Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Salon, New Site

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Mel.Dazzle View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mel.Dazzle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Salon, New Site
    Posted: March 11 2011 at 3:19am

Hi everyone!

This is my first post in the forum, and I’m looking for a bit of help if you will.

I opened my own salon in Mexborough, South Yorkshire, in July of last year. On the whole things have gone very well, and I am really happy.

I have really tried to develop a sense of ‘community’ with my customers, and my focus is very much on customer service. I genuinely love the fact that many of my ladies just pop in for a chat whilst they are doing their shopping or passing by.

To try and develop the ‘community’ feel I have, well my partner has, developed a web site. It is his first attempt at something like this, and he has worked very long and hard trying to figure out how to do stuff etc.

I am perhaps a little blinkered when I look at it, so what I wanted to ask people to do is have a look at the site and give me feedback on it. I know it is really quite basic, but I don’t want anything too ‘wizzy’ as this may put off a large number of my customers.

Anyhow, the link is below, please feel free to visit and tell me what you think.

Many thanks in advance,

Mel X

http://www.dazzlehairdesign.co.uk/

jamesdweaver View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamesdweaver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2011 at 11:55am
Hi Mel X

Great initiative with the site!

Just a couple of suggestions: you would find it much easier to manage and update the site if you use some sort of blogging software like Wordpress. Wordpress has tons of great looking themes and is really easy to set up - some of the biggest sites in the world use it. its completely free as well.

I daresay you will get much better returns on your effort if you set up a good, easy to update, well designed site.

Great efforts nonetheless. Wish you luck!
justpaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justpaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 21 2011 at 8:41pm
To be honest the colors are very bright and can be a little overwhelming when you first see the site.  You may want to go with either softer colors or just with accent colors instead of full blown in the background.

Good luck with your endeavor.
juremino View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juremino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 22 2011 at 1:47pm
You have made a nice site. It's exciting, bright, and very catchy.
imuniq View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imuniq Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2011 at 1:03am
nice site .. but by my opinion you have to past more pictures and graphics which make your site more attractive ..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic