Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scraggly, thin hair that tangles & splits

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scraggly, thin hair that tangles & splits
    Posted: January 12 2012 at 9:00am
Well first of all, you're right, you need a trim!!! Otherwise it will look thinner. Second of all, what type of hair do you have? Is it straight, wavy, curly? Is your hair naturally thin? Or is it because of damage? Do you use alot of heat on your hair?  Is your hair greasy? Is it dry? Give us a little more background so we can help you Wink
cirquel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cirquel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 01 2011 at 3:53pm
Hey all,

Okay... I FULLY admit that I haven't been taking good care of my hair (at least, I think I haven't been). But the problem is... I really DON'T know how, and nothing I've tried has seemed to work.

I currently have long hair and haven't cut it for... probably several months now. I had layers in it, but they've grown out (not entirely). My hair is quite thin, and I've always had problems with tangles. Since I haven't cut it for a long time, I have a lot of split ends now.

For a long time, I used Herbal Essences shampoos, and once in a while conditioner by the same company. My hair stylist told me to switch to Bedhead's Moisture Maniac Shampoo and the matchup conditioner. I think it's made my hair less 'tangly'. I think what troubles it right now and what's giving it the 'scraggly' look is the fact that I haven't cut it in ages.

But what I don't get... is why 1) it's incredibly "limp" (there's none of that fullness that some people with even really long hair have -- possibly because I just have 'thin' hair, but yeah...) and 2) I continue to get tangles, even with this shampoo and conditioner.

I don't put other products in my hair often at all. But I do find that I need to wash it basically every day, or it doesn't look 'fresh.'

What in the WORLD can I use on my long, thin hair to make it look better?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic