Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

couture and locks and bonds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
lovedana16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:18pm
Thanks! I saw the So Cal ones on the vision website but it is a little pricey for me... Gosh I can't wait I am in the real world making money! lol I am actually really excited about trying all this out now!
You think Doctored locks tape is good? I am hoping for the tape that holds the longest since my boyfriend is my installer and he hates doing hair (good thing he loves me more! lol)
Also when I called the liquid gold website today they said their remover would remove ANY adhesive, so I could use it to remove LG and the tape at the same time.. Hope this is true...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:33pm
HAHAHA yeah that is true... I did not even realize the post was that old... I hear if you but the hair and make your own tape ins it is cheaper, but good lord hair is expensive! lol But honestly I love love love mine so much I don't think I will ever go with out. I use to hate my hair sooo much and wear hats all the time.. Now I still love hats, but barely put them on b/c I love my hair! I am going on a cruise in about a month I am hoping I get this all figured out before then, especially since I just started basically 3 weeks of finals! But that is dental school for ya... studying for orthodontics final and writing on extension forums, gotta love it! lol
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 20 2012 at 10:37am
Ya dr locks tape is good a lot of girls on here use it to ive had good luck with it. I respect dr locks a lot so i dont have anything bad to say about them. You'll notice its like the one place that only sells synthetic feathers not real feathers. Extensions are a lot of fun but they are expensive... Oh also LG is a good ass remover for glue and tape so good buy.  Wink

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - April 20 2012 at 10:38am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 11:44am
So I was actually talking to frenchie who made the thread you were talking to me about with the taped and glue weft. She still uses that same method which shocked me considering its been so many years but it still works for her really well. Thought i would update that as she had said that lg glue really is the key to the hold so it doesn't slip out. Sorry if i gave wrong info, I guess im just so use to doing things a little different but shes been doing this longer so she knows a trick or two. Wink
Sinfuliphone.com
A stock iphone is a useless brick, I live to customize!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 24 2012 at 8:13pm
Thank you! I actually just received my tape and LG yesterday! I am hoping I have a free night of studying soon so I can try a few out ( using my old clip in hair!) I was also interested in trying one "off the weft"... There is a tutorial on doctored locks I saw. I wouldn't be able to reuse the hair, but I was thinking with LG and tape I might last a bit... I was only thinking of using this method for a few in the front so it would be easier to hide the sew part in the front when I put my hair up! SO excited to do all this

Also I see there is a thread about trading hair/ samples. Is it too old to post on? I kinda wanna try so hair out, but the only thing I have to trade would be some microrings lol.. I would not be against sending a little money since all I really want is just a few sample to try out different brands and methods to see what I like.... When I clicked on it today, I saw how old that thread was.. :(

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 9:33am
Ya ive posted on that thread and never got anything but i think people still check on there. I personally use craigs list or a couple of my hair stylist friends trade out what they have.
Why cant you reuse the hair off the track? oh check this website out Frenchie sent it to me but I remember following this lady a long time ago so it was a good refresher her method is great and reusable. her real hair is so long now since she started. http://www.hairweftingtape.com/
you can find her on youtube as well. I might already have the actual video to somewhere around here pm me if you need it.
Sinfuliphone.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 25 2012 at 6:34pm
I mean I would not be able to reuse the hair if I decided to do the "off the weft" technique .. her eis the tutorial for it http://www.doctoredlocks.com/catalog/Liquid-Gold-Off-Weft-Bonding.html

And I just went to that website and OMG that is the tape I bought!! Saw someone else post about the tape.. I got the "really love it max hold" !! Still have not had time to use it though... I am thinking Friday or saturday.. and YES I am taking pictures! lol

Oh and I am SOO going to try craislist, shoot I use it from everything else already... lol
And since you have already been such a HUGE help and keot this si fun for me, in your opinion/personal experience, whathair have you found was the best (lasted the longest) for around $50-75 per bundle?? Now oiously the best hair is going to be MUCH more expensive than that, but I still loking for a bargain... Shoot if I was confident a certain hair was going to last a year or so I would pay a lot more... lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 26 2012 at 10:01am
Honestly hair wise bohyme all day every day. You can pick up bohyme for about 100-120 per bundle and from what you say you use you wouldnt need more than one package. Also it depends on the length of hair you want the longer you want the more expensive. But bohyme you can reuse 2-4 times just make sure to trim the ends. The less heat applied the longer they last.

Girl you can reuse doing that method so basically instead of applying the glue then applying it to your hair let the glue dry 100% make sure the glue is set right so you can put a strip of tape on it.Then apply the tape cut the weft part off and pull the white strip from tape apply to hair]. If need be you can add glue to tape to apply to hair for extra hold. Then when you remove the weft the tape can be removed from the hair (on the glue) and a new piece of tape applied. Reusable =). the layer of glue needs to be applied and pressed with the back of the comb to make a flat even layer you may need to apply 2 coats of glue but just let it dry all the way and then you have a seemless weft =).
Hey what color extensions do you need i might have a bag your color laying around here.
Sinfuliphone.com
6excgurl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6excgurl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 02 2012 at 1:52pm
Review on Locks & Bonds...
I have been using L&B since about 2009 or 10...when they used to sell on ebay too (btw, even though they don't sell on ebay anymore, but from their own website, you can still see their 100% feedback for over 500 transactions).

My honest opinion is that they have very good hair for the price. I have tried 808, but is is more expensive, and about the same. The texture is fine european and fits well to my thin hair. I have tried almost all the blonde colors they offer, and I do not find the colors fake at all. As a matter of fact, they are more natural than most brands because they do not have that overly shiny plastic-y look. I think they are not well know here, because they originally started in europe or something. If you look at their gallery page (really check it out, they have real customer pictures that are great - most are bloggers from europe, and you can actually see them wearing the extensions)

I use the micro rings I-tips in 22" and when I dont wear them, I used the 22"clip-ins which I think are a steal for the amount of hair you get. Oh, shipping is the fastest I have ever encountered from any store online.  I would still be using them, but I am trying tape (seamless) right now and they only carry clip-in and pre-tipped hair for micro links. I am hoping they will add seamless hair to their collection too. Anyway, hope that helps someone.

Edited by 6excgurl - June 02 2012 at 3:48pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 03 2012 at 12:48pm
Thank you for the feedback, I would really like it if they would carry some tape meathod hair. Wont know for myself until i try the hair though right lol. 
Sinfuliphone.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2012 at 5:01pm
I just saw you posted back to me sinful. I got the 2b, and honestly it is a little too dark but I still put it in.   I have tried a few methods but still havent found anything that is REALLY staying in.   I think the liquid gold sandwich technique is the best so far, when I just used the tape or the liquid gold without sandwiching, they came out after about 2 weeks. I even have some that were sandwiched with LG coming out... Not really sure why... I made sure my hair was clean when I had them put in and stuff...

And with your invisible weft method, when you use solvent to get the tape off, how is the solvent not also taking the glue off the weft also (causing all the hairs to no longer be attached?)
SabrinaI View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SabrinaI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 13 2014 at 4:17pm
Don't waste your time with Locks and Bonds. I received the hair and it was super bad quality and demanded a refund. They wouldn't give it to me after spending $300 with them. Tried taking it up with paypal and he pretty much told me good luck (manager John) and that he would win the dispute. Then lied in the paypal dispute center about everything. Shady company. Don't waste your time when they're are wayy better Loyal companies out there.
cicihairextensions View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cicihairextensions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2014 at 9:26pm

At Cici Hair Extensions We Believe Every Woman Should Have the opportunity to shop like the stylist that does her hair, and the movie star that recieves the full luxury custom treatment. We provide a unique salon style ordering experience, to help you get the perfect color, length, density, texture, type, and style, at prices that have only been available to professionals before now. 

www.cicihairextensions.com

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic