Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Have you gotten job off Craigs List?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
linxinyu View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote linxinyu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Have you gotten job off Craigs List?
    Posted: April 09 2011 at 2:30am

I have been reading about all types of problems with Craigs List and how it is now dangerous to sell things on CL because of robbery and assault.  Is the same dangers true of CraigsList?  Have you gotten a job from there?  Would love to know.

Edited by linxinyu - April 13 2011 at 8:03am
Karen Shelton View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Karen Shelton Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 13 2011 at 8:00am
I honestly don't know what to think about the reports on Craigs List.  I have heard both good and bad reports. 

We tried using Craigs List to post jobs for HairBoutique.com when we were looking and we received lots of resumes, but after many interviews we didn't find a single person who even remotely qualified or was a good fit for the job. 

Maybe we didn't write the listing correctly or maybe it was bad timing, but some of the responses we received were very bizarre.  And we received complaints from the applicants in email. 

One guy responding to the CL ad complained that we should only require at-home workers.  Well since it was a job in our warehouse, explain how that could work?  LOL.  Another women complained because she couldn't bring her dog to work with her.  So strange I can't even begin to tell you all the craziness that happened as a result.

Needless to say we never used CL again for job postings.

Maybe it would work if you were looking for a job but it didn't work for us looking for employees or apprentices.
That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger or drives you totally insane. :-)
adele66 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adele66 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 21 2011 at 12:46am

If you haven't noticed, I've been away from this forum for a while, and this topic actually got me back!

Edited by adele66 - September 21 2011 at 10:34am
stevieb View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevieb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 3:06pm
I never got a job, but I did use craig list to help promote my site. It worked out pretty good. 
fetamy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fetamy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 29 2012 at 3:08am
Originally posted by stevieb stevieb wrote:

I never got a job, but I did use craig list to help promote my site. It worked out pretty good. 

Agreed, it even work for high sales rate.
Try Gumtree if you need more security.
baobaowudi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baobaowudi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 16 2012 at 2:18am
Body feels not good,Cheap WOW Gold then go to the hospital for examination, the doctor asked X-rayed, X-ray, MD wrote diagnosis, and then I took the diagnosis and film to the doctor. Surprisingly, the doctors took X-ray diagnosis began shaking his head,  his mouth Gee, I was immediately pumped wow cool, want to ask the doctor left how long results that doctors say is: "Oh, now young doctors, the handwriting is really bad. "Diablo 3 Items

baobaowudi
hada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 9:58am
I sold a ton of furniture on Craigs List without a single problem.  A male friend of mine and his wife have bought and sold a ton of baby and young childrens clothes off of CL and did really well with it. 

He promised to help me sell my furniture that way.  We sold my old refrigerator, microwave (I was moving into a house with everything all new) and he got me awesome prices. 

He also shared all his tricks.  First of all he is very careful about the ads he posts so it doesn't attract criminals or people who might take advantage. 

Then he is careful what emails he answers and only takes cash.  He always was with me when the people came to buy.  It was so painless. 

I guess the problems with CLs depend upon what you're buying or selling how you word the ad, what ads you respond to...etc etc.
baobaowudi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote baobaowudi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October 17 2012 at 10:01am
I have also had great luck buying and selling off CL's without any problems.

I did apply for jobs through CL but never even got a respond.  Not sure it really works for job.  More for buying and selling? 
baobaowudi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic