wants to looks unique and attractive on her big day and Black and White dresses are the prefect collection! Really looking fabulous! 
walddruop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote walddruop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2012 at 12:26am
 Hi...Memorable day of each person's life  is wedding day. Everybody wants to  be look gorgeous on that day (especially bride) .In my opinion lace sleeves wedding gowns and cute tea length dresses are perfect choice for wedding.

Edited by Karen Shelton - April 16 2012 at 7:37am
georugecruisee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote georugecruisee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2012 at 9:51pm
Wedding is special for every human. I would like your article which i follow in wedding time. I always aware to purchase wedding dresses for new fashion and good colour.
vegajanner View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vegajanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 04 2012 at 4:29am
For dresses, black is still a leading trend for the fashion –forward bride that wants to make a bold statement for the Big Day. This color scheme was popular on the Paris fashion runways in 2008 and has remained in the front of wedding dress trends in subsequent years.

Edited by Karen Shelton - April 04 2012 at 5:08am
Streetlegaltshi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Streetlegaltshi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 6:16am
white is the best dress for wedding, white is of color of joy and happiness.

Edited by Karen Shelton - April 16 2012 at 7:37am
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 7:55am
OK, I want your opinion about this experience I had recently.

I attended a wedding where the bride wore a sleeveless, low back, V neck front gown.  She had a full sleeve of tattoos down one arm and tattoos all along her back and her front. 

Not only were the tattoos completely visible because the gown was sleeveless and low cut, but they were not pretty tattoos.  They were all very big and looked faded, like they had been on her body for 10-15 years.

In my humble opinion the tattoos totally detracted from the gown which also was unflattering because it totally emphasized her pear shaped body and highlighted a large stomach and booty. 

I try very hard to be a person who follows the principle that "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" so I keep my opinions totally to myself.   Of course I told the bride she had a beautiful glow, which was politically correct and kept me from being dishonest in any way.

However, I overheard several of the guests whispering about the bride's tattoos and how ghastly they looked with the wedding gown.   Other guests were talking about how unflattering the gown looked on her body and how showing her tattoos detracted from her as a beautiful bride.

I know it was her wedding day and every bride should totally pick the dress they love, but to make it all worse, her arms were very large and flabby besides being covered with tattoos.  Wearing a sleeveless gown might not have been the best option.

Is this a new bridal fashion trend - to prominently display tattoos with a wedding gown?  Or do brides still cover them up?  Also, are brides getting away from selecting gowns which minimize their possible body flaws and maximize their best features?  Or has this goal been abandoned?

I was just curious about this because until this most recent bride, I had never witnessed a bride showcasing faded tattoos and accentuating the parts of the body that might be best minimized while ignoring some of her better features. 

It was a very weird experience and I just wondered if I am out of the loop for beautiful bride attire?

That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
moomblue View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moomblue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 26 2012 at 12:52am
im goin to a wedding this yr and the bride is wearing a black wedding dress, and to be honest i just think its a bit depressin for a wedding but i can see that its a statement wedding dress and each to their own. im sure she will look wonderful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by Karen Shelton - September 26 2012 at 10:05am
hair4brides View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hair4brides Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 4:04am
I agree that Black Gown is trending these days for brides, but white gown is still a favorite choice of most of the brides. I personally like white dress because it suits most with the bride's makeup.

Lara Smith
Makeup Artist Brisbane

shinninglikeme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shinninglikeme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2013 at 2:42pm
I would love to wear a beautiful saree to a wedding with my hair open and a beautiful bindi on my forehead and flower in the hair if little styled on those long open hair
Audrie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Audrie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2018 at 7:55am
What important of having a best dress was'nt just the cost or the material used by it. Most important is that the bride itself is comfortable wearing it.
Check the link below for the upcoming new styles for wedding dress!
https://www.glamour.com/gallery/bridal-fashion-week-best-dresses

Hope this helps! Cheers!
Window Shop Cafe - www.windowshopcafe.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic