Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damaged hair after CHI straightening

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
deby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damaged hair after CHI straightening
    Posted: December 13 2010 at 4:15pm
Hi there,
I certainly wish I had come across this forum 2 wks ago before getting the CHI straightening done.... everyone seems to be getting the Brazilian blowout where I live yet in spite of the happy clients I had seen I decided against it due to the carcinogenic effect of the formaldehyde in it. So I went ahead with the CHI and it has completely ruined my hair. My hair was not that curly, but I wanted to control the frizz specially for easy care during the summer. I had the CHI for color treated hair and yet it has left my hair dry like doll's hair! My hair is frizzy all the time, and damaged/ breaking all around my face. I have had to get it cut somewhat, but told that other than heavy conditioning and staying away from dryers, there's not much more that I can do... I use ammonia free coloring except on my temples where I need to use regular hair colouring to cover my grays and I am terrified of doing that and having my damaged hair fall out entirely!!!
Please help.
eeyoremom50 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eeyoremom50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2010 at 2:48pm
My goodness.  I have done chi for 6 years and love it. never had a problem. must be your hairdresser.
MagicMojoHair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MagicMojoHair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2010 at 8:24pm
deby,
Deep conditioning always helps. 

Good luck to you, i hope i was a help.

Edited by Karen Shelton - December 22 2010 at 10:28am
marialbertini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marialbertini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2011 at 10:56am
Deby,
I posted a few months ago about my HORRIBLE experience with CHI treatment. I cried for a week after the disaster. Finally my hair is now (after 8 months) long enough to have a new treatment. My hair is very thin and frizz. I had a Brazilian Keratin Treatment a month ago and am very happy. My hair looks wondeful and healthier than ever. You have to keep trimming your hair and use l'oreal no sulfate shampoo and conditioner. After you dry you hair carefully with a towel apply Paul Mitchel The Conditioner. Thank God hair grows back, but I know how devasting it is when this things happen. Good luck.

Edited by marialbertini - January 18 2011 at 11:31am
Dark40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dark40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2011 at 6:18pm
Deby,

Deep conditioning and hot oil treatments.  I hope that helps.

Shannon D. Bax
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic