Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cobie Smulders

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cobie Smulders
    Posted: April 11 2011 at 9:34pm
I predict a major haircut for her in the near future.  When I first saw this picture, I thought she'd done it already but it's just pulled up
HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 7:56am
Interesting prediction. I've been enjoying (finally) watching her hair get shorter, wavier and bangier over the last season or two, and would be interested to see where she goes from here.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 11:04am
Looking at this pic and other updo pics - she would look good no matter what length she chooses. Why the prediction?
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 12 2011 at 8:45pm
Looking at the pictures of her on Getty and WireImage, she seems to be wearing it up most of the time.  I just have a feeling she's going to cut it; I've known a lot of women that eventually cut their hair after wearing it up most of the time.  I know that's not very scientific; it's more of just an observation.
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2011 at 10:09pm
HAWG
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 12:52pm
HAHA! Can I get your autograph HAWG? And to think...i knew you when!
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2011 at 5:27pm
So which were all your other predictions that turned out right, Hawg?
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 8:41am
Well he was not right on this one, at least not yet.
Michael1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2011 at 12:07pm
She has been cast in the Avengers movie, and in as many as 8 other films. The character has very short hair in the comic books.

Cobie was cast in February and the film is in production now. Since her role is smaller, they might have waited for her until she finished production on "Mother." That was probably some time in mid to late April. The photo above is from February 27.

Thus, it's very possible she was wearing her hair up a lot in anticipation of the hair change and that it's happened by now but she hasn't appeared at any events.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 11:50am
So, HAWG makes this prediction.  Hoopla ensues.  Karen sees it and annoints him Nost-hair-damus in an HB article.  Hearty handshakes and congratulations all around.

Time passes.

And now, TWO DAYS ago, Cobie shows up at the CBS Upfront presentation with a short bob...

...and what is the result?  This thread bumped to the top of the board?  HAWG hailed as a hero?  A front page article on HB touting his amazing prognostication? 

Nope, nuthin.  How soon they forget. Smile

BTW, Cobie's hair looks cute.  I like the waves, but think it will look even better when she grows it just a bit.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I noticed there WAS an article on Kristen Bell on the front page that needs my attention...

As usual,
JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
bnbivi00 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bnbivi00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 11:56am
Too much hair there. Has to be pinned up - Faux Bob....
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 1:04pm
More photos here, though still hard to tell:

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx?contractUrl=2&assetType=image&family=Editorial&p=cobie+smulders

I suspect it's faux, just a feeling. I like it more than I thought I would though, especially the bangs, which showed up for an episode this season and then seemed to vanish, so I thought she'd regretted it and grown them out.
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 20 2011 at 8:21pm
Honestly, I had a feeling and it was a slow week on this board, or at least it seemed that way.  I had been noticing that her har was getting shorter on HIMYM and then every time she was out in public it was pinned up in some sort of way.  I haven't responded to any of the posts in this thread because I just didn't know how to react; I was a little overwhelmed for one of the first times in my life.  Now, I'm looking forward to better pictures of her so that we can determine whether or not she really did cut it and I can't wait until the "Avengers" comes out and the subsequent guest shots on the talk show circuit.  BTW, Flea, great find! You're still the best!
HAWG
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2011 at 8:55pm

As of 4 June, it doesn't appear she cut it.  You can see a ponytail sticking out from under the ball cap (this must be her hockey attire)

HAWG
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2011 at 7:51am
Cobie goes for the full bang at Disney D23 Expo:

http://www.accesshollywood.com/freshbuzz/avengers-stars-and-more-at-disneys-d23-expo_gallerytab_3091/4
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 5:33pm
And it looks like she's keeping it for (or maybe she did it for) upcoming Season 7 of How I Met Your Mother:

http://www.cbs.com/shows/how_i_met_your_mother/photos/62758/season-7-first-look/62753

Those bangs could look great, but combined with what appears to be just-above-the-shoulder length could be too much gone at once. Will have to watch and see.
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2011 at 7:45pm
From what I can see so far, I like it. She has great features and looks good with the bangs and mid-length.
coolhair View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coolhair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 7:38am
Will they work it into the story line? I like it so far.
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 8:29am
Actually, I like it in the picture.  Cobie's hair had been a bit overlayered last season and this seems to correct it.  And done right, the bangs will work for her.

BTW, does anyone else think that Cobie would be the obvious choice for the lead in "The Contessa Brewer Story" if they ever make it?

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
AimeeMP View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AimeeMP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2011 at 9:36pm
I agree Mr. Flea.  All the overlaying actually made her hair look a little too thin IMHO.  I love her though.  Long hair or short hair.   One of my favs.
~Aimee~
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic