Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

The Office Is Nice

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
susanlancy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote susanlancy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Office Is Nice
    Posted: November 17 2010 at 8:38pm
 I like The Office TV series.Like most fans of the BBC series large desk, I was absolutely shocked when they announced they were doing an American version of the series. Ricky Gervais show was so perfect, so unique that it seems impossible to be successfully translated into an American context. In addition, it was unimaginable without Ricky Gervais, who was the author and star of the original.

And to be honest, when the subject of America fully imitates the original, especially in the first episode, it compares pretty badly. The jokes are perfectly suited to Gervais and his cronies, and simply did not translate quite well to all new players. However, once you get past the first episode, and the American team, original documents, which actually becomes a show very, very funny.In fact, if you've seen the BBC version, I recommend just skipping the first round of the American version and go from there. Another appeal is that imitation is smooth, it was a British theme song, even if they stimulate a lot.
NBC's The Office is a winner on all fronts. Unlike some sitcoms, they are quirky characters and original as important as the package. You probaby recognize someone you know Jim, the guy who is too smart for the job he got, but they are afraid to appear, or if you're not lucky, you can become more familiar with Michael They boss homophobic, racist, sexist, egotistical, who reigns over the employees of Dunder-Mifflin and are under the impression that he is the best friend of everyone.

The show is unlike anything else on television. It's about a small paper company in Scranton, Pennsylvania. The boss of the series, Michael Scott (Steve Carrel) is not someone you want to hang out with- he thinks he's funny and "all that" when really he is annoying, and often insulting . But he tries too hard and it usually ends up with comical consequences. Dwight (Rainn Wilson) is the "Assistant to the Regional Manager", he's basically a nerd and thinks of himself as Michael's right-hand man and 2nd-in-command of the place. But he ends up as the [...] of the jokes and is the subject of much teasing from Jim and Pam (John Krasinski, Jenna Fisher). They work in the office as well, and are good friends but Jim has deeper feelings for Pam even though she is engaged to Roy, a jerk who works in the warehouse. Ryan (B.J. Novak) is the new temp who works in the building, and he is a quiet, soft-spoken guy but Michael tends to showoff to him more then anyone else, much to his displeasure. You really can see it.

Edited by Karen Shelton - January 08 2011 at 7:24am
maxgreat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxgreat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2010 at 1:15pm
I got job last week. I have been gone to the new office since 5 days . I like this office very much. I met employees of this office and i really like their behavior. They helped me in the work when i have problem. I think this new office is suite to me because it is very nice.
jeffyrh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffyrh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2010 at 2:41am
my office is not nice
]
maxpaayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maxpaayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2011 at 5:11pm
I like my office very much. I goes to office every day. I find this task very well. I met with employees of this office and I really like behavior of other employees. They helped me to work when I have any problem. I believe that this office is like my second home where we all employees are live like family members.

Edited by maxpaayne - May 09 2012 at 12:35pm
[url=http://www.totaldebtguide.com/]My Blog[/url]
serro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote serro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2011 at 3:51pm
i work in my home office and i love here so much too =)

cactusmiller View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cactusmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 4:08pm
I got job last week. I have been gone to the new office since 5 days . I like this office very much. I met employees of this office and i really like their behavior. They helped me in the work when i have problem. I think this new office is suite to me because it is very nice.
williamalarice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote williamalarice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2011 at 3:39am
well i am working in an office and i must say they have really presented a real kinda environment in the show,Moreover after watching its episodes i have implemented a few things in my office as well.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic