Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Brooklyn Decker

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Katie C Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katie C Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brooklyn Decker
    Posted: March 23 2011 at 11:13am
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Katie C Lover Katie C Lover wrote:

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/pic-brooklyn-decker-chops-off-her-hair/59007

OK KRAMER, STAY CALM....SLOW, DEEP BREATHS...JUST REMIND YOURSELF OF ALL THE OTHER CELEBS WHO HAVE KEPT THEIR LONG HAIR....Wink
Crysal Gayle
Kim Kardassian
Liv Tyler's hair is getting long again Thumbs%20Up

Hair grows, it's going to be ok!

Remember, she is 23, and she should be allowed to do what she wants with her hair.  I need to see a better pic to pass judgment.

You know I'm just kidding Kramer!
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 12:46pm
More, better pics!

http://www.yfrog.com/froggy.php?username=brooklynddecker

She loves it, so that's what counts.  I like it!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 3:14pm
     I can't imagine that Jennifer Aniston, after getting a blah haircut herself, would have enjoyed having her co-star referred to as "the one with the beautiful long hair". I'm just sayin', who knows? All I can say is that if all women wore shags, I wouldn't be interested in hair. It's not horrible, but certainly not hot, IMO. Bob
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 4:19pm
Censored
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 6:38pm
I'm usually a fan of chops to this length and "cute" over "hot" but I have to say, this looks pretty bland to me all around, there's nothing about the length, cut, style, color, or texture that's very interesting. I'm not sure if I were the stylist who did it I'd be crowing about it.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 23 2011 at 7:45pm
Before

The bob

Maybe all the women in that movie caught the haircutting bug?

HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 2:19am
Originally posted by ssjockey ssjockey wrote:

She loves it, so that's what counts.  I like it!

Noooooooooooo, that's not what counts! Shocked
Who has more fun than people?
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 8:19am

A few interesting (at least to me) observations:

1) Looks not terribly unlike the "Mick Jagger" shag that Heidi Klum got a few months ago...and almost immediately began growing back out.

2) She had "dimension" added to her color, per the article.  Not sure when the definition of "dimension" became obviously lightened, streaky blonde vs. the more natural blonde she had before.  That's not to say the color looks bad at all...just that it doesn't look better than before and that depth could have been added without it taking on the generic California beach blonde look.

3) Not sure I understand the inference by the stylist in the article that long hair is out and mid to short is coming back in.  We've barely gotten past the painfully ubiquitous angled pob epidemic, so many of those women are just now getting back to long if they decided to go back that direction (i.e., Katie Holmes).  Not sure how long hair could suddenly be passé other than the fact that stylists needed another reason to cut since the pob is out.

I typically scoff at that sort of stuff because there is a cycle to these things (ie., short is in, long is in, mid-length is in, long is in, very short is in, etc.), but, despite the number of celebs with long hair, I never heard long referred to as "in" again...

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
rardman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rardman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 9:24am
Jerky Flea, couldn't agree more, on all counts.
I've really come to hate the stupid interviews some stylists give, with their "insder knowledge", and, or, divine inspiration. Once I would like to hear a big name stylist say, "she needed publicity, so we cut off a few inches".

I've been doing hair for 19 years. Trends come and go, but there are always styles, of every length, that are current. Some I would say, are timeless.

In light of your closing paragraph thought you might find this funny....

Long hair is in!

Hair and makeup artist Norma Blaque has some tips to share with our CoColicious readers.

Check out some of her great tips when it comes to haircare:

- Best way to protect hair at the beach: mix 1 part conditioner with 3 parts water in spray bottle. Spritz all over hair, and have fun in the sun!

- Got a problem with sneaky scalp showing? No worries! Use a brush and matching eyeshadow to fill it in!

- More and more of my clients are over the short hair styles. Good bye to all bobs, A-lines and pixie cuts. Length, length, LENGTH is back this spring!!

What about U? Will you be rocking longer hair this Spring and Summer?

terone View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote terone Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 12:09pm
When did she become a soccer mom?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 24 2011 at 7:40pm
HAWG
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 25 2011 at 7:12am
After looking at these two pics the before is clearly better! Not a fan of bed head
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 6:42pm
A shot of the back

Not too many soccer moms with that cut
HAWG
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2011 at 8:53pm
OMG, a ten year old with school scissors, could have done a better job of cutting her hair. Most so called "Stylists" are nothing more then a bunch of "Scissor Hacks". They couldn't give a good haircut if their life depended on it. The minute the stylist said let's cut your hair off, she should have run for her life.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 8:09pm
At the ACM Awards looking better

HAWG
DMB61 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMB61 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2011 at 8:43pm
Still a huge mistake getting it chopped.
kensrs1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 10:24pm
i like it, it's most likely just for the summer.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 5:23am
I wouldn't kick her out of bed!
Jojoswr View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jojoswr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2011 at 7:31am
I think it looks great.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic