Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bad Bohyme from Ebonyline.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bad Bohyme from Ebonyline.com
    Posted: April 04 2011 at 9:13pm
Hey everyone,

I am curious if anyone has purchased from ebonyline.com recently.  I know they are mentioned quite often on these boards.

I have been purchasing silky straight bohyme weft hair for the past few years from ebonyline.com as well as liquid gold for installations.  Over the years I have always been extremely pleased with the company and the products they offered as well as the bohyme hair they provided. 

I know that every now and again you stumble onto a "bad" batch of hair.  However this last batch of hair that I purchased through ebonyline.com (bohyme) is absolutely horrible.  I have never been so disgusted with extensions before in all my years of wearing and using them.  I have only had them in for about two weeks tops and within a week of using them they started to knot and become extremely ratty.  I have done nothing but take excellent care of them and do not use cheap/bad products on them.  I am at the point now that they are so bad that I have to wear my hair in a ponytail because if I don't it all balls up into one big rats nest in the back of my head.  This has only ever happened to me before when buying cheap BSS extension hair.

Has anyone has this happen recently when purchasing from ebonyline.com?  To top off this horrible batch of hair the last two consecutive orders I have placed with them, they have forgotten to package certain items in the box.  The past two times they included only one of the few bottles of LG I have ordered and paid for.  I contact them and they issue a refund for the forgotten LG but all they do otherwise is offer an apology. 

I am disgusted because I have now spent hundreds of dollars to buy this hair which now needs to be replaced in less then two weeks.  I am scared to even order from ebonyline.com again because lately their service has been going downhill and I am afraid to get another bad batch of hair.  I will be sending them an email tomorrow addressing my concerns, mainly in regards to the most recent order of hair. 

Can anyone else recommend quality weft hair that is as good as bohyme once was for me?  Or at least offer some other websites that are reliable and trustworthy?

Thanks in advance for any help!
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 7:18am
Hi Pink Paradise!
Sorry to hear about your bad experience, it would totally annoy me to waste $$ on bad hair, I understand you.
It's precisely why I personally keep coming back to Bohyme. I have had one bellow average batch of Bohyme, a while back ago, and I order Bohyme on a very regular basis.
Ebonyline is actually one of my favorite companies to order from, although I cannot say how they would behave if I'd ever had a complaint. I have always been satisfied with them.
The other company I had a bad batch from was superhairfactory and I know that they have a pretty good reputation otherwise.
With Ebonyline, remember that they are a giant business, so I am sure it's like the post office, sometimes you get a nice professional person, sometimes you're just wasting your time.
The other company I order my Bohyme from is hairsisters.com. You could give them a try!
pinkparadise42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkparadise42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2011 at 9:58am
Hi Frenchie!

Yeah, it's so frusterating to spend all that money on hair and then end up with a bad batch.  I have been ordering from them for years and have never had problems like this.  I do agree though that every now and again you'll run into a bad batch.

I did contact the company via email and they were prompt with responding offering me a discount on my next order and offering to personally oversee that all items are shipped and included. 

So, I figure I will probably give it another go since I have never had any other problems with bohyme.  I am going to look into the sites you listed as well, thank you :)

jbjohn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 10:56am
I used to participate on this forum years ago;   This post prompted me to jump through the "re-registration hoops".
 Last year we were going to Vegas so I wanted some new fresh hair for the trip.  I ordered Bohyme silky stright from Hair Sisters and installed it just before leaving.  Even in the package, it didn't have the same look, but I had always trusted that brand so I didn't worry about it.
The first week it was bunching up in the back, tangling and shedding like crazy...not typical Bohyme qualities.  The back of my head looked like road kill sitting at the slot machine.  It behaved like low quality cuticle-not- aligned hair. 
So somewhere down the line...either in production or distributing...something happened.  I'm sure a bad batch can be produced  so that was a possibility...or maybe a weft was switched...who knows.  I started ordering my Bohyme from ebonyline after that (1 year ago) and have been satisfied since.
frenchie1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote frenchie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2011 at 8:33am

Yes, I think when we refer to a "bad batch" as one that will go through a few intalls, that will last a few months but will not last quite as long as a "normal" batch, then I think it can be just that, a bad batch.

When it is what you describe JbJohns, something that looks, feels and behave differently right off the bat, and bunches like non remy hair does, I wouldn't be surprised if it is a weft that has been mislabelled, or misplaced.

I have been ordering for several years from both these companies, hairsisters & ebonyline, always happy with my purchases.

Edited by frenchie1 - April 15 2011 at 8:34am
MintMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 3:39pm
I bought some Bohyme silky straight from ebonyline a few years ago and it was horrible...it matted and tangled the second I put it in..I tried everything (serums etc) to help it and nothing helped. I would brush it out and withing 5 minutes I would have a huge matted mess at the nape of my neck. It was such a nightmare. I took it out and bought some more from another vendor and it was like night and day. I emailed them and never heard back...this was my only dealing with this vendor and I know some other people here have been happy with ebonyline but I would never buybohyme from them again. I phoned bohyme to make sure they were selling authentic bohyme and the rep said they did supply to ebonyline but indicated they had a few issues with them as well so I have just steered clear since.
MintMocha View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MintMocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2011 at 3:48pm
PS I havent posted in a long time so I thought I would mention that since my bad Bohyme experiences I have bought my Bohyme from superhairfactory since and never had a bad batch..they've always been good with communication etc too when I've had questions so just thought Id throw out that rec if you are still looking for a place to buy Bohyme :)
hairextensionok View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairextensionok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 7:27am

Thank you for all the information.  It seems to me that just in the past few years the hair extension supply side has just exploded and there is a lot of misinformation out there about who provides really quality products and who doesn't.  It's nice to have a board like this where others can share their experiences.

Edited by hairextensionok - May 29 2011 at 9:10am
glitterchic74 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote glitterchic74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 9:15am
I purchased twice from ebonyline this month. I made a return/exchange and they were very prompt and courteous.

I am not real happy with the hair as it is already tangling badly at the ends but it may be that I got the wrong texture...I tried the bohyme egyptian wave and it doesn't match my texture....I mixed it with some old bohyme silky straight I had lying around.It could be that it is a no no to mix different texture too on the same install...

But they were excellent to cancel the next order I made with them yesterday- I did not receive the free shipping because the 10 inch silky straight is under $70...Then I found an ebay dealer where I could get 14" bohyme body wave in D1B/30 for $99 so I am waiting to see how that hair turns out.....

All in all, I am very pleased with ebonyline customer service but I guess it is hit or miss if you are happy with a 'batch' of hair in general...especially since you have to open it up and try it on your head before you could really decide if you want to return it! BUT...I have improved a lot of hair by just hennaing it- makes it super shiny, smooth and glossy and gives the black hair a red glow in the sunlight :)
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2011 at 9:21am
Hi Glitterchic74

Thanks for the info on the return/exchange policy of ebonyline.  It's good to know that they have good customer service.  If you get a bad batch of hair and the company doesn't work with you to get you good replacement hair that would be really bad. 

The bad news is that anytime you have to deal with returning something it's just a pain but there are more and more companies that sell hair products that have a no return policy under any circomestances which is just terrible. 

Thanks for sharing your experience.  Much appreciated.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic