Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I just wish Lewis had done a better job

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ocean231 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ocean231 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just wish Lewis had done a better job
    Posted: March 10 2011 at 12:12am
I almost fall into sleep when I watched the The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This movie is really lame. Just tell us the story about how Edmond are not willing to be as the second, and trying to prove his own value, the Lucy who want draw as much attention as her beautiful sister(by the way ,I never thought her sister looks gorgeous), Eustace, who just accidentally run into Namia, and them keep complaining.
Lucy is intertwined with how to keep on her beauty, and Edmond is trying so hard to be number one. So, that makes the who film focused on Eustace, the one who had so many flecks on his face, always screaming, cowardice, always keeping his journal with him. Personally I don’t think the films can be blamed for the lack of character development. I never thought that the books were very strong in that department (especially compared to the characters in the HP books). For me the books always seemed to be much more about telling a “good Christian story” than getting me to care about any of the characters. Lucy was always sweet and always right (though people rarely believed her), Susan was always anal and a bit condescending, Peter was always brave and tried too hard to do the right thing… only Edmund seemed to really grow at all, since he started out as a total prat and became brave and noble later on, but even then I didn’t feel like I really got to KNOW him.
Anyway, sorry for rambling, but I just wish Lewis had done a better job with character development, and given the movie-makers more to work with.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 31 2011 at 7:25am
juremino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juremino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2011 at 10:39pm
I do not like the series at all. Many of my friends are just crazy about it, but I find it a waste of time. There is no interesting plot on it, just the graphics and costumes and make-up are things noticeable.
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 6:33am

Good information.

Edited by alan1111 - July 31 2011 at 7:12am
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 28 2011 at 6:33am

Did not watch it.  Sounds interesting.

Edited by alan1111 - July 31 2011 at 7:13am
alan1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alan1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 31 2011 at 7:23am
I have not watched the film but I will definitely check it out.  Can you get it on NetFlix?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic