Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brittany Daniel new short haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brittany Daniel new short haircut
    Posted: November 10 2010 at 5:15pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 10 2010 at 8:45pm
I've always thought of her as a short haired girl but I'm not so sure about this new cut; here she is about a year and a half ago

here's the new cut

One of her best looks from years ago

HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 2:24am
Hmmmm. So those are my only options? Long, flat and stringy, or a weird riff on the Kate Gosselin?

I guess with 7 billion people in the world, someone was bound to copy Kate's 'do...
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 5:25am
It is fixable...could go to a short crop cut...in other words, lose the sideburn and the combover.
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 6:49am
I'm thinking that's what she'll do loveshorthair in a few weeks
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 11 2010 at 4:44pm
The long hair looked a lot better.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 12 2010 at 1:22pm
Someone forgot to finish the cut... maybe she was in a hurry and had to leave. The older short style looks good, so it's not that she can't do a short style.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 18 2010 at 11:07pm
Originally posted by loveshorthair loveshorthair wrote:

It is fixable...could go to a short crop cut...in other words, lose the sideburn and the combover.
     I agree. What is it with these sloppy, atrocious haircuts that fashion gurus claim are "edgy"? The only thing she can do now, IMO, to make her hair look decent is cut it short all over and start growing again. OuchDead Bob

Edited by Bob S - November 18 2010 at 11:09pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 8:23pm
She's really rocking this look

I love me a good flattop but this ain't it.
HAWG
JohnnyQuest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnnyQuest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 9:16pm
Ice Ice baby..Vanilla
Ice Ice baby..Vanilla

ethandavid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ethandavid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 31 2011 at 9:44pm
I may be old fashioned, but what's wrong with looking at least somewhat feminine with your hairstyle? I'm sorry, but if this is 21st Century or Cutting Edge or some other label, then I'm 20th Century and Dull Knife. I don't know how to put my first reaction into words other than perhaps "EARGHLBLECH!". I know, that's not a word.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 2:49am
One of the ugliest hairstyles on a woman I have ever seen. Somebody owes her a refund.
Who has more fun than people?
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 3:59am
Another case of a "Scissor Happy Hack Stylist", couldn't cut his/hers way out of a wet paper bag. I think a five year old could have given her a better haircut!
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 6:21am
I agree she needs a softer look
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 10:43am
     I understand that Brittany used the Tower of Babel as her inspiration. Geek Bob
clownboots View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote clownboots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 12:07pm
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 2:07pm
Great link; you have to copy and paste it though.
HAWG
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 6:51pm
     Brittany says that the producers were all about her getting a short "sexy" cut, so I'm sure that some of her fans must be abuzz over it. Confused Bob
trout View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trout Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 01 2011 at 6:57pm
It just doesn't work for her.  As stated earlier she needs something softer.  She can pull off short, just not this. 
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2011 at 7:56am
This whole thing baffles me.  I mean, she's had short hair before in a fantastic and incredibly flattering cut.  So for her say she wanted to go short again and brought in a picture of a "sexy short cut" implies that when the clippers finally shut off, she brushed the big pile of hair off her lap, looked in the mirror, and said, "Yes! That's it!" 

Seriously, WTF?

This has to be one of those stylists that leave their hair show models with styles that are all technique, angles, and "art" and nothing to do with a viable, flattering haircut.  I genuinely don't now how they can take a beautiful woman and do something like that to their head in good concience (e.g., Selma Blair from a couple of years ago).  I'd be embarrassed to let someone walk away with that cut.  Then again, I generally subscribe to a sort of Hypocratic Oath of hairstyling: "First, do no harm."

Hopefully she'll realize that even Rhianna has realized that look is over and start letting it grow for the next few months.  If so, she could have something akin to her formerly fabulous pixie sometime around April or May...

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic