Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Girlfriends new cut

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Jake86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Girlfriends new cut
    Posted: June 04 2011 at 5:03am
My GF is 26, very attractive, blue eyes, long blonde hair (mid back) and works as an Advertising Creative Director in London.

Yesterday morning she phoned me from a photo shoot saying that the hair stylist on the shoot wanted to cut her hair and what did i think. It was obvious that she really rated the stylist (supposed to be well known, but I've never heard of him) I basically told her that it was up to her, but don't go too radical!

Got home last night, first sight of her was from the back - closely cropped nape and ears! All of her hair has been cut off and she looks so amazing.

This is the closest I can find to her cut: GF's hair is slightly shorter on top and cropped closer at the sides, probably halfway between pic and faux hawk - does look amazing on her.

Edited by Jake86 - June 04 2011 at 5:11am
Diane49 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 5:47am
Wow! The combination of the pic and how you've described your GFs cut, her hair sounds amazing!

i've worked on photo shoots a couple of times and if a top stylist wants to cut your GFs hair she must be very attractive - they don't just cut anybody's hair. Also do you know how the stylist cut her hair? Normally if they do long to short they just get the bulk of the hair off as quick as possible - pretty brutal nothing like a salon. There again I would imagine with the job your GF does she will realise this.
orangenoise View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote orangenoise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 6:42am

Lucky you.  Pictures would be great if you could get one

Jake86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 7:58am
Someone she works with videoed the cut on her Phone and is coming around later to download it on to our Mac.

From what she has said, she had on no idea that she was going to be taken quite so short, and as you've suggested it sounded pretty brutal - getting the bulk off as quickly as possible and spending all the time titivating the final cut.

I'll post more details after I see the video.

They also did her makeup as well, so she's really very lucky having top professionals doing both her hair and makeup - she's virtually unrecognisable (in a good way!) from the girl who left home Friday morning. I don't know if she should be allowed out alone looking like this.
Jake86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jake86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 04 2011 at 11:40am
Seen the video:

Starts with her sat in the seat with hair on top clipped up, rest combed out still dry, nothing happens for first 3 minutes or so. For next 3 minutes with comb in one hand and clippers in the other he takes ALL her hair off, round her ears, closely shorn nape - from where she's had her hair in a ponytail in the sun, she has a brown neck, then 2 inches of very white skin before her shorn blonde hair starts!

He then releases the hair which has been clipped up, and starts taking that off again with comb and clippers (obviously keeping some length). He then sprays her hair with a water bottle - all this has taken just over 3 minutes and she now looks like a very pretty boy with short back and sides.

He then spends forever razoring her hair........before putting some product in and styling her hair. He then returns to her nape with smaller clippers and finally empties a can of hairspray on her head!

Any ideas how to sort out the white neck (and ears to lesser extent) Fake tan is the favourite at the moment.

Edited by Jake86 - June 04 2011 at 11:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic