Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Handbags on job interviews?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Handbags on job interviews?
    Posted: September 29 2012 at 3:07am
Chose the accessories that make your look more responsible and mature rather than funky and attitude.
Sparrowhawk1161 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sparrowhawk1161 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2012 at 4:20am
But what about those male dominated jobs... and going into business for yourselves?

YTou must be color minded.  Ladies?  A tuck under french-braid for the stingyist old fogy bosses... up and out of the way... nice tailored womens suit... which is, what color?  The hand bag must match... really good!

Some jobs, women must put their foot right in the door.  And, let's pretend I am this womenizer... Conquer him.  "I don't want to see female...I want to see executive."  Sad, but true...

Your hair must be completely out of the way.  Instead of that newscaster almost short but not quite look... which destroys your hair... french braid and tuck the end under, so hair is not an object of discrimination.  Tailored suit to match your shape.  Hand bag is something you put in your lap and is a passing glance.  Must match.  Gey suite.. grey hand bag.  Shoes to match, too.  The guy should be looking at your eyes, not your body.

Why do I know this?  My ex-wife, a great mother, by the way for my very lovely daughter (apple of my eye), had to be taken serious by shovenistic pigs who thought her 16 year old looks (when she was 26) had to land jobs dispite her looks.  We "camo"ed everything about her.  She landed the job.  to boot.  Then, she went on 3 years later to get a 300,000 loan to go into a shoe business of her own.  All obeying that simple rule.  Women are still not taken seriously in jobs.  Sometimes you have to do it.  Hide feminity and then... "let your hair down."  Unfortunately, the ma and pa shops died with Wal-mart.  But, both of understood what needed to be done.

In a competetive male dominated world, fashion can be a make it or break it area.  Until the mindset of guys is not prejudiced, which is happening slowly... it's best to be ultra conservative...

Guys like me notice!
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:55pm

I agree any handbag you like, the person giving the interview shouldn’t be hiring you based on your handbag. But if you want a personal opinion because you want to look great and give a good first impression, something simple, not too flashy or weirdly creative lol

harrygibbis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote harrygibbis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2011 at 4:51am
Any one you feel comfortable
JhonPaul View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JhonPaul Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2011 at 11:12pm
Any one you feel comfortable with regarding me is the best answer to this question.
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 7:18am
Something that works with your entire outfit that is not flashy.  You don't want to carry a super expensive bag or it will signal to the interviewer that you probably don't need the job.  Right?  Something in a neutral color that works with your shoes and clothes.  Navy blue would be OK if you were wearing a navy blue suit.
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 6:35am

Edited by alan1111 - July 31 2011 at 7:17am
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 6:35am

Edited by alan1111 - July 31 2011 at 7:17am
juremino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juremino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2011 at 10:50pm
The best type handbag to carry for an interview is a moderate size leather bag, inside which your portfolio would fit in. Black or brown leather would do well.
champion119 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote champion119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2011 at 12:33am
If you have the money I would definitely recommend investing in
wholesale human hair human hair extensions. The cost is higher but the results are excellent. For those who are budget conscious, choose synthetic hair from a reputable hair shop. If you can try out different brands to figure out which is best for you.
wholesale hair weave
wholesale hair weave
wholesale hair extensions
handbagswell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote handbagswell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 14 2011 at 7:43pm

Should you carry a large or small handbag on a job interview?  Should it be a specific color?

Edited by Karen Shelton - February 15 2011 at 11:30pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic