Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Damage after combo of tape in skin wefts & keratin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Damage after combo of tape in skin wefts & keratin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
softkilldoll16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote softkilldoll16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Damage after combo of tape in skin wefts & keratin
    Posted: January 01 2011 at 7:23am
Hello, I am new here. I did alot of research on hair extensions before I decided to dabble into them. I recently got a job at a salon and knew I would be able to get them installed for free so I bought tape in skin weft Extensions from Zystal.com when I got the hair I was super excited. I had heard that this was one of the least damaging methods to hair and that Lauren Conrad used them b/c they were lighther on the hair. The hair itself was beautiful, I bought one pack and had them installed by a SoCap professional. The website claims they are safe enough to install them yourself. Anyway, they website said one would be enough for my hair but we ended up running out and I had to get get keratin ones real quick to install so I wouldnt walk out with a mullet. I wasn't happy about this, but I figured it would be fine and only temporary until I got anothee pack of hair. The woman Sandy Donnelly was super nice at first and got me the second pack right away. The hair was very heavy and painful. I got the new pack and had the keratin ones taken out about a week after intially applied. Now I could feel some of my hair being torn out during the removal, figued it would be fine b/c they were only in for a short period. I got the second pack installed and my hair looked great. I did lost about 10 pieces from the first pack at this point. Well, let me tell you, after the second pack, a lot of them started coming out. My hair was getting matted in the back. And I only washed my hair once and like 10 came out. I took care of them too, I tried not too tug and used proper shampoos and combs.  I had them in for two weeks when they were supposed to last a month until I just couldnt take them falling out anymore. I bought this special solution to remove them when I first got them, and I used that and gently took them out. I didn't feel much tugging to my hair. Before these extensions, I had fine hair that wasn't damaged and I had a lot of hair about medium length. After taking them out, I can easily say I lost about 1/2 of my hair. I am devastated! I still have pink keratin ones in that I am afriad to take out because I know my hair is going to look worse. My hair looks shorter and really piecey in a bad way. I didn't think that this much damage could be done to my hair  from 2 weeks,especially when the tape ins seemed like a safer alternative to glue ins, etc.  I am at a loss of what to do. I bought clips in but those give me headaches by the end of the day. What do I do to reverse this damage as quick as possible? Will my hair be like this permantely? I have already made an appointment to cut my hair but the thinness is awful. I have been using Mane and Tail Shamoo and a natural hair repair masque. My hair feels so weak. What supplements can I take, what are my best options? I have no idea what to do. DO NOT BUY ZYSTAL. I tried contacting the woman twice, once before I took them out telling her how they were coming out for no reason and got nothing and a second time after I took them out and saw all the damage and still nothing. I spent close to 400 dollars on these things total and she won't even give me the time of day.
najar2008 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najar2008 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2011 at 1:40am
All the human beings use an array of hair products to increasee the beauty of their hair and its style. These hair products are generally are combinated from mousse, shampoos,  hair styling gels, conditioners, hair sprays, dyes,  and a myriad other products. Although these products promise to make the hair look attractive, which they do, they also cause damage to the hair strands and hair root leading to the loss of hair. So we really need to have the knowledge on hair loss solution or its treatments.
<a href="http://promotionaltools.co.cc">how to get high traffic </a>
dlcombs8 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dlcombs8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 15 2012 at 7:48am
I have never used the brand of tape in extensions you are talking about but have heard of them. I make my own tape in hair extensions from machine wefted hair (usually Bohyme brand). Rumor has it pre taped extensions are not only very expensive but the quality of hair isn't that good. Sorry to hear of your damage. I've been using this method myself for almost a year and my own hair is actually a bit healthier. I know the fusion method really damaged my hair badly which is why I only use taped in hair. Get some biotin supplements and a good aragan oil treatment once a week. try not to use to much heat and styling processes while your hair recovers. should bounce back quickly. stay away from the fusion method. my hair is so thin and I did this method twice and it messed up my hair badly.
Cheers!
Dawn Combs
www.myhouseofhairextensions.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic