Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Memeber - Question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
no_L14 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote no_L14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Memeber - Question
    Posted: January 25 2011 at 9:12am
Hi!  I'm a new member and here is the issue I have been trying to find a solution for regarding my hair.

My hair is a light auburn (dyed) and is naturally a dull ashy blonde.  My roots are starting to show and since red dye can be so tricky, I'm thinking I would rather go back more of my natural color.  But I'm not sure which route to take to get there.

1.  Use a color corrector to get some of the dye out of my hair and then redye it a medium blonde.

2.  Use a light ash blonde with level 30 developer to lighten my hair and balance out the red tones that are in it. 

What do you think?  Anyone have experience with this?

Thank you!!!  Noel
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2011 at 12:07pm
It would really depend on what you colored the hair with (semi, demi, perm). I would suggest clarifying it a couple times to pull some of the red out. You could use a color stripper as well. If you just color over it, you might end up with a lot of red coming through. You can always go into a local salon and get someone to give you a good game plan with actually seeing your hair.

imuniq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imuniq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 27 2011 at 6:03am
i will suggest you to use colors twice in a year .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic