Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

extensions gone bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Shot Queen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shot Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: extensions gone bad
    Posted: March 26 2011 at 4:17am
I recently had some yaki hair extensions sewn in (pretty cheap, but they said 100% human hair) and they were great for about 48 hours. Suddenly they are so dry and coarse and they tangle and mat up terribly. I have to brush them constantly. I have been putting oils and moisturizing conditioners on them to no avail. Do I need to have these taken out and replaced with better hair (and if so, what is the best kind?) or is there anything I can do to fix this? Any help would be so greatly appreciated as these look awful! Thanks!
Extension Lover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Extension Lover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 09 2011 at 1:55pm
Unfortunately it sounds like the cuticle wasnt going in the same direction which causes friction and matting. Alot of the cheap hair look beautiful when you get it. Thats because it usually coated with a silicon over damaged dry hair. it gives the elusion of being soft and silky. Alot of the times inexpensive mass produced hair is made up of left over hair that has fallen to the ground during manufacturing.  When this happens the hair is always mixed up and in different directions. At this point there is nothing that will make it feel or act as you want it too. The phrase yo get what you pay for is soooooo true when it comes to hair extension. You will be better off buying a more expensive quality hair that will last a long time then replacing cheap hair all the time. It will just end up costing you more in a very short period of time.

From my experience an amazing hair is the Indian Temple hair. To me its the best but it ultimately comes down to how the hair is processed that makes the biggest difference.

Hope this info has helped.
DoctoredLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DoctoredLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 11 2011 at 1:32pm
You may have to replace them or the hair could be overly conditioned which will actually cause the hair to tangle and matte up. Try a clarifying shampoo first.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shot Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:24am
thanks for your help! where can i buy this hair and how pricey is it? i'm willing to spend some money but i can't go too overboard!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shot Queen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 12:39am
thaanks i'll try that immediately!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic