Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

couture and locks and bonds

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
SiNfuL GirL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: couture and locks and bonds
    Posted: June 09 2011 at 1:08am
Just did a new install using 808 and I loveeeee loveeee loveee this hair its 22 inches silky straight one of my favorite hair lines. it stays sooo soft a tad pricey though lol. But i still really want to try locks and bonds hair has anyone tried them. I used it on a client once but she moved out of state so i never got updates on how the hair turned out. Also I ran accross some couture hair and the last time i used that on a client she was back in a week with bad tangling. Has anyone used couture hair recently i was hoping maybe i just got a bad batch or something.
thank you..
hairbeautys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbeautys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 27 2011 at 4:27am
i also wanna to know this!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2011 at 5:48pm
I know right someone has to have tried these lol. 
niko5195 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niko5195 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 03 2012 at 12:19pm
Do not I repeat do not order locks and bonds hair it is thin cheap and took 200 pieces n still looks like I have no hair it's oily chemically treated n looks very fake I'm very upset n disappointed locks and bonds hair Is horriblr

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2012 at 11:11am
Niko5195, Thank you so much for your feedback. Im sorry they failed on you. I never ended up getting any simply for the lack of feedback. I try to stick to 808 it will last forever. and reusable many many times which makes it totally worth the money lol.
lovedana16 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 11:24pm
So I just made an account just to answer this... I have ordered Locks and bonds i-tip extensions. It was the first company I have used for i-tipped hair (I use the microring method) before I only had used clip in extensions. I think the extensions are pretty good... I reused my first set twice (about 5 months total use), then I ordered another set... Not sure about being thin I am pretty sure their weights of hair per strand were like double of other places I was looking into... I have very thin hair and I could only fit 40 microrings in the first time... since then after hair treatments and hair pills, we fit 50 in the last time (I know everyone says minimum is about 100 strands, but if you have to have hair to cover them if your hair is thin) I love my hair now. I have been considering another company just to see if there is something better out there, but I want something around the same price, and since a lot do not fit in my hair, this makes it very affordable for me since I am a dental student and live on student loans and my boyfriend installs them :D

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 14 2012 at 11:26pm
Oh and what brand is the 808 hair extensions? or is 808 the brand?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 7:02pm
Lovedana16, Very glad to hear you had a good experience with locks n bonds. Do you have any pic to show of the install? How long is your hair naturally? Im very curious to see because 50 bonds would be a dream cheaper lol. Yes 808 is the brand you can google 808 hair extensions and the places that sell will show up. Honestly I have reused the 808 hair many times. Never had a bad batch. Even if you can get a photo and send it private message i would love to see the install on you.
Keep updating we need the info on different brands lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 7:24pm
Ok I will have to try and find a picture with just my locks and bond's in, b/c sometimes when I go out I put my euronext clip ins in too .. Where do you buy your 808's from.. I found a site called vision but they are discontinuing them and don't seem to have many colors left.    I only wear 50 b/c that is all we can get into my hair b/c my hair is so thin I have to pull from a wider diameter for each one = less can fit in. But I LOVE having thinker hair.. The extensions are 18 inches, I cut off about and inch to the longest strands and now the extensions are about -3 inches longer than my real hair...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 9:42pm
I get mine from http://visionhairextensions.com/ Yes they are low on a lot of colors like all the time. I know that http://www.sunnyshairandwigs.com/fit-808-bw-14.html also sells and they are usually better stocked but I havent personally ordered from them. I  know other places sell them to. They are a little pricier but worth it in the long run because you can reuse them so many times if taken care of.  Wow your hair is naturally long already so you just wear extensions for the thickness... I know what your talking about using wider pieces of your hair to fit the extension piece. I personally like the thinner extensions because you can get more in and dont have to worry about doing a pull up quite as often compared to thicker pieces will tend to have side pieces of your real hair pull out of the bead and matt up easier. Thats just me personally if that is what works for you then keep doin your thang =) 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2012 at 10:39pm
Like I said it is the only hair I have ever used... Have you used any other brands you liked a lot? I really want to try another brand and just incase I can not find the 808 in my color I was wondering if you have tried any others. I was trying to find some reviews on doctored locks but I haven't really found any... I am hoping to find some 808 for a decent price for my next purchase... And hopefully I can get a few free minutes to find a pic...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 1:03am
dream catchers is good ive used those before. great lengths is all brand name i havent used them but a ton of girls say there not very good. If your Also bohyme is really good and great prices normally. you can go to there website and hopefully find a place locally to get the hair from...  http://www.bohyme.com/dealer.html. Ummm it also depends on your hair type if you say you have thing hair its probably baby soft to so i would try to find a silky straight extension bohyme has that as well as 808. Thats what i can think of off the top of my head. what color is your hair?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 16 2012 at 7:06am
I am italian so my hair is dark brown... I remember hearing about that dream catcher brand on here once, but I think I was under the impression you had to be a hair dresser to buy it. I will DEF get silky straight. I think i might check out the bohyme since the 808 seems a little pricey. I know you pay for what you get, but when living on student loans it will only stretch so far lol. I am actually excited/scared about what I get next... It is like gambling! lol

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 17 2012 at 12:21am
Ya it can be like gambling thats why its best to get reviews on a specific brand first but also realize different people will like different things. You don't have to be a licensed person to buy dream catchers that i know of however i do know that if you are licensed you get a discount at most places online and in person. Always good to know a licensed person when it comes to beauty products. lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 1:29pm
Have you ever tried tape in's or skinwefts? Not sure if there is a difference bw the two. But I was thinking since my hair is so thin they might be good to add some more volume/thickness. I looked for some hair so I could try it out, but all the sites you have buy like 4 oz of hear.. I only have 1 oz of microrings in.. lol Dont want to spend 80 bucks to see if i like it... Plus I wear my hair up a lot so I don't think I could put any on the sides... Being in school still (Dental school) student loans does not allow me to spend very much :( I just wish I could try it with some hair, b/c if i liked it I would buy that method for the back of my hair next time... any tips?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:25pm
Skin wefts and tape extensions they are about the same its weather you use tape or glue honestly people refer to skin weft as both ways. you should cut about 2-3 inches wide and you apply to a thin layer of hair then apply the opposite side of the same thin layer so both sticky sides of the tape touch eachother.  Tape lays really flat and hides realllllly well the problem with tape is you have to find really good tape beccause if when you wash and condition your hair it can cause them to slip out of your real hair from the conditioner.
If you are good at only appplying conditioner from middle to ends and not scalp so much they are a good method. You also to remove need a good oil or acetone (different people like different products) the good news is you can reapply the same hair lol. If you only have 1 oz of hair in now in Itip then i am guessing you will use about 2-3 oz of hair for the tape wefts because your able to apply flat piece of extension but on both sides of the row or layer of real hair. Its better to do the smaller pieces rather one long piece of weft because it will flow beetter with your real hair and easier to hide.

Edited by SiNfuL GirL - April 19 2012 at 6:38pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lovedana16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:45pm
WOW thank you so much for that!!! Me be able to get that much hair in?? WOW what a dream! lol I actually just ordered some liquid gold (seems like it has many of ways I can use in the future) to try out this "seemless" method... http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=51220
Found it through one of my many searches on this forum.

I was thinking as a tester I could take the clips off my euronext clip ins and try the tape in method with a few of those. I actually really hope this works because My mom has way thinner hair than me and wearing clips ins were so hard for her b/c they would show through so easily.

I am thinking of just wearing tape in's in the back b/c i am assuming high pony tails/ messed buns will not work with them, and as a former college softball player, I unconsciously throw my hair up constantly... lol That is one thing I love about my micro rings, i can do anything with them, so i guess i will keep those i the front.
From all my research it seem like proflex (i think also called protec) is a good tape, now just to find a place to get it where it is reasonable... hmmm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 6:58pm
http://visionhairextensions.com/eurosocapstickerhairextensions.aspx these euro so caps are actually really good for beginners and the tape holds well. you can search around for them but the hair is from Italy so it also good for thin hair it will match but still thicken at the same time. Tr dr locks for tape or visionary. Actually these pieces are so small that you can have them in front and they will hide when you put your hair up as long as you dont put in to many. i usually have more people complain about not being able to hide the micro rings rather the tape. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:00pm
If you do decide to go tape the only thing i would recommend is after each section is applied put the straightener on for a couple seconds to warm up the tape makes them stick together a little better. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SiNfuL GirL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 19 2012 at 7:14pm
Ya that thread is 5 years old lol example the euro so cap way there is no weft at all so its as flat as you can get and that is what frenchie was trying to show you can get is no bulk from glue. You needed hand tied wefts with her method which it was a good method if thats the rout you want to take but in all honestly it is a little outdated I love her she always gives great advice so im not hating just for me personally it seems you can get same results different ways now. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic