Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

keratin treatment for long straight hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
europeangirl71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote europeangirl71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: keratin treatment for long straight hair
    Posted: June 12 2011 at 8:30pm
Hello there

I heard that keratin treatment is mostly for curly dry hair. I used to have straight, smooth, shinny hair, never had problems with splitting ends but the texture has changed with age. Now I have dry, thin, frizzy, dull looking hair. I have tried moisturizing stuff, deep hair conditioner, some hair cream and butter, olive oil and so on. It's all make my hair looks flat and greasy. I have oily hair normally but now it's only near the scalp and the rest is dry and tangling thin hair. I would like to know if keratin treatment can help a bit to bring some healthy look to it? Thank you.
Ericachristina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ericachristina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2012 at 9:20pm

Keratin is found naturally in our hair and it helps protect and smooth the hair. Some treatments can eliminate frizz repair shine and help with damage. If you do a keratin treatment it may help strengthen your hair and smooth it out which may help with the tangles. I use a leave in keratin treatment by Chi it’s called the Chi Keratin mist. I found that this helped soften up my hair some but it isn’t the best Keratin treatment out there. I also found that no matter how many treatments I use in my hair and how expensive and top of the line they were, nothing helped improve the overall health and stopped damage better than keeping my hair from drying out. So I make sure to use serums or oils on my ends to keep them healthy and stop them from breaking.

Try keeping your ends healthy and moisturized, there are oils that can help with this such as Moroccan oil or coconut oil, not every oil works the same for everyone so you can try a few to see which ones helps you the most .

Make sure you check to see if there are any split ends that could be causing the damage now since your hair seems to have changed a lot. If you do have unhealthy ends trimming your hair can help with the tangles and help add some thickness if your ends are stringy and unhealthy.

Also try using a boar bristle brush to brush your hair, this brush is excellent for making the hair soft and spreading the natural oils throughout.

Also since your hair has gone through such dramatic changes keep in mind that it could also be due to hormonal issues or other medical factors.

Good Luck.

kaylayguerra View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kaylayguerra Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2012 at 12:55am
Wow! It's beautiful treatment and your advice about keratin treatment for long straight hair and i also need because of i was finding last week than you  give here advice so thanks for nice sharing it.

Edited by Karen Shelton - July 15 2012 at 9:40pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic